November 27, 2014 | 1443 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Powder Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by SockDrawerDemon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love Ecotools, never had a bad brush from them. This is really great for putting a light covering of powder, to matify your face or set your foundation without getting cakey. Easy to clean, nice and soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this brush. It works as nicely as much more expensive powder brushes I've had in the past. I can't give it a five because it loses some of it's softness as it gets washed, but otherwise it works very well. I like the packaging, I love that it is cruelty-free and also ecologically responsible. I might just repurchase a new one when this one gets too stiff.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by RiceBom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I didn't think I needed a powder brush until I bought this to be honest. I used to use spare blush brushes but finally just gave in and bought this darn brush and I'm really glad I did.
Pros:
-extremely soft
-quite affordable at around $12 CDN
-washed it many times now, hasn't shed or bled ink once
Cons:
-I'm honestly being picky here but the 'reusable' packaging really isn't that reusable.

I usually use this with my physicians formula talc free mineral wear powder to set my foundation and it does a great job.It gives a nice light dusting of powder to set makeup and never scratches or irritates my sensitive combination skin. However, I would NOT reccommend this for mineral makeup however as it's not dense enough to buff mineral foundation in. All in all, it's great at what it's advertised to do and I would highly reccommend it to anyone and everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by ShayyRawrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had this brush for almost 3 years, and I still love it as much as I did when I first used it!
I use it to dust on translucent powder after applying my foundation (have used to apply powder over liquid foundation, and mineral powder foundation). It applies powder so evenly, and it doesn't make me look "cakey". I have very sensitive skin, and most brushes leave my skin itchy and burning, with purple and red areas. But so far, I have not had a problem with the EcoTools brushes! It's so soft, it feels amazing when applying powder.
I wouldn't recommend this brush for applying mineral powder/ powder foundation, as it is very soft and fluffy. You may lose a lot of product, as this brush is best for dusting on a finishing powder. :)
This brush was also very cheap, considering how long I've had it for. (Purchased for around $16.95AUD? Maybe a little more, can't remember as it was so long ago :P)
I kept the packaging that the brush came in, and I use it to keep my brush clean/ safe when traveling. The cute little zip-lock pouch helps to keep the brushes shape, and protects it when compared to just throwing it straight in my makeup bag when I travel. When I'm at home, I keep my brushes in a glass on my dressing table, but the packaging is very handy to hold on to!
I would definitely buy this brush again, though I don't think I will need to any time soon. As I said, I've had it for so long, and it is still going strong!
I would definitely recommend EcoTools for anyone with sensitive/ problem skin. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Eh, there is nothing wrong with this brush. But it's not a staple, for me. It does nothing that can't be accomplished by the (awesome and mightly and definitely a staple) bamboo bronzer brush, also by Ecotools. As with all Ecotools brushes, this is well made, sturdy, reliable, easy to wash. Not as dense as the bamboo bronzer brush, but still a good brush and a steal at under 10 bucks. If you need a brush to lightly dust powder, this would do the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by MistyRiver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This brush is wonderful! I don't have a lot of money to spend on really high end expensive cosmetic tools and I bought this on a whim because my last powder brush sucked. My old brush had the hair falling out, was rough on my skin, and the handle came off. But this brush far exceeded my expectations for a drugstore tool.

This brush is soooo soft and silky on my skin. When I took it out of the package, I couldn't stop "petting" it. I have had this brush for over a year now and it still looks and feels as great as when I first bought it. I clean it every week and it keeps it's shape perfectly. I use it everyday for my pressed mineral powder and it works like a kabuki brush that it goes on evenly and quick.

The packaging is the best part. I really like how it's made from recycled material. Go green! The handle does not come off and the synthetic hair does not fall out! For a drugstore brand it is so hard to find a cosmetic tool that the hair doesn't come out and stick to your face. I have also bought other Ecotools and they are just as great.

You can buy this at any drugstore for under $10 and it will last you so long. Buy this! You won't regret it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by alove15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually returned this product. It was too floppy and fluffy to apply my mineralize skinfinish natural as setting powder. Instead of placing powder on it just brushed it away. The only way to get the coverage I wanted was to pat it on then lightly sweep. It is great quality like the other ecotools brushes. However it was to large to apply and buff out my powder. I think its nice for sweeping of excess makeup or applying bronzer or powder to the chest area. For powder I think the ecotools bronzer brush is a better alternative.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by steph_mark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this brush. It's wonderful for applying loose and pressed powder. It's the perfect size and density. I will definitely re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

the powder brush is used for my hd powder or when i want a more natural look with my finishing powder in fit me maybelline. Goes sofly on the application,last long,can be clean often,dry fast...love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This brush gives sheer coverage since the bristles are not as dense in my opinion. It doesn't pick up pressed powders too well so I like using it for loose since it's easy to tap off the excess. The bristles are soft and not scratchy against my skin.