Sally Hansen Inspired By Carmindy Natural Beauty Your Skin Makeup ] [DISCONTINUED]

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Pentylene Glycol, Trimethysilosilicate, Butylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Glyceryl Ethylhexanoate/Stearate/Adipate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methicone, Disodium EDTA, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polysorbate 80, Retinyl Palmitate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Xylitol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Edtract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I bought this foundation because it had had a wide array of shades and I needed something cheaper for use on a daily basis. It blends smoothly into my skin. It has medium coverage and is buildable. It has a creamy texture, not too thick and not runny. No weird foundation smell. I have combination skin and it has not broke me out. I set with a powder and I get pretty good, flawless coverage. For reference in MAC I'm around NC42-44 and I purchased Mocha. Looks like they are discontinuing the darker shades though. I picked up a 2nd bottle at CVS yesterday for 75% off. On the website, they don't have the darker shades listed anymore.

on 12/13/2010 3:46:00 PM

It seemed like there were a lot of things to like about this foundation: good amount of color choices, applies very smoothly, easy to blend, "natural" ingredients. But for me, this just didn't work. I'm 99% sure this broke me out, and I very rarely get breakouts. Also, couldn't find a color match. The price is pretty high for drugstore makeup, too. Just not worth it for me.

Broke me out :(
I REALLY liked it, too! It gave me decent coverage and looked nice on my skin, but I've been getting ugly pimples and I came to the conclusion that it is because of this foundation. It's the only new thing I've added to my routine, and I had pretty clear skin before I started using this. I have struggled with acne since I was 14 so anything that jeopardizes my skin is a no go. Bummer.

on 11/26/2010 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Best feature: Actually comes in a very pale shade (still a smidgeon too dark and too pink for me, but compared to any other foundation anywhere it's the best match I've found --- ladies, please please please pm me if you know of a foundation lighter than the lightest shade of this foundation)

Good features: Pump bottle (vs. Revlon colorstay's really annoying open mouth glass bottle), texture is pretty natural even before applying a setting powder except slightly shiny, and absolutely does not break me out. No color transfer.

Bad features: Too dry for my skin. The coverage is pretty light IMO because it evens out the skintone but does not cover any redness or spots or pimples or anything at all. I have very annoying skin that often shows a lot of generalized redness and lately hormonal breakouts have given me very long lasting dark spots as pimples heal (I'm talking months). I don't mind applying a concealer to spots, but the generalized redness/unevenness needs more coverage. I'm able to really sponge on a little extra coverage, but I often have to put on another foundation for more coverage. It also has very very little staying power; after several hours I definitely need another application (I don't do it because I can't, but my reflection scares me lol).

Verdict: Despite all the drawbacks I still use it just about every day because of the superior color match. However, if I found another foundation in a shade this pale or paler, I'd stop using it. There isn't really a great reason to use this unless you have pretty good skin that isn't too dry (or are a pale vampire! Rawr!)

on 11/18/2010 3:44:00 PM

After searching for an alternative to the expensive but wonderful Makeup Forever HD foundation on the boards here at MUA, I purchased a bottle of this in Ecru Beige per the recommendation of a few users. I must say, I really like this foundation. It provides a great coverage but is not cakey. The Ecru Beige is absolutely perfect for my skin tone and this foundation thankfully stays put and doesn't create an oil slick on my face by the end of the day. This is a great alternative to the HD foundation and I hope it's never, ever discontinued!

on 11/6/2010 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The lightest shade is much lighter than Revlon CS in Ivory, which is a great thing for me. I'm around NW10 & this works great on me. Nice consistency & no breakouts even if I go to bed wearing it (bad girl!). This has become my daily makeup, but for daily wear I sheer it out a bit w/moisturizer

on 10/27/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product was amazing for me! I have tried numerous brands to try and find a match to my skin shade and that would not make my sensitive skin breakout. This is the first foundation that kept my skin looking soft but not greasy or too done all day. As well I am a soccer player and run alot and I found that this makeup did not clog my pores or smear on my face after a workout. I AM going to buy this product again!

on 10/23/2010 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this pretty consistently for a little over a month as the weather has been transitioning. I am normally a mineral makeup user, but decided to give this a try when it was half price at Ulta. I was really surprised that I found a perfect match in Ecru beige, as most foundations usually run too pink on my skin. The pump bottle is also a huge bonus. The coverage, as most have mentioned, is light-medium, and to me, it feels very much like a tinted moisturizer. I usually apply one pump of this with a damp sponge, and it wears pretty well on my skin throughout the day. However, it has disappeared on me on warmer days (It's October, but there have still been days here where it's 83 degrees, go figure), so I don't think this will hold up in the summer without primer or powder. Also, I'm not sure it hasn't broken me out a bit, as it has some silicones in it. That wouldn't stop me from buying this again though, as the match and the non-drying finish more than make up for it.

on 9/30/2010 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I've had this foundation for a few weeks, and so far I love it.
It provides great coverage (medium to high) and doesn't look
weird or cakey. Some people have complained about a heavy feeling, but that doesn't bug me. A little goes a long way, and it makes my
skin look and feel really nice. I agree with everyone else, in that
it is tricky to find a match, but if you can, give it a try.

on 9/29/2010 12:26:00 PM

Makeup that doesn't look made-up. Looks really natural on my medium-toned skin.