October 25, 2014 | 1610 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Powder Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by lovenoemie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the white handled powder brush. I've had it for about 2 weeks and so far so good. It is super soft, picks up just the right amount of product, and applies my powder foundation flawlessly. I've also had less shedding from this brush than I've had with some of my MAC brushes. Good quality for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

This is for the white handled brush, which is, from what I can tell, very similar to the black handled one except perhaps a little less dense. I use this for my MSFs and any loose shimmer or translucent finishing powder. It applies very evenly and applies just the right amount of product. I love Sonia Kashuk brushes, they are all fabulous and are on par with products that are double and even triple the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Tho

This brush is really soft. It does shed but very little. You can clean it with soap and water so you save on cleaning solution. The only thing about this brush is that it does smell once it gets wet. That's the thing that bothers me quite a bit. Other than that, it's a good brush to have. It's really 3.5 stars that I'm giving.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by gothpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the SK "Tools" powder brush, with the curvy black handle. I LOVE this brush - it's incredibly soft, dense bristles, and feels much more expensive than it actually is. $20 might seem like a lot for something from Target but this brush is just as good, possibly better, than much more expensive brushes I have felt and tried - when I needed a powder brush I was deciding between this, Urban Decay's, or Smashbox. I went with the SK one because it was the cheapest, I'm very glad I did, the quality is fantastic! The curvy handle feels great in your hand, feels balanced so it's easy to handle (not too light like some cheaply made brushes), it feels expensive - it's very well made. Though it may not be important to some, I also think the SK Tools black handled brushes are also very attractive, I would like to build a full set out of them (currently I have this powder brush and the foundation brush) It picks up a good amount of powder and distributes it evenly. I use it to lightly dust NARS loose powder over my foundation and it works fabulously. I think it will last me a long time but if I happened to lose it (or wear it out way, way down the road) I would repurchase in an instant, without question. This is my favorite brush, I use it every day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Nokomi

The white handled one is very similar to the MAC 134!!! I use it to apply bronzer and it's brilliant. I love this brush. It's fairly soft and applys product well. Not to mention it's a fraction of the price of the 134!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2008 11:20:00 AM More reviews by wslam00

This is for the new professional Sonia Kashuk black handled powder brush:
Although it is probably the most I've spent on a facebrush ($19.99), I think it was worth the money. I usually get the brushes that come in a set or are gifts with purchase, but I really wanted a good face powder brush, which in most travel sets or gift sets, they never include a face brush. The brush hairs are a lot softer than the white handled one (review below), and distributed my MAC mineralize skinfinish natural powder very smoothly. I haven't noticed it shed. I think this will last me quite a while! Buy the black handle Pro Sonia Kashuk line instead of the white handle one.. it's an extra 9 bucks but I think there's a significant quality difference!

White handled wooden powder brush: I bought this first thinking it would replace my purple handed one (circa early Sonia Kashuk 2000s), and I was shocked when I rubbed the bristles of the purple and my new white handled powder brush and my old purple one was actually softer. I think the white handles was a replacement for the purple handles that she had in her old line of makeup brushes. So anyway, it is rough on your skin, the shape is similar but no where near as soft as the black handled powder brush. Don't buy this. I could find cheaper softer powder brush for $10 like Ecotools powder brush.

Purple handled wooden powder brush: I LOVE this brush--but I figured I've had it forever and I wanted to just replace it. The new white handled version quality is worse.. atleast with the powder brush. I felt the other white handled eye brushes and they seemed fine. I love love love this brush, and I think the quality is inbetween the white and the black handled powder brushes--hair is soft but not as soft as the pro sonia kashuk black handled powder brush, but still in good form and Ive had it for almost 10 yrs!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by yorkgirl2

I absolutely love this brush! The first, and probably most important factor, is the bristles. They are divinely soft, packed nicely and depart and even flawless finish with very little shedding. I think the first couple times I used mine it shed some but after washing it the bristles became even softer and the shedding stopped.period. I think this definitely compares with brands like MAC and those found at Sephora and other department stores. The handle is long, light and fits well in my hand. It gives a superior finish with ease. The price is affordable and I promise for the price you pay it will more than exceed your expectations.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by supersonicsteph

I absolutely love this powder brush and the other Sonia Kashuk brushes. I need to review them soon, too! :) I have the long handled black brush, which is a bit more expensive than the white handled brush. The bristles are so soft! I find that I prefer this brush to the MAC 150 which I plan on returning to the MAC counter. I am very amazed how soft this brush is and what great quality it is for the price. It is so much nicer than more expensive department store or Sephora sold brushes. Thank you ladies at MUA for turning me onto the Sonia Kashuk brushes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by StefieJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the review of the BLACK HANDLED sonia kashuk powder brush. Many reviews are for the white handled, which is way inferior to the black handled one. The Black handled one is very soft, something that's very important to me. I haven't experienced any shedding yet, and I've owned it for a little over a month. A really great value in my opinion, and comparable to MAC brushes for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 5:05:00 AM More reviews by guiltypleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a FANTASTIC brush with great quality for a wonderful price. What else do you need? Seriously?
I used this for powder, blush, bronzer... its uber soft, doesn't shed and its even better than other more expensive brushes I've tried (I had some Clinique brushes and Sonia's kick their ass!!!).
I even tried some of the Sephora ones and trust me... these ones are worth it (I also have Sonia's foundation brush... same awesomeness). Get them at Target! ;)