April 24, 2014 | 1920 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Saint Germain (amplified creme)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie24

This rocks! I am fair-skinned so this really does stand out on my lips. However that is not a bad thing! when I want to make a statement I always reach for this. The shade is just gorgeous but my tip to anyone who finds it too bright would be to just swipe on one lip, then press together and dap off any excess. That should still give a hint of the colour but not be overpowering. I love it and would buy it again and again! It is kind of like a brighter version of the lady gaga lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Charliep

Like a lot of the other reviewers, i really wanted to love this colour but the undertone is very very blue/purple and confronting. It definitely doesn't suit my skin tone (i have fair skin on the warmer side) and i am having a hard time thinking of who it would look good on.. its definitely not for all and i recommend testing it on yourself before getting it online like i did. BUT the quality of the formula and packaging is far superior to any other lipstick i own - the colour totally dominates with one sweep and it is perfectly unsticky, yet flatteringly shiny, and stays on reasonably too. Such a shame about the purple-ness of it... I will be looking out for a more neutral MAC pink to replace it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Tommystep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay so I am on a mission to help people learn about the products I love myself!
There are so many reviews on here that are just total BS to be totally frank.

Saint Germain is a gorgeous pastel pink colour that definitely makes a statement. It's very popular among celebrities and seen very often in music videos.

The Amplified Creme formula is a super pigmented, extremely creamy and smooth one that I would say is one of the most moisturizing I have ever come across. The texture is beautiful, it glides on lips so easily!

I think it's always good with any lipstick to moisturize and exfoliate before you put it on (simply a good lip balm and brushing your damp lips gently with a toothbrush does the trick!)

The colour is a bright yet light and cute colour that I imagine will suite a lot of people!

Mac prices aren't as bad as people make out and they actually are cheaper than any other high end make up line and they are definitely worth the money!

The packaging is classic and I feel as though they might have improved it over the past couple years (none of my logo's seem to scrape off anymore! =D)

This lipstick is one of my favourites and I would of course buy this again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by mamp123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a little bit unsure of this product, When I first apply it, I feel as though it doesn't suit me, however after about an hour it seems to look a lot better. It is very moisturising and has a great longlasting finish. I will persevere with it as I think it will look better with a slight tan, rather than my pasty skin at the moment :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by chaleyhetwyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick, its such a great girly pink. I do have a few issues with it being a bit too blue toned for my liking, but this is easily solved by layering it over Myth lipstick by MAC, making it a more wearable shade.
This lipstick is TERRIBLE for snapping after a few uses though and melting quite a lot. I have been through about 5 of these lipsticks and this has happened everytime for me, making it hard to apply to consistantly. However, i put my snapped lipstick into a small plastic travel pot, meaning I have to apply it with my fingers, and I love using it this way!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 5:38:00 AM More reviews by PrintesaBlonda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect bubblegum pastel pink Barbie like shade,having long blonde hair when I wear this I do get a lot of "Barbie lookalike" comments,some sweet some not so sweet! I have very fair skin and this does not look garish but I think that is due to the high quality formula. If you want to make a statement this is the shade to go for,it applies smoothly and looks and feel luxurious with a gorgeous vanilla scent. My only issue with this product is that it's very fragile,the third time I used this the stick broke and now it wobbles when I apply,this would not stop me from purchasing again though. For an extra glam look I apply a clear lip gloss over the top.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by sofiaramos1993

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty shade (it might not work for everyone), it as good pigmentation and its really creamy, it doesnt have the best staying power for this reason but its not the worst either. The creamyness is the problem for me but thats just my personal taste, I hate any creamy shiny lip product, I prefer matte or even satin finish. If you are a lipgloss girl this lipstick is really nice, it almost feel like a lipgloss with nice pigmentation and best staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Kizzy69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

MAC lipsticks aren't my favourite as I find them a bit drying. But this just takes my breath away and is my all time favourite lipstick.

I can't just swipe it on from the tube or with a brush, it needs dabbing in with a finger, especially around the outside of my lips. And I think adding gloss or balm ruins the look as it should be matte.

I'll be buying this lippie as long as MAC keep making it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Cb0205

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I probably wouldn't buy this again because Pink Nouveau is more suited to me. I find Saint Germain quite chalky but dabbed on is quite good. The colour is awesome, if anyone has ever drunk Saint Germain, it tastes like this product looks! It's a really Barbie, lollipop, neon yet pastel pink. Very pale and looks a bit concealer lips if your not careful. I've heard that Nicki Minaj wears this and Pink Nouveau. I think it looks better on darker women, I'm probably too pale for this one. Still I will use it up before I go and get PN.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by geekess

Love this- very pigmented and brightens up my whole face. Can be a bit drying but I just apply a gloss or balm over the top and it's perfect.
Can not rave about this enough so glad I decided on this instead of a different lipstick, if youre not sure whether to get this- BUY IT.