February 27, 2015 | 1820 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Porridge Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by petitebabygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this a lot. I lather it up with an exfoliating towel (the ones you get at Asian markets) and wash up. The oats don't bother me, the smell is yummy, and I feel clean, but it's also gentle on my skin.
I like to use it as a shaving 'cream' by rubbing the soap bar on the area to be shaved and letting the oats exfoliate before I shave.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by sarahlalalala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Porridge *_*

So good! This smells terrific! Everytime I walk past it, I HAVE to smell it. Reminds me of Tolberone chocolate. Anyone?

This great for bit of a bumpy massage feel and I extremeley recommened rubbing this soap on your feet, feels great

Seriously, can't get over the smell. Actually I'm gonna go smell it now..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Leylani

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Soap that grows mold, anyone...? Well, here it is. I guess this one is OK if you use it up fairly quick. But I did not love it enough. So after 14 days with no attention from me, it became a furry little new pet that I could not remember to have adopted.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by licoricepirate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this... it smells like SOUR, cheesy vomit! With orangey undertones. Blegh.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

On the fence with Porridge. I really like how well it exfoliates. The smell...meh. For me its like coffee molasses, which isn't all that appealing. I'm indifferent to it. Alot of people complain about the oats falling from the soap. This doesnt really bother me if I'm taking a shower because they go right down the drain, but if I'm taking a bath..its quite disgusting. It sort of looks like little bugs in my tub! The smell doesn't last at all on my skin. I find that the product melts way too fast, and yes you are left with more oats in your hand. Not sure if I would repurchase, simply because I only really like it for the exfoliating part.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by trnglinh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. It smells wonderful and lathers really well. I would give it a 5+++ if only it didn't dry my skin that much. After using porrige soup I still need to use my L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil to keep my skin soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by xXHugaholicXx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is another top soap on my fave lush list :)

It lathers soooooo easily, porridge probably has the frothiest lather compared to all other soaps. The smells took some getting use to but I absolutely LOVE it now!!!
I cannot say better things about it!!!

I don't need to press the soap much onto my skin since it pretty much lathers on contact and because of this those oats don't scratch at all.

As for the oat fallouts, I have a strainer-type thing so I don't have to worry about the drain clogging either :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE porridge!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by mhelena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this soap, smell is sweet toffee to me, it lathers good, only downside is that it has sls in it..so not "pure" I like it anyway, use it as a body scrub..and that smell..mm:)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by greenlima

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

smells like ice cream! not any more moisurizing or exfoliating or really anything more special than other soaps, but i love the smell! ill definately buy it again. super creamy which means it dissolves very quickly. i dont care about the large bits of oatmeal that fall off or how quickly it dissovles or how exspensive it is. i love the smell of ice cream!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

It's such a mess to use in the shower and it does nothing to moisturize OR exfoliate. And soap doesn't lather. I only ended up with little dark grains all over my shower room.