Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 3/20/2015 3:17:00 PM

This is a silicon based foundation by Makeup Forever. I bought it because I have pale skin with rosy undertones and I have a hell of time finding a foundation that won't turn orange. This is the first foundation I've found that matched my face and my neck. Shade 115. It is a foundation that I wear for special occasions with photographs and for days when I feel I need more coverage. A pea-sized amount and a foundation brush are all I need to get good buildable coverage. I dab the brush in the product and apply in a stippling motion around my face until I get the desired effect, then buff with a kabuki brush to blend. The result looks fairly natural and skin-like when I apply this way. I put a light powder over top to set and I get 8 or more hours out of it this way. I remove with cold cream or MAC cleanse-off oil and a warm washcloth. I haven't had any trouble with breakouts removing the foundation this way. Also, this foundation is scent-free, and as I said, a little goes a long way. Highly recommended.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have been through 2 bottles of this over the past couple years and overall its a good foundation with a really flawless and nice finish, you just NEED to have perfect skin for it. It looks bad over acne and skin thats too dry or oily. At one point I thought my $3 wet n wild foundation was more flattering on my now problematic skin and thats kinda pathetic.

on 3/15/2015 1:11:00 PM

Having a face that leans slightly pinker in and undertones and a body that's slightly yellow I have difficulty finding a good foundation match. When I was matched with 110 and didn't look 2 toned I was ecstatic and wanted it to work out so so badly.

Pros:
Covered redness
light weight
didn't cling to dry patches
looks great in photos

Cons:
Didn't cover acne or dark circles
After a few hours made me very shiny
Broke me
Expensive

on 3/14/2015 11:04:00 AM

Definitely one of my HG foundation for photo shoot or whenever I need more coverage for a long day. I have a normal to dry skin, and my foundation shade equal to MAC NC 20. I use the shade N 115 in this MUFE line and the finishing look is not matte nor dewy, but gives you that kind of natural face where everything is so blended, even and perfect. Goes for more than 12 hours in my face with a little powder on top of my T zone area, it can look a bit cracked or patchy around the nostrils after 15 hours or so. Yes I literally wear this from 4.30 AM, got on plane, did a day tour until 9 PM at night, and I noticed the "crack" around my nose, but that's all, my skin still looks even nonetheless. So definitely worth it IMHO

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this product so damn much. It wore fantastic on my dry skin, smoothing it out. The finish itself was so soft and it just made my skin feel so nice. However, after a day out, it turned my usual dry skin in to an oil slick. This was extremely unusual for a dry skinned gal and it felt horrible.

on 3/7/2015 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Make sure you get a professional to help you with the shades. The numbering and names make you go crazy but this is indeed one of the best foundations in the market. It looks natural and it looks great in the pictures. The best feature is that it stays on my very oily skin for a long time. I am a foundation junkie. In comparison with Estée Lauder Doublewear and MAC Prolongwear, this looks much nicer in the pictures and stays much longer. Highly recommended but again, let a makeup artist help you with the shade.

on 3/4/2015 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is good for dry skin! I have dryskin and I like it.I just DO NOT set it with a powder or else ill get dry patches since it drys to a powdery finish! it lasts for hrs. its really light weight good medium to full coverage buildable!

on 3/4/2015 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I LOVE this foundation! It's my go-to. I have dry skin and it goes on so well, it doesn't leave any dry patches at all. I find it moisturizing and it looks really natural. This is my second purchase of the same foundation and I'll keep using it until and if I find something better.

on 3/2/2015 9:39:00 PM

My review is biased, out of all of these shades, not one really suits my skin... otherwise I think this is a fine foundation and I appreciate that they have made so many shades for such a wide range of tones, but I have tried over and over and none of them suit me completely. I do think this formula is worth a shot though.

on 2/23/2015 11:41:00 PM

HG foundation. I can't find anything I like better than this and trust me I've tried the majority of the raved foundations in the market. I'd say this foundation is more medium-full coverage but it's very easy to work with and blend. The price is a little hefty but a little goes a long way, and one pump is easily enough for my entire face. This has the perfect finish that lasts all day and it's not too dewy or matte and it covers all my blemishes. I'll repurchase this over and over and over again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials