September 18, 2014 | 2062 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Sonia Kashuk - Blending Sponge

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Then after reading reviews and asking for a cheaper alternative of the beauty blender. MUAers recommended me the the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge. I got it for $8.99 at Target (luckily, they had it on sale that day). I have both the beauty blender and ths SK sponge, but I prefer this one. The SK is more firmer.

I don't like liquid foundations before, due to being "streaky", and I need to blend / buff it well w/ a brush. I don't have that much time just doing my makeup. Now, I switched to powder to liquid because of this sponge. It it very easy to use, it blends my makeup well by just doing "the bouncing motion", saves me time putting my foundation.

Just clean this sponge every after using to avoid bacteria harboring, that causes break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by ilybella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This sponge has to be LOVE! It's $10 dollars at my Target and it's SO CUTE! I have the purple one. I usually dampen the sponge then dip it in my foundation and start stippling/bouncing it on my face. Airbrush finish! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Cyndiiisayshi

THOW ALL YOUR FOUNDATION BRUSHES AWAY!!! This is seriously the greatest little sponge EVER!! I get soooo many compliments on how flawless my face looks. Really gives you that airbrushed natural look. Despite what everyone says, I really find myself using less product on my face....

***Make sure you use it damp!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by AndeeMode

I purchased the purple version about a week ago. The first time I used it, I was super impressed. It left my makeup with a nice finish after applying liquid foundation. The next day, it wasn't as amazing, but I thought it was just me being lazy or something. Well the NEXT day, I knew for sure it wasn't me. It wasn't blending as well, because even after I wiped it down with mkup remover, it had residue it had soaked up. I tried to clean it, and boyyy was that a pain. It still isn't clean! I sprayed it with my mkup remover, wiped, rinsed, soaped up, rinsed, rubbed, squished, rinsed! OMG!!! It still isn't clean!!! A bunch of makeup soaked up into the thing! (What a waste of foundation btw) Mainly on the main end (wider part). I could feel the foundation (Photoready) kinda just sitting on top of it. Grr. And I guess even with being super gentle, it still wasn't durable enough during cleansing. It has two small rips and a chunk missing!??? This was expensive for a sponge first off, and it's not even durable. I didn't even get to use it for a week without it getting...ruined I guess. I'm super bummed :/ Maybe it's just me not knowing how to clean it :( But I think it wasn't worth it anyway :p WOULD NOT REPURCHASE. I'll look for another sponge. meh. :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by StaceyTX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to apply my foundation with the ELF Powder Brush or a regular makeup wedge sponge. I bought this thinking it was a cheaper alternative to the Beauty Blender, which I was too cheap to try. I liked this the first time I used it, but that was it. Mine was the purple one, not the blue as pictured. It is dense, impossible to clean, and doesn't absorb water and expand. Therefore, it doesn't apply my makeup well. I threw it away this morning and ordered the Beauty Blender. Hopefully I'll have better results with that! In the meantime, it's back to wedge sponges and my ELF brush.

UPDATE: I just received my Beauty Blender in the mail yesterday and used it this morning. NOTHING like the Sonia Kashuk sponge. The Beauty Blender gets huge when you moisten it and does a wonderful job buffing out my Colorstay foundation. I should have just saved my money on the Sonia Kashuk sponge and splurged for a Beauty Blender in the first place. There is no comparison.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by gcgirlzprez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I read about this sponge in a magazine, and I thought it was really neat! I mean, it's just a cool looking sponge, and blending make-up isn't that hard to do without a fancy blending tool, but it was still cool. Then I saw how much it was-$10. ten bucks for a SPONGE?! I thought it was crazy. But something told me to look at the reviews for it. When I did, and I saw all the reviews were great, I talked myself into buying it. So I did, and I love it!
The shape really contours to the shape of your face and does a great job blending.
two thumbs up for the expensive cool sponge!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by boezoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use Bare Minerals makeup. I have always used the BE brushes to apply & found that my dry skin could use something more hydrating. Not wanting to give up the makeup I use, I use this to apply my foundation, bronzer, blush & highlighter. It gives a soft, dewey finish even with mineral makeup. I like that I'm forced to wash it after each daily use because it's nice to use a clean sponge everyday. I have not tried the Beauty Blender because of the price & this alternative. I pat or bounce the sponge on my face & it leaves no marks or streaks. It's fantastic! I have the blue one rather than the purple & have had no issues with it falling apart or ripping. I use my Bare Escentuals brush cleanser to clean it daily. When I use this sponge, I get it wet & wring it out. I don't dry it further on a towel. I prefer it to be very damp when I apply.
EDIT: as of 4/13/10; I have 2 tiny rips in my beauty sponge on the wider tip which is the side I use most. I will probably have to purchase a new one within a week or two since I use it everyday. Still loving it & recently washed all of my face BE brushes & put them away because I really don't use them anymore. I kept my blush brushes out because I do occasionally use those instead of the sponge, I find that it's faster to use the brushes for blush & highlight & especially with the bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used the beauty blender sponge from saphora for about a year. The sponge held up quite well under heavy use, but was worn out so i retired it and purchased sonia kashucks blender sponge as its replacement. I am so pleasently surprised. This sponge works amazing. I use it wet to apply my liquid and cream foundations and wet for my mmu. The application of all these products goes on smooth, and look completely airblush. I put some product onto the rounder end and bounce the ball on my face quickly. This effortly blended my foundatiin making it look perfect. I also use the sponge for concealer and blush application. This product is amazing. Try it you love it. Cleans very easily with abs.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I had this for about a week and then my dog chewed it up! But when i was able to use it, it was an ok product it uses a lot of foundation, i don't think i will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Adriana_C

I haven't tried the Beauty Blender (which is not in my budget), but this is the best foundation applicator I've ever used. Actually I thought this was a splurge since I'm used to buying those big bags of triangle sponges for a few dollars. I could never go back to using those things or my fingers anymore now! This little purple sponge blends the foundation in very well and is so much fun to use. I wouldn't go as far to say I look airbrushed, but it's much closer than before. I have had it for over 6 months and it's still in perfect condition.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No