July 31, 2014 | 1700 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Saint Germain (amplified creme)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2012 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Bambiina

My skin type is warm NC and this is a cool tone lipstick so it does not match my skintone and i look weird. I tried after going platinum blond and it worked a little bit better but still not my cup of tea. :/

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by suzanneblacklaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Yikes! this colour is definitley not for me! I swapped for this purley based on how the colour looked in the tube very pretty pink! This just didnt work with my skin tone. Its a very blue tone pink and lookks quite violet when on. It is a very bold colour and definitley not for the faint hearted! try it if u dare! :P

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by bangton

I thought the colour of this was amazing and after months of lusting after it but thinking it was too close in shade to a much cheaper lipstick I have, I finally bought it.
Now I wish I hadn't! I don't like it at all. It's one of the most drying Mac lipsticks I have ever used and I just don't seem to be able to get on with it at all. Having said that my Aunt has this and it looks awesome with her (dyed) white hair. My sister and I went shopping recently and she wanted this - I tried to put her off thinking Angel would be better but apparently she really likes it so it might well just be me that cannot stand it! The colour is nice but the way it dries my lips just looks rubbish!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by chabbycheeks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This pink makes my skin look uuber tan. It makes such a statement without going the red route. I love the creamy texture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted something as close to rimmel pink blush as possible as they have seemed to have discontinued it.after having a horrible experience with a revlon lipstick I decided to try mac as they have an extensive range of pink lipsticks,the mac sa swatched pink blush on her hand and said saint germain was extremely similar in color only it was a more lighter and brighter color I would say a heck of a lot brighter when I first saw it I thought how much it just screamed barbie pink it's very bright pastel pale pink that is in between sheer and matte just how I like a lipstick to be despite its loudness I bit the bullet and bought it. When I first put it on I was unsure at first but once I was fully made up I liked it a lot it gave me the whole sex kitten look plus I love the faint candy smell it has and so does my bf:) the only downfall is it comes off easily and does accentuate the lines on your lips but that's nothing a bit of clear gloss can't fix overall this lipstick rocks will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie24

This rocks! I am fair-skinned so this really does stand out on my lips. However that is not a bad thing! when I want to make a statement I always reach for this. The shade is just gorgeous but my tip to anyone who finds it too bright would be to just swipe on one lip, then press together and dap off any excess. That should still give a hint of the colour but not be overpowering. I love it and would buy it again and again! It is kind of like a brighter version of the lady gaga lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Charliep

Like a lot of the other reviewers, i really wanted to love this colour but the undertone is very very blue/purple and confronting. It definitely doesn't suit my skin tone (i have fair skin on the warmer side) and i am having a hard time thinking of who it would look good on.. its definitely not for all and i recommend testing it on yourself before getting it online like i did. BUT the quality of the formula and packaging is far superior to any other lipstick i own - the colour totally dominates with one sweep and it is perfectly unsticky, yet flatteringly shiny, and stays on reasonably too. Such a shame about the purple-ness of it... I will be looking out for a more neutral MAC pink to replace it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Tommystep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay so I am on a mission to help people learn about the products I love myself!
There are so many reviews on here that are just total BS to be totally frank.

Saint Germain is a gorgeous pastel pink colour that definitely makes a statement. It's very popular among celebrities and seen very often in music videos.

The Amplified Creme formula is a super pigmented, extremely creamy and smooth one that I would say is one of the most moisturizing I have ever come across. The texture is beautiful, it glides on lips so easily!

I think it's always good with any lipstick to moisturize and exfoliate before you put it on (simply a good lip balm and brushing your damp lips gently with a toothbrush does the trick!)

The colour is a bright yet light and cute colour that I imagine will suite a lot of people!

Mac prices aren't as bad as people make out and they actually are cheaper than any other high end make up line and they are definitely worth the money!

The packaging is classic and I feel as though they might have improved it over the past couple years (none of my logo's seem to scrape off anymore! =D)

This lipstick is one of my favourites and I would of course buy this again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by mamp123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a little bit unsure of this product, When I first apply it, I feel as though it doesn't suit me, however after about an hour it seems to look a lot better. It is very moisturising and has a great longlasting finish. I will persevere with it as I think it will look better with a slight tan, rather than my pasty skin at the moment :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by chaleyhetwyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick, its such a great girly pink. I do have a few issues with it being a bit too blue toned for my liking, but this is easily solved by layering it over Myth lipstick by MAC, making it a more wearable shade.
This lipstick is TERRIBLE for snapping after a few uses though and melting quite a lot. I have been through about 5 of these lipsticks and this has happened everytime for me, making it hard to apply to consistantly. However, i put my snapped lipstick into a small plastic travel pot, meaning I have to apply it with my fingers, and I love using it this way!