October 1, 2014 | 1904 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Porridge Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

On the fence with Porridge. I really like how well it exfoliates. The smell...meh. For me its like coffee molasses, which isn't all that appealing. I'm indifferent to it. Alot of people complain about the oats falling from the soap. This doesnt really bother me if I'm taking a shower because they go right down the drain, but if I'm taking a bath..its quite disgusting. It sort of looks like little bugs in my tub! The smell doesn't last at all on my skin. I find that the product melts way too fast, and yes you are left with more oats in your hand. Not sure if I would repurchase, simply because I only really like it for the exfoliating part.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by trnglinh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. It smells wonderful and lathers really well. I would give it a 5+++ if only it didn't dry my skin that much. After using porrige soup I still need to use my L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil to keep my skin soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by xXHugaholicXx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is another top soap on my fave lush list :)

It lathers soooooo easily, porridge probably has the frothiest lather compared to all other soaps. The smells took some getting use to but I absolutely LOVE it now!!!
I cannot say better things about it!!!

I don't need to press the soap much onto my skin since it pretty much lathers on contact and because of this those oats don't scratch at all.

As for the oat fallouts, I have a strainer-type thing so I don't have to worry about the drain clogging either :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE porridge!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by mhelena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this soap, smell is sweet toffee to me, it lathers good, only downside is that it has sls in it..so not "pure" I like it anyway, use it as a body scrub..and that smell..mm:)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by greenlima

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

smells like ice cream! not any more moisurizing or exfoliating or really anything more special than other soaps, but i love the smell! ill definately buy it again. super creamy which means it dissolves very quickly. i dont care about the large bits of oatmeal that fall off or how quickly it dissovles or how exspensive it is. i love the smell of ice cream!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

It's such a mess to use in the shower and it does nothing to moisturize OR exfoliate. And soap doesn't lather. I only ended up with little dark grains all over my shower room.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the scent of this soap and find the actual soap part of it to be gentle and moisturizing. It smells like a sweet oatmeal cookie. The scent isn't too candy-like and is not at all perfume-y. The lather of the soap is thin but milky and lush. You don't get many bubbles, but it does leave my skin feeling gently cleansed.
...
I find that the oat grains are too big and round to do any fine exfoliation. I have oily skin and get clogged pores on my back and chest, and this helps with that. I have kept a chunk of this in my bathroom for months and still have a piece as I only use it once or twice a week on problem areas. The oat grains fall off the bar of soap and rinse down the drain, but you'll need to make no pieces are left sticking to the side of your bathtub or the person who showers after you will be left wondering what those little brown things are! They look kind of like little bugs from far away...
...
Overall, a good soap for those who actually need oat-size exfoliators. The scent is scrumptious but the oat grains are honestly a hassle. If you have sensitive skin or skin that is already clear, then you probably don't need this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I must have kept this too long because the only scent I get is a faintly citrus one. So please keep in mind that these are best used immediately. I think the soap itself is nicer than some of LUSH's others. This one is creamy, moisturizing, and lathers well. However, the seeds are a bit abrasive. In the winter, my skin gets extremely sensitive and dry, and it kind of hurts rubbing the seeds against my body. Otherwise, the combination of creamy and lathering would make this an ideal soap for the wintertime.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm not very impressed with this. The oatseeds are very harsh and rough on my chest area, yet don't seem to do a good job of exfoliating any other part of my body. The oats make a mess in my bathtub - whilst some people say people shouldn't complain about that as it easily rinses away - I have to spend 5 minutes after my bath unclogging the drain and rinsing the seeds away. Hardly how I want to spend my time each evening. As a soap, it does not leave me feeling clean at all. The smell is really nice though, like oatmeal and orange juice.

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Propylene Glycol, Pinhead Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Orange Juice (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus labdaniferus), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Limonene

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 7:25:00 AM More reviews by IllumiGem

Being rather new to Lush and wanting to try a good starter variety of some of their more famous products, PORRIDGE was one I had to try. Scent-wise this soap definitely doesn't disappoint. It smells like sweet porridge/oatmeal with a hint of orange. MMM...so yummy and soothing. It lathers quite well for me and I actually don't find the porridge bits to be too abrasive. Of course that could be because my skin is accustomed to much harsher products like Buffy. The only reason I took off a lippie was the price. Yes it's great soap but definitely way overpriced for something that I'll wash down the drain in 2 minutes. In fact for the value, and if I could, I'd actually knock this down another half lippie because the soap doesn't look like it'll last very long.