Ecotools Powder Brush

4.5

Brushhhhh :]

on 2/12/2012 9:19:00 AM

I loooove this brush to apply my Rimmel stay matte powder ! It works great !

I bought this brush to replace the really crappy brushes that come with the Bare Minerals kits.

So far, it works pretty well, if not better, in picking up the powder and depositing it on my face. I seem to have to use more with this brush, but unlike the BE brushes, this doesn't "shed" all over my face. It looked like I had wiped my face with a horse's tail the last time I used the BE brushes. It was AWFUL.

I'm still on the search for a really GOOD replacement, but this works just fine in the mean time.

It even washes pretty well. I noticed when I was wetting it that it retains a LOT of powder in the center of the brush base. I guess if you spread it out more than I do, you might get better coverage. But, once soaped up, it also retains the soap in the center of the brush-- make sure you thoroughly rinse.

It dries REALLY quickly. I could have used it after about 20 minutes, letting it air dry. By the time I got the other 4 brushes I was washing, I noticed that it was almost dry after a quick towel rub. I put my blow dryer on it (on cold) for a little bit and then let it air-dry on a towel.

I rate the packaging a 3 because it is difficult to get out of the package without breaking/bending bristles.

on 1/31/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love Ecotools brushes, and this is no exception. The bristles are super soft, and don't irritate my sensitive skin. This applies powder, blush, or bronzer evenly onto my skin. This brush was also really affordable.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Before purchasing this brush, I had the retractable kabuki. I noticed the bristles weren't as dense as the kabuki. And because the brush was encased in a small ziploc-like package (note the picture) for some time, it made the brush flat. I was hoping it would maybe poof up as a nice fluffy brush overnight, but it did not. As a result, this brush failed to pick up my loose powders (considering its strangely flat shape, I didn't bother trying it on compact powder). It does make a perfect brush for light blush application; that's basically it.

on 12/18/2011 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

How soft is this brush! I actually enjoy using this to set my foundation with powder. I've only used it with MAC pressed powders but it picks up product amazingly and distributes it evenly. It was a tough decision between this and Quo when I went to Shoppers. So glad I picked this! PS. I love the clothy, reusable packaging it comes in. Definitely makes it easy to travel with instead of sweeping up dirt from my makeup bag.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really love Ecotools, never had a bad brush from them. This is really great for putting a light covering of powder, to matify your face or set your foundation without getting cakey. Easy to clean, nice and soft.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this brush. It works as nicely as much more expensive powder brushes I've had in the past. I can't give it a five because it loses some of it's softness as it gets washed, but otherwise it works very well. I like the packaging, I love that it is cruelty-free and also ecologically responsible. I might just repurchase a new one when this one gets too stiff.

on 10/5/2011 4:49:00 PM

I didn't think I needed a powder brush until I bought this to be honest. I used to use spare blush brushes but finally just gave in and bought this darn brush and I'm really glad I did.
Pros:
-extremely soft
-quite affordable at around $12 CDN
-washed it many times now, hasn't shed or bled ink once
Cons:
-I'm honestly being picky here but the 'reusable' packaging really isn't that reusable.

I usually use this with my physicians formula talc free mineral wear powder to set my foundation and it does a great job.It gives a nice light dusting of powder to set makeup and never scratches or irritates my sensitive combination skin. However, I would NOT reccommend this for mineral makeup however as it's not dense enough to buff mineral foundation in. All in all, it's great at what it's advertised to do and I would highly reccommend it to anyone and everyone.

on 9/30/2011 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have had this brush for almost 3 years, and I still love it as much as I did when I first used it!
I use it to dust on translucent powder after applying my foundation (have used to apply powder over liquid foundation, and mineral powder foundation). It applies powder so evenly, and it doesn't make me look "cakey". I have very sensitive skin, and most brushes leave my skin itchy and burning, with purple and red areas. But so far, I have not had a problem with the EcoTools brushes! It's so soft, it feels amazing when applying powder.
I wouldn't recommend this brush for applying mineral powder/ powder foundation, as it is very soft and fluffy. You may lose a lot of product, as this brush is best for dusting on a finishing powder. :)
This brush was also very cheap, considering how long I've had it for. (Purchased for around $16.95AUD? Maybe a little more, can't remember as it was so long ago :P)
I kept the packaging that the brush came in, and I use it to keep my brush clean/ safe when traveling. The cute little zip-lock pouch helps to keep the brushes shape, and protects it when compared to just throwing it straight in my makeup bag when I travel. When I'm at home, I keep my brushes in a glass on my dressing table, but the packaging is very handy to hold on to!
I would definitely buy this brush again, though I don't think I will need to any time soon. As I said, I've had it for so long, and it is still going strong!
I would definitely recommend EcoTools for anyone with sensitive/ problem skin. :)

on 9/2/2011 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Eh, there is nothing wrong with this brush. But it's not a staple, for me. It does nothing that can't be accomplished by the (awesome and mightly and definitely a staple) bamboo bronzer brush, also by Ecotools. As with all Ecotools brushes, this is well made, sturdy, reliable, easy to wash. Not as dense as the bamboo bronzer brush, but still a good brush and a steal at under 10 bucks. If you need a brush to lightly dust powder, this would do the job.

Popular Makeup Brushes