October 20, 2014 | 1014 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Elements Microdermabrasion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think I'd categorize this as "microdermabrasion." My idea and experience with microdermabrasion is that it is very tiny particles. This was certainly an exfoliant, but the particles aren't paritularly small. This would be a great exfoliant for those who want something less harsh than microdermabrasion and more effective than exfoliators made for sensitive skin. This is a thick gel with exfoliating particles in it. It really just isn't effective for me. I think I need finer particles. I like the Mary Kay one and want to try the Avon one soon. I won't repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by natawee

Love this face scrub! It's not easy to find where I live so when I see it, I buy several tubes at once. I use it everyday. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 7:30:00 AM More reviews by stillgorgeousdead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this. It works so well. I use it at night right after i take my make up off just to make sure it is all off. It's very gentle good for everyday use for my skin at least. Nice texture. Smell isnt to strong and smells good. Washes off very clean [no left over residue]. There a bunch of the crystal things in it which is a plus and they arent to big and scrap your face off kinda of crystals. They're tiny and gentle. Leaves my skin super soft after using it. I'd defiantly re purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by DarkElf85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this scrub. It's made up of very fine crystals that do an excellent job of exfoliating dead skin cells. It's very gentle on the skin but effective at lifting away dead skin cells. The first time i had used it , my nose was about a couple shades darker than the rest of my face, but I had just attributed it to living in a tropical environment. However, after the first use, to my surprise, my nose became the same shade as the rest of my face. The microbeads had easily lifted away what I now realised was dead skin cells to reveal smooth beautiful skin. My entire face felt baby smooth afterwards. I would even say that this scrub is better than St. Ives' Apricot Scrub. And better yet, a small amount goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by zem137

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this scrub. I switched from Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream to this to save money, and it definitely works just as well. The particles are small, and my skin feels really smooth after using it. It isn't too harsh for my sensitive, acne prone skin, and doesn't leave pore clogging residue. Overall a great, inexpensive, effective product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by daisycutter311

I love this stuff! Its great if you have acne scars. after using this I have been leaving the house with less face makeup on. Always a plus in my book! smells nice too! I like the fact that the crystals are very small. I feel this product is effective. worth the try!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by obssd4s4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a microdermabrasion product I definitely expected more. I felt that by the time I applied this to my face, it had melted down and had to use an exfoliating sponge in order to get any type of exfoliation. I also wasn't too fond of the perfumey scent. I would rather spend my money on Olay's Mini Peel because I get better results using that a couple times a week than I did using this everyday. I have combo acne-prone sensitive skin and did not have any reaction to this product but feel I need something stronger.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by hllm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very effective scrub. Smells great, a light fresh scent, and lasts a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by sybelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice, effective drugstore scrub that isn't too harsh. It's always been kind to my sensitive skin when used once a week in the shower, but isn't like other gentle scrubs that basically don't do anything because the beads are too large and round. The grit in this is very fine, but not too rough - it's almost the same texture as a baking soda scrub. I would definitely rebuy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by zeezeezee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I look forward to using this in the shower every other day. It's gritty and you really feel it removing the tiniest layer of skin off the top, but the particles are so fine that it doesn't feel like you could ever really overdo it. The smell is gorgeous and refreshing, and the packaging is nice and elegant. After I use this, I have a lovely, rosy glow. It has become one of my staples.