BeneFit Cosmetics Erase Paste in Fair

3.6

on 9/18/2012 10:24:00 AM

I am completely on the fence about this product.

For starters, you MUST use a primer underneath to get any sort of coverage with this. I was in a hurry this morning and figured I'd just go the concealer and blush route (no primer, no foundation) and I ended up spending more time on my makeup because without primer, this stuff is a cakey disaster. No coverage, crepey feel, impossible to blend, just overall junk.

However, with primer, this stuff is amazing. The salmon undertones conceal undereye blue/purple tones amazingly, it blends well and has great coverage. For girls with yellow undertones, this may not be your best bet.

I hate the container. I don't know why I went with a pot concealer.

Overall, I can't say I'm in love with it, but for the days when I have time to prime undereyes, it's great. Don't think I'll buy again, for the price I expected a lot better.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

originally when i bought this, i absolutely HATED it. i found it sticky, cakey, orange and overall ididnt get on with it. now ive worked out a slightly ebtter way to use it, its not my holy grail concealer.
firstly, you need a good primer. and ive learnt hte tip with this is to apply with clean fingers under the eeye and blend with your fingers, otherwise a brush applies too mich and itcakse up in seconds. this still will cake up on me, just not as much. i got this in medium which is a bit too organge,btu i can make it work by applying a light concealer before, it doesnt last to long, and does crease by the end of the day. i wouldnt say its reallt worth the money, im glad i didnt pay full price and got a small version instead.

I dont hate it as much as i did before, but if i do ever use it up i probably wont repurchase.

on 8/29/2012 1:50:00 AM

I just received this at sephore when I was looking for a good concealer to cover my under eye circles. This is not it. It brightens like it says and it looks good, however it is far too thick and it doesn't dry. Still feels pretty damp under my eyes after a few hours and it doesn't last long. Booo. Back to drugstrore brands.

on 8/14/2012 11:31:00 PM

Cute packaging AND a good product to match it is always nice. My only complaint is that I tried to use this on the rest of my face (as opposed to just my eyes) and though the coverage is great, it was a little too bright...but that is after all one of the selling points; it's a brightening concealer. Overall, great formula and texture in a cute little pot. I wouldn't say no to seconds.

on 8/13/2012 1:52:00 AM

Love this concealer!! I'm very pink toned unlike many.. And this is a salmon-y color so it matches my skin perfectly. Most brands think that everyone in this world is yellow and warm undertoned. Love the creamy consistency of this. Would recommend to all pink ladies like myself.

on 7/31/2012 3:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm always looking for something to cover my dark circles (and boy are they no joke). I typically use Dark Circle Defense or the creaseless concealer from Tarte, but had read reviews that this product was similar to Bobbi Brown corrector (the holy grail of undereye circle fixes), and thought I would try it.

In general, it's not bad. It's the right color for coloring blue or purple tinged circles, but the consistency isn't as nice as I was hoping. It isn't as creamy as you'd expect for a corrector, and blends out kind of weird, although it does get the job done, and after you work with it a while, it will look fine on the skin.

Overall, it's fine, but I wouldn't recommend it simply because the price point is so high for what you are getting. There are better concealers on the market for less money.

on 7/15/2012 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product felt greasy on my skin and made my face look ghastly in pictures. Will not be repurchasing this ever. 👎

on 7/8/2012 3:44:00 PM

This settles in fine lines and creases. Also it is too thick (at least the description is correct, it is indeed a paste!) and even the fair shade is not light enough for me. I like my concealer to blend in. This felt like it sat on top of my skin and it was very obvious I was wearing makeup--it looked very heavy. The only thing I liked about it was the creamy feel going on but the formula is too thick.

on 6/27/2012 12:33:00 AM

Well, the title wasn't lying. It's a paste all right. However, this is the thickest concealer I've ever tried. When I bought this out of recommendation and first opened the pot, it was super thick. It does have amazing coverage, I will say that much. The shade "fair" was not fair at all- it was much darker than fair. It also dries very quickly on your skin, so it wrinkles up and is hard to blend once it's there. You're outta luck if that happens. Plus, after about two weeks, it looks like it's on the brink of drying up in its pot. Pretty sad for a product for around $30. It also has red undertones, so if you're a warm-skinned person like me, it won't work. I've seen this praised by YouTube gurus, but it's just not something that works.

on 6/26/2012 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was my first "high end" concealer. I may be a bit biased. Nonetheless, I love this product.
I have fair skin with pink undertones. My undereyes are discoloured and at times my eyeshadow/eyeliner excentuate this problem. I was initially using the double ended physicians formula concealer. But, it did ABSOLUTEY nothing for my discolouration. Finally, I went to my local Shopper's Drug Mart and the beautician told me to buy the erase paste, in fair.
I LOVE IT. The concealer is so creamy and glides on as smooth as silk. You have to use it extremely sparingly or it will crease. It completely covers my dark circles and it lasts all day/night long (when used with UDPP). Sometime, I wear it daily all over my lids. I tap a little product the lids and the inner corner than blend it out with a brush. It gives my eyes a flawless, illuminated, finish. It is perfect for a "you are wearing absolutely no makeup" type of look. I simply finish it off with my mascara of the moment! I also use it to brighten any shadow areas on my face.
I give the Erase Paste 4 Lippies B/C of the price. It is a bit expensive, especially on a student budget. I also give the packaging quality a 4/5 because the dipping from the pot situation is a bit awkward & unhygenic. I was also DUMB a threw away the scoop. So I usually scoop it out with the end of a clean brush. Finally, I would buy this product again because It works so well for ME.
Thus, 4 Lippies! I reccomend it to anyone with oily skin and dark circles.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products