September 21, 2014 | 1892 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - M Perfect Cover BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i am in love !!!
after using josie maran matchmaker foundation in fair/light, i thought that i found the best ever foundation for my temperamental skin. don't get me wrong - matchmaker is an amazing foundation if you are lucky to find a good match for your skin. but, just like any other foundation it requires good sunscreen to use under.
that presented a problem, in my case. i only use la roche possay anthelios xl (which i buy from french drugstores). unfortunately, the matchmaker and lrp dont want to play nice. they really dislike each other and i am left with a mess to clean up :(
this means that i can only use jm foundation when going out in the evening. what to do? search the web, starting with mua. as always, you ladies did not disappoint. so many took the time to write about missha bb creams. thank you, thank you.
after a lot of reseach and soul-searching - am i #13 or #21?, should i trust ebay or amazon? - i decided that $ is not a lot of money for 50mg of product and bought it in shade #21.
i've been using it for a month and love it, love it, love it. every time i wear it, people ask me about my skin-care regiment. no one ever asks what foundation i use. this bb cream gives such a perfect coverage, it is invisible, while making your skin look flawless.
i have pink undertones and was worried that since this bb cream is made for mostly asian market, it might be too yellow for my complexion. not that some american companies dont make overly yellow foundations (looking at you - b brown). no worries with missha perfect cover. as the name says - perfect. even though it does come out of the tube looking a bit grey, it looks perfect on my skin. not too yellow, not too pink, just a perfect match without any demarcation lines.
my skin tends to be dry in winter and normal in summer. for dry skin, a good moisturizer is needed. i use a few drops of jm argan oil, which gives wonderful smooth base, followed by lrp sunscreen. wait 10-15 minutes, then apply bb cream.
missha perfect cover has spf 45, which is great. but as someone correctly wrote - to have proper sun protection, you would need at least a teaspoon of product. that is unrealistic with bb cream. so, please, if you are serious about protecting you skin from the damaging sun rays, do not skip the sunscreen, even with bb cream, even with high spf.
i am always amazed reading reviews of products with meger spf 12 or 15, that people praise for having spf and believing they get the coverage they need. are you kidding? especially with all the crappy sunscreens american companies sell. but then, we live by the ocean and see so many beautiful women sun-bathing for hours, in the middle of the day, without even applying sunscreen. sad, but true.
anyway, relying on bb cream for sun protection is not enough.
another great thing about this particular bb cream - you can apply it very close to the waterline and it does not burn or irritate your eyes. i have very sensitive eyes, to the point that i could never use mascara, no matter how much i tried. aside from good eye creams, misha bb cream is the only product that does not irritate my eyes. i am often using it instead of eye concealer and cannot be happier.
personally, i do not like heavy foundation coverage. i dont think it looks natural any time, and especially in day light. unless you are an actor or a reality tv star, you look like you are wearing a mask. everyone knows you are wearing foundation. nothing wrong with it, of course, if that is what you like. just know, this cream will not give heavy coverage, even if you use several layers. using just a small amount, this cream gives medium coverage, but blends so beautifully, that it does not feel like, nor look like foundation at all.
has flowery+baby powdery smell, which i can live without. wish it had no fragrance, but will re-purchase in spite of this.
amazingly, lasts all day - from early morning, to late night. i use clarisonic to remove it at night, even at the end of the day, you can see foundation on the clarisonic brush.
again, thanks to all of you who said you need some serious cleansing to remove this bb cream. good advice! guys, do not skip this step. use a good oil cleanser, your skin will be thankful.
what else? ah, the tube - well, yes it is sanitary, but somewhat a pain to use. little pump - not enough product, big pump - too much. and you never know how much product still left in your tube. this would not be so annoying if missha was widely available everywhere. but if you have to order it and wait for a lenghly delivery from korea, etc, you will have to be patient. it requires advanced planning and stocking up. just be aware, this is not something you can buy from your corner drugstore, at least not in north america. not today.
aside from all the minor thngs - missha m perfect cover bb cream has all the potential of hg product. fingers crossed :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well I guess it's official - Asian skincare and cosmetics don't work for me!
I had tried the ChoBoYang a year ago and hated it, it just sat on top of my skin looking grey.
This other one did more than that: it also broke me out. I wore it one day at work, and by next day I had cystic acne developing!
It looked ok for a while, then I got oily and it started looking blah. The shade 21 matched me well (I'm NW15).
If it wasn't for the breaking me out, I would have continued to wear it daily as a work foundation, but ... yeah...I'm not willing to have a pizza face because of it.

