October 21, 2014 | 1594 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This takes 10 years of my face... OK, maybe not in direct sunlight ;) Great product, but ridiculously overpriced. Like many others, I have discovered cheaper alternatives, ex. pure silica powder form Coastal Scents.

5 lippies for performance, 1 for price, giving an average of 3 lippies.

I won't repurchase, why pay more if you can get it cheaper? There's no magic to this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by beautyfix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this but the flashback problem in photos is horrible then I heard of Eshiko Ultra HD powder which I prefer, it's similar but much much finer, gives much more radiance with no flashback problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by emilyhannelx3

Come on this stuff is fabulous. I have the mini version to carry around in my makeup bag, and the big one on my vanity as my go-to for finishing a look. I see such a difference in my skin after I apply this. It's my final step, and I apply it with a light hand, and a soft, fluffy brush. My skin really does look and stay flawless all day. I have oily skin, and it mattifies me as well. If I see some shine throughout the day, I sweep some on and am saved! One of my favorite products, and you don't have to use alot at all, so it will last a very long time. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

Keeps my skin matte!! Compared to my old favourite B.E. mineral veil, this is much more mattifying, BUT there is a risk of looking "dead" if you put on too much! Cornstarch also does minimize pores a little, silica does not refine the surface in that way at all.... It ONLY takes away shine. I have acne skin with enlarged pores almost everywhere, so right now I mix this with the mineral veil on some areas.

Silica can also be very drying, and I didn't thought I could wear it at all. When I put it on in the morning the skin can feel a little tight, so you have to moisturize a lot before...

The powder is white as milk, but it works on my NC 15 skin.... But I guess you'll have to try it before you buy it, if you have darker skin...cause it is a little "white"...

But overall I like it, even if i'd wish that it would minimize pores a little more.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Works really well! Especially on my clients when there taking photos! But for regular use there are better options. I personaly use lancomes saphire complex translucent powder instead because it works amazing! And plus your just paying for the brand on this powder. Try the 6 dollar one from elf it does the exact same thing.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by graceyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a teenage girl with oily/acne prone skin. I was really excited to try this out hoping that it would control oil and not make me look powdery. WRONG. this product made me look sooo powdery, and i only used a little bit. I would lightly sweep it on my face with a large allover powder brush, and it would like flawless. but 5 minutes later i looked pale and powdery. i cant say much for oil control, but this didn't break me out. Silicone never breaks me out, and this is pure silica, but you might want to steer clear of this if you've had problems with 'cones in the past.
p.s. the packaging is so difficult! i understand that its loose powder but still. definitely not worth the price. buy the travel size one at sephora BEFORE you buy the full size.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by lmad5989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked the lightness of this product. I felt like when I used the powder, it helped even out my skin tone and covered flaws very well. Using it with a kabuki brush helps widen the coverage. It gives you that glow that you don't get if you don't put something over your foundation. I've been using it for about a year now and have no complaints.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by TubbyPuppy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder; it sets my makeup beautifully and keeps my T-zone shine free for hours. It is a finely milled powder and goes on easily, but it will initially make you look like a ghost. I just use another larger brush and really work the powder into my skin.....that gets rid of the white color and seems to really set my foundation. Overall, I am pleased with the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by sksouthwick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this to set my under eye concealer every day. Nothing budges under this powder, not liquid, not cream--nothing. I can, take a nap, run a mile, and know that my makeup has stayed where I put it as long as I've used this powder over it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by tst0204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only reason why I haven't thrown this product out is because I spent so much $$$ on it. Like others have mentioned, it leaves a white cast. A little definitely goes a long way, but there is no way I can apply it lighter than I have been. Maybe I'll use it a dry shampoo, as some people mentioned. For a matted powder, I think I'm going to try MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish.