LUSH Porridge Soap

3.6

Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Propylene Glycol, Pinhead Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Orange Juice (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus labdaniferus), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Limonene *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 3/16/2011 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Breakfast in a soap! I love to use this in the mornings, the oats go right down the drain. It's very soothing and yummy smelling. I love it! Really does smell like a bowl of oatmeal. :)

on 3/5/2011 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love the smell, I bought it for BOGO sale at Lush during boxing day and I'm glad I did! This stuff is great exfoliator, feels nice when scrubbing, but it doest get a tad abrasive. Did I mention I loved the smell? It smells like sweet molasses.

on 3/1/2011 8:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I feel like this soap lasted me forever compared to other LUSH soaps. I like that it is creamy and my skin does feel moisturized afterward. Pieces of oats did exfoliate, not sure if it was my piece though but I felt like majority was oats. Then I had pieces sitting around in my shower. Smell wasn't anything special for me but it wasn't horrible either. I have come across other LUSH products I would rather purchase before this one.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

when i smelt this in the store i first thought this was disgusting, but as i went back, the smell grew on me more. i bought this because of the exfoliating oats and because of how cheap this was.
let me say, that once you are using this, the smell gets so much better and literally does smell like porridge. it's smells sweet but wholesome if that makes sense. no obvious vanilla or honey scents to it. just a sweet milky smell. the oats really get into your skin and gently exfoliate (not like a scrub), and this soap is VERY creamy. you don't need to work for that lather.
soaps are usually my least favourite Lush products, but this is very unique. i would definitely buy this again and i really love using it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like this a lot. I lather it up with an exfoliating towel (the ones you get at Asian markets) and wash up. The oats don't bother me, the smell is yummy, and I feel clean, but it's also gentle on my skin.
I like to use it as a shaving 'cream' by rubbing the soap bar on the area to be shaved and letting the oats exfoliate before I shave.

Porridge *_*

So good! This smells terrific! Everytime I walk past it, I HAVE to smell it. Reminds me of Tolberone chocolate. Anyone?

This great for bit of a bumpy massage feel and I extremeley recommened rubbing this soap on your feet, feels great

Seriously, can't get over the smell. Actually I'm gonna go smell it now..

on 2/1/2011 3:49:00 PM

Soap that grows mold, anyone...? Well, here it is. I guess this one is OK if you use it up fairly quick. But I did not love it enough. So after 14 days with no attention from me, it became a furry little new pet that I could not remember to have adopted.

I got a sample of this... it smells like SOUR, cheesy vomit! With orangey undertones. Blegh.

on 1/25/2011 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

On the fence with Porridge. I really like how well it exfoliates. The smell...meh. For me its like coffee molasses, which isn't all that appealing. I'm indifferent to it. Alot of people complain about the oats falling from the soap. This doesnt really bother me if I'm taking a shower because they go right down the drain, but if I'm taking a bath..its quite disgusting. It sort of looks like little bugs in my tub! The smell doesn't last at all on my skin. I find that the product melts way too fast, and yes you are left with more oats in your hand. Not sure if I would repurchase, simply because I only really like it for the exfoliating part.

on 1/21/2011 4:17:00 AM

I absolutely love this product. It smells wonderful and lathers really well. I would give it a 5+++ if only it didn't dry my skin that much. After using porrige soup I still need to use my L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil to keep my skin soft.