I guess it's a good product if it doesn't break you out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by gadgetgalz

I've used this product for 3 years now, it was my HG BB cream but sadly, I'm gonna let it go now. The product blends to my skin nicely, but after a while it tends to build up lots of sebums after I remove it from my face. My skin tends to dry out after cleaning, yet it shines like crazy after 2-3 hours when applied. And I notice my pores are actually bigger at the peek of my cheeks where the product usually shines the most.

After that, I threw my still-90%-tube away and decided to look for a new one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by chi77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I may be the only person on this planet who dislikes this. It's expensive compared to the other BB creams I love. It's sticky and watery. Coverage is sheer. Feels like it just sits on top of the skin and doesn't blend well. Gives me a grey cast. Feels heavy like I have a ton of cream on my face. I only love matte bb creams and this is definitely sheer and zombie looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by thekissflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I definitely like this BB cream more than Missha's M Signature Real Complete BB cream. It's much lighter on the face, it doesn't make me break out, and it covers the redness on my cheeks and T-Zone. It tones down acne scars, but they're not completely gone.

Since it's winter, I use a moisturizer before I put this cream on. I probably won't have to during the summer.

The cream stays on my face all day and it doesn't come off until I use soap.

BUT!!
If you have any fine lines or dry patches, the cream will cling on to them. It's not as bad as Signature Real Complete, where the cream's stickiness accentuates the dry patches/lines, but if you don't exfoliate or you cake on too much at once (a little goes a long, long way), it'll look disastrous. The BB cream is also comes on super dewy when you put it on first, though eventually that goes away.

There's a baby powder scent that can be strong if you're not used to it. It doesn't go away.

Would I recommend this BB cream? Absolutely. Just go a shade darker than you normally would. The swatches on the Missha website are darker than they are in real life. So if you're NC 25 ish, Missha's 23 would be good for you during the winter, and their 27 (honey beige) should be ideal for summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have other products that I prefer to use as a base and considering these only come in three shades its not bad I am usually around NC 40 in Mac and 4.5 in Bobbi Brown the middle one is a good match although I sometimes mix it with a little bit of yellow corrector to make it more golden. the the darkest one is really red if you use a color corrector it could work considering these were designed for Asian women being a Korean brand you would think the colors would be more golden based, my mother is fair skinned Korean and matches the first one perfectly and she tops it with the twin cake. its all right its got good coverage personally I am over the whole BB cream craze I even have the Dr. Jarque as well. I am much more considered about color match whats the point in buying a expensive BB cream or foundation if they don't match exactly? I usually get custom blended foundation and just invest in good skin care products. But this is a good bb cream and for younger girls who are starting off using foundation in their teens I recommend something like this that pampers the skin but is not full coverage. just be sure to blend well!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by style4style

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Been looking for a really good BB cream and saw this had the best reviews. It does blend in with your own skin tone and the colour (I am shade 21) though quite fair is perfect. This comes from South Korea where apparently they've known about BB creams years before us. Overall, I would highly recommend - good value, excellent product and natural shade. Application easy, no funny smell and lots of compliments on a lovely complexion! (Meant to give a five lippie rating but can't change it now!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE this BB cream! All the rave and reviews about this BB cream is completely valid and on point. They don't have many shades; I am in #27 - A golden beige color. I believe it is the darkest shade. It comes in a super easy to use pump & you can cap it so no germs get in and no cream is lost. There is a light fragrance when you apply it on your skin. Nothing overwhelming and it goes away very quickly. I can't pin-point what it smells like but I guarantee it is nothing terrible and it does not smell like SPF.

It is a product that is "a little bit goes a long way." I can use a half to one pump to cover all my face. On days that I just want to even out my skin, I use very little. And then on days where I want a full coverage, I use a pump and stipple it on and go over the areas that I want more coverage. I love how easy it goes on and how fast it sinks into my skin. Some have mentioned that it blends with your skin tone, and I have to say, there are days where I notice how it blends on and camouflage with my skin. LOVE THIS!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by uxi

Buff well into the skin to give a beautiful, natural coverage for everyday use. Mimics the appearance of skin whilst also giving off a dewy finish.
Love the fact that it comes with a pump that controls the amount of product coming out.
The only slight downside is that it gives off a greyish tint at first, but will then oxidise to match your skin tone after 15-20 minutes.
Will purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Blozi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very excited to try this popular BB cream but unfortunately I'm not going to buy it ever again. The main reason is that this product smells VERY WEIRD, VERY BAD after 5 hours on my face. It is a very strong scent that I can't ignore and others near my face can detect.

I have this same problem with korean face creams, not just BB Creams.