April 19, 2014 | 1597 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Highlighting Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Betty24

I used to use a Kabuki brush to apply my mineral foundation and I've since replaced with this fantastic brush. It is soft and gives good, even application. I've only had this brush for a month but for now it hasn't shed at all. I will update this if it begins to shed.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had to have this brush due to all the rave reviews. I live in Canada so it wasn't all that easy to come by.

I own 3 skunk brushes, I have the MAC 187 , a Lumiere one and the SK.

Honestly the MAC 187 is by far the softest. The handle is just the right weight, it feels perfect in your hand. The bristles do not poke your face when you stipple on foundation. However it's got a hefty price tag.

The SK is very similar, the handle feels like it's hollow, the length of the brushes is identical to the MAC,looking at the bristles side by side, they both look almost identical. Even brushing it side to side against your wrist, they feel almost identical. Where the difference is is in the feel of the bristles when you use the flat top. The MAC is way softer.

For 1/4th of the price, I would go with the SK, if I had 55 bucks to blow, go for the luxurious feeling of the MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by jspnx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Previously used for blush, but it's a little big for that; then I tried swirling BB cream on my face with it, and it's amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by saiyuri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i don't hate it but i don't like it either. also it sheds

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by SimplyManda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this brush- definitely HG material. It's soft and is perfect for light blush/powder application. Definitely a multitasker. It's also good quality- I've had mine for over a year now and it doesn't show any wear. If/when it dies, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by roaker

I really love this brush for applying foundation. I was thinking about trying the mac 187, but alot of reviews say this does the same thing. Wow if it was not for MUA, i would have never even found out about applying makeup with a stippling brush. When i read alot of reviews about applying colorstay foundation. Alot of the reviews said to use a stippling brush. I am 38 years old and never even heard of this method. I do not really go to makeup counters that much. Mostly drugstore. I am so glad a learned this way of applying foundation. This brush works great at that. I just stipple than swirl it. Really cool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 8:55:00 AM More reviews by behappy08

This is an absolute favorite brush. I only use this brush to apply my blush. It gives me the best application. I love how my blush looks, it gives an airbrushed effect, well blended and perfect. The brush is well made, soft and keeps its shape after washing. Excellent brush. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by lilyofavalon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

An incredibly versatile brush that gives you a ridiculous amount of control over application.

When it comes to pigmented blushes, cream or powder, this makes it easy to control the intensity, sweep by sweep. When it comes to foundations, liquid and cream, you still have that same control, even with the most pigmented formulas. You just stipple lightly across your whole face and blend.

The bristles are very soft and recover their shape and softness when washed, so it's easy to maintain this brush. I'm also very lucky to have an abundance of these available in my area! :)

If you're wondering what all the fuss is about this type of brush, definitely try this one! It's a mere $12 and an AMAZING money value.

Update: I've had this brush for over a year, and have washed it pretty regularly. It's aged wonderfully - the bristles are still shapely and springy, and the performance is stellar as always. If you're buying brushes with an eye to long-term performance, this holds up! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by hellooitsrachel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this brush ! It is soooo soft, and hardly shed during its first washing. I tried stippling foundation on my face cause I thought it would be better on my skin instead of just slathering it on w/ a foundation brush, (I have oily skin+freckles) it looked okay, but i just dont think foundation is for me :( but I use it for powder, and its amazing! I dont rly use blush, but I can guess that it would be good for highly pigmented blushes. I dont have the MAC 187 or 188, but for $13 compared to $42, this is a must have!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by KillersandLiars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this brush for foundation. Since I'm a PPP I find it a little too dense for blush application (even though it works great for highlighting.) All in all, I adore this with liquid and cream foundations. The bristles aren't as soft as my 187 (which I prefer for blush), so it's easier to actually stipple then blend with this brush. It really is a very close dupe to the 187, but I would say the main difference is the stiffness of the hairs.