Ecotools Powder Brush

4.5

Brushhhhh :]

Very soft and dense bristles. I like the size of this brush and it is easy to wash and maintain.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Like most of Ecotools' brushes this is great quality for the price. It's sturdily made, and the bristles are soft. I've had mine for over a year and it hasn't shed or started splaying yet. It's a bit too floppy for anything more than a light dusting of finishing/glow powder, and that's what I use it for. Doesn't take forever to dry. Definitely worth being in anyone's beauty arsenal.

I loooove this brush to apply my Rimmel stay matte powder ! It works great !

I bought this brush to replace the really crappy brushes that come with the Bare Minerals kits.

So far, it works pretty well, if not better, in picking up the powder and depositing it on my face. I seem to have to use more with this brush, but unlike the BE brushes, this doesn't "shed" all over my face. It looked like I had wiped my face with a horse's tail the last time I used the BE brushes. It was AWFUL.

I'm still on the search for a really GOOD replacement, but this works just fine in the mean time.

It even washes pretty well. I noticed when I was wetting it that it retains a LOT of powder in the center of the brush base. I guess if you spread it out more than I do, you might get better coverage. But, once soaped up, it also retains the soap in the center of the brush-- make sure you thoroughly rinse.

It dries REALLY quickly. I could have used it after about 20 minutes, letting it air dry. By the time I got the other 4 brushes I was washing, I noticed that it was almost dry after a quick towel rub. I put my blow dryer on it (on cold) for a little bit and then let it air-dry on a towel.

I rate the packaging a 3 because it is difficult to get out of the package without breaking/bending bristles.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love Ecotools brushes, and this is no exception. The bristles are super soft, and don't irritate my sensitive skin. This applies powder, blush, or bronzer evenly onto my skin. This brush was also really affordable.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Before purchasing this brush, I had the retractable kabuki. I noticed the bristles weren't as dense as the kabuki. And because the brush was encased in a small ziploc-like package (note the picture) for some time, it made the brush flat. I was hoping it would maybe poof up as a nice fluffy brush overnight, but it did not. As a result, this brush failed to pick up my loose powders (considering its strangely flat shape, I didn't bother trying it on compact powder). It does make a perfect brush for light blush application; that's basically it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

How soft is this brush! I actually enjoy using this to set my foundation with powder. I've only used it with MAC pressed powders but it picks up product amazingly and distributes it evenly. It was a tough decision between this and Quo when I went to Shoppers. So glad I picked this! PS. I love the clothy, reusable packaging it comes in. Definitely makes it easy to travel with instead of sweeping up dirt from my makeup bag.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really love Ecotools, never had a bad brush from them. This is really great for putting a light covering of powder, to matify your face or set your foundation without getting cakey. Easy to clean, nice and soft.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this brush. It works as nicely as much more expensive powder brushes I've had in the past. I can't give it a five because it loses some of it's softness as it gets washed, but otherwise it works very well. I like the packaging, I love that it is cruelty-free and also ecologically responsible. I might just repurchase a new one when this one gets too stiff.

I didn't think I needed a powder brush until I bought this to be honest. I used to use spare blush brushes but finally just gave in and bought this darn brush and I'm really glad I did.
Pros:
-extremely soft
-quite affordable at around $12 CDN
-washed it many times now, hasn't shed or bled ink once
Cons:
-I'm honestly being picky here but the 'reusable' packaging really isn't that reusable.

I usually use this with my physicians formula talc free mineral wear powder to set my foundation and it does a great job.It gives a nice light dusting of powder to set makeup and never scratches or irritates my sensitive combination skin. However, I would NOT reccommend this for mineral makeup however as it's not dense enough to buff mineral foundation in. All in all, it's great at what it's advertised to do and I would highly reccommend it to anyone and everyone.

Popular Makeup Brushes