July 24, 2014 | 1927 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by putu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

sorry,this is the worst foundation the i've ever tried.RIS,I've been using studio fix fluid NC40 for 2 years,i love the coverage and doesn't feel greasy on my oily acne prone skin,NC40 a bit lighter for me in the summer,so I swap this from a lovely swapper in NC42 but it look so dark on me and greasy!Definitely never repurchased this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by natucha21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

what i like about this is that it comes with a pump and that it blends with your skin so naturally.This foundation was my exact skin color.But if you like full coverage this is not for you which is why i will not repurchase again.it goes on sheer and you could build it but not to a medium coverage.if you have acne scars they will show up pinkish spots.for me it gives me a natural finish so I give it 3 lippies because my face looks good but I wouldn't wear it to school or work because it doesn't last long & it rubs off way too easy i once left makeup stains on my boyfriends white bed sheet!! and through out the day my skin became oily so i had to buy blotting paper and my skin is dry like a lizard. P.s this has a slight shimmer but way less than revlon photoready.you can hardly tell but that's what gives that dewy look

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by kapateen

At first, I got the NW20 from trying it on at a MAC makeup counter and either the lighting wasn't good or something went wrong, but it came out very orange on my face. (And when it oxidized, it was even worse.) So, I went to another MAC makeup counter and the consultant said I was at least a NC15. (Big difference, no?) I tried that on, and it worked pretty well until I realized it oxidizes so quickly and it even turned my skin pink! I am tan on my arms, but the rest of my body is fair. My face is even lighter and has a yellow undertone. I've tried combining both of them and ended up with this weird color on my face. It has really great coverage and it didn't make my face break out, but I don't see the shimmer that I wanted in this and I might have to choose another makeup brand just to get the right shade of foundation. I really like MAC as well; I guess I will have to just buy their eyeshadows and eyeliners.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by tstimbert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in NC15 and it oxidizes to a terrible orange that shows up like a splotchy fake tan on my fair skin. Even under powder, this foundation turns my dry skin into a flaky oilslick. Mixing it with moisturizer is a terrible idea unless I want to look orange and dirty. Yes, dirty. It seems to make my skin even more uneven.
    As far as application goes, it's tacky and somewhat difficult to spread.
    Overall, this foundation is a no. Just no.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by ShahanaSkye

I'm a person who never wears foundation so the fact that I like this means a lot :). I have dry and dull skin but this stuff makes me glow and it's not heavy or paint like as I tend to think foundation is. I would not recommend it for oily skin as it is quite moisturizing. It actually works better for moisture than some lotions. They should market this as a tinted moisturizer as it does not have heavy coverage at all and it is so smooth and moisturizing. This will not be good for someone with a lot to cover but if you have generally good skin but dry skin this is perfect. It is best set with a powder because if it gets too oily and oxidizes and disappears you'll be left with tiny sparkles on your face. No big pieces of glitter but a bit of sparkle which is what gives you the glow. I would also skip doing the T-zone with this foundation and use a different one, just too much shine for that area on me. Overall, I love this stuff and my skin looks absolutely gorgeous with it on.

UPDATE: My skin became dryer and this ended up looking like pasty glitter on my face with no coverage. Awful. Returned it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I like this foundation. It offered more coverage than I was expecting- I don't find it to be very sheer at all, but it doesn't look masky either, I definitely have acne scarring that needs coverage, so trust me that it does offer some coverage, at least w. the brush I use). I use a dual-fibre brush to apply and it goes on really easily. It's not cake-y or super thick. The finish is dewy but I use a finishing powder over top (usually their satin finish mineral one) and end up with a nice, natural yet polished look I feel comfortable with. My only problem with it is that at the end of a work day, it can look splotchy, especially if you have oily skin. Looking at it in natural daylight and closely in the mirror after a long day, I can definitely see it sliding off and it's a little bothersome. So at first it looks really nice but I think to keep it looking nice (if you have oily skin), you will need some sort of blot powder or mattifying primer. Touch ups are necessary for me or maybe a mattifier to keep it in place. If you have dry skin though, it might be fine all day. I definitely like this foundation and have no problem using powder or oil absorbant blotting sheets. I really like the finish and ease of application, I would consider getting this again in terms of how it looks. My only other problem with this is that I think it is makes me break out. I know everyone's skin is different but if you have oily skin and have temperamental break outs, you might want to be careful...it is ashame because otherwise I really like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by EllePayton

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's such a shame that this foundation didn't work for me because I really wanted to love this foundation! It broke me out, and having oily skin, this foundation makes me look even oily and it sorta makes me look sparkly. These 'sparkles' have stuck to my foundation brush as well! I'm sure that this foundation would work for someone with dry skin, to give them a luminous glow, but it didn't work for me. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Cherrybubblegum93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

(I went to Mac a few weeks ago and I purchased this foundation)

Hiya!
    If you have oily skin I def. Wouldn't recommend this foundation mainly because it will look greasy & would enhance any imperfections. however it it works very well for dry or normal skin.
    (I have dry/normal skin.)
    At first I actually didn't like this at all.. I thought it looked cakey, was to shimmery & sticky.. I used to apply this with Elf's flat top powder brush which wasn't a good move because it applied to much of the foundation so it ended looking cakey! :O

BUT! After a while I learnt that It is best to just apply this using clean fingers because 1st. You dont use as much, 2nd. It is easy to blend & 3rdly It gives a thin even layer.

I also mix this foundation with a bit og revlons colourstay (dry/normal skin) just for a higher level of coverage. I find that it mixes well with others foundations 2.

I would def purchase this again! I'm in love with the dewyness of the foundation & the healthy glow. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 7:44:00 AM More reviews by Aw89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think the reason this foundation hasn't got as great reviews as some of the other Mac foundations is because for this one it really depends what skin type you are and what finish you prefer. I have slightly dry skin and for me, I like my skin to look bright and dewy and this foundation is perfect for me. I can imagine if you had quite oily skin then this would just make you look greasy but for my skin it makes my skin look really healthy and radiant. I needed a new foundation to wear during the day and the Mineralize Satinfinish is not too heavy, I would say medium coverage so it's great for the day and I would probably wear it at night as well, although I usually tend to go for Studio Fix fluid. For me this foundation is perfect and, it doesn't dry my skin out and really brightens it up as well whilst giving good coverage but I can see why for some people with certain skin types, oily or prone to breakouts, this one wouldn't work.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by chriseileen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is good for people who have oily non-sensitive skin. The finish is satin- matte with a sheen. And if you're taking pictures, this is good for that too. This foundation is VERY buildable and can be considered FULL COVERAGE. If you want a LESS intense, lighter feeling foundation (in general) use MAC Studio Fix+ by spraying some onto your foundation applicator before applying your foundation or using your foundation applicator to apply your moisturizer/primer this helps "dilutes" "thins" out your foundation for a easier more sheer application.

BEWARE... for any and all foundations everyones skin is DIFFERENT and will react and look different when applied. ANY first signs of irritation immediately remove this make up and cleanse your face. Your face should NOT itch after application.

There is a reason why high-end make up can be refunded to the store.