December 21, 2014 | 1916 users online

Hair Treatments - Moroccanoil - Morrocan Oil Treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by kittje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i put the leave in treatment on my hair and it WILL NOT DRY. I washed my hair at 6, my hair normally air dries in 2-3 hours. it's now 12am and my hair is still half wet. my hair is suffocating in silicone! i used the TINIEST AMOUNT and my hair literally will not breathe or dry. this is awful. i can feel a slimy film on my normally super resistant hair. ugh dermorganic oil >>>>>> this overpriced crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by shannsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This treatment gives my curls a lovely sheen and, while I've never had problems with flyaways or frizz, I do think the oil refines my curls. I apply one pump to my permed, wavy hair when it's half dry. (I do find that it helps my hair dry faster.) I follow with cream/gel/styling products when my hair is almost fully dry. This is my preferred method of use, though I occasionally mix the oil into styling products when I'm in a rush.

My hair is fine, but this oil doesn't weigh my hair down. I might explore the "Light" version whenever my bottle runs out, but until then I'm quite happy.

I keep this product away from my roots. (Actually, as with conditioner, I only apply it to the permed part of my hair, essentially from my ears down.) I'd be worried it might clog my pores or cause breakouts.

This product does contain silicones! I do think my hair is slightly less shiny and refined when I skip this product, but I try to give my hair a break whenever possible, as healthy hair = beautiful hair, IMHO. Besides, the Moroccanoil feels twice as effective after a day or two of not having used it.

The fragrance is incredible: gorgeous, luxurious, and seductive. The scent's what sold me, but I'll happily repurchase this product for its effectiveness.

I've had the bottle for half a year and it's halfway finished (at one pump a day, ~5 times a week). Good value in my book!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Aleppanen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this oil with the Moroccan oil travel kit. I have long, fine hair. I used it couple of times on my damp hair and did not really see any difference so stopped using it. But lately my hair has gotten more frizzy and dry especially after I've had an updo so I tried it last night on my dry firzzy hair. I must say I loved it! A few drops and it immediately made my hair less frizzy and tameable yet not greasy. And this morning when I woke up my locks looked much better and smooth maybe even shinier.
I will proably continue using this in the evening to smooth and protect my dry hair. As I got this part of the travel kit, I am still using the original oil treatment although someone commented that people with fine hair should use the light version.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by sturka

I found this product years ago & although I use it daily, I am only on my second bottle. A little really does go a long way. It smells divine & I have found it not only useful in taming flyaways & frizzy hair, but after using dry shampoo which tends to make my hair brittle. This tames it right down!

It is quite expensive but I find it cheapest on eBay by a seller named bestofblissteam

Xo

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by LandCam180

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only great thing about the product is it's packaging. You can never go wrong with an amber bottle. Its scent is alright though I am more into florals. Like finding "your perfume," this treatment is just not me.

The only lasting effect this product had on me was months and MONTHS of clogged pores (I rarely wear makeup) caused by the massive amount of silicone in this product.

The Moroccan Oil line is HIGHLY overrated and I would not recommend anything from it to anyone.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by LasVegasTia

Just Ok, not great, definitely doesn't worth the price.
Dozens of cheaper products out there work as same than this.
Macadamia oil is way better in my opinion so is their mask.
I tried the Morocan oil shampoo: just ok, nothing to rave about
Morocan oil conditioner: crap, not detangling at all, very hard to comb tru
Morocan oil deep conditioning treatment mask: pure garbage... total waste of money, I wish I could get my money back, leaves my hair in worst condition even if I condition it after like mentioned on the packaging.
what a desapointment with this whole line. I wont let those last two touch my hair again...

My favorite hair care routine so far:
1/ Carol's daughter Monoi Shampoo
2/ Macadamia oil mask
3/ Healthy Sexy Hair Leave in detangling conditioner spray (on towel dried hair)
4/macadamia oil (on towel dried hair)
5/ Coppola shine spray on fully dry hair

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by gazh27

MoroccanOil - how I love this stuff. To be perfectly honest, when I first tried it I didn't like it at all because I thought it made my hair look dull, limp and greasy. However, over the past few months I've started to really love it. Works like a charm on damp hair, leaving it soft, shiny, great-smelling, and healthy-looking. I should note that I use the Light version because I have thin, fine hair; if you ladies with fine hair are debating which one to get, trust me on this: we need the Light version.

It IS expensive, but one bottle has lasted me for over a year. I don't use it every day - maybe 2-3 times per week - but a little goes a long way with this stuff. My mum uses the regular version, and it really calms her thick, wavy, flyaway-prone hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by katamanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product. Hydrates and doesn't leave an oily residue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just going to add to the wealth of reviews about how amazing this product is..

Most peoples' reservations about using 'hair oil' are along the lines of 'But I'm white with fine hair, it'll weigh me down' or 'Oil in my hair? Won't that make me look like a giant ball of grease?' No, because this stuff is amazing, & besides, I'm one of the most pale-white fine-haired people out there.

Before using this product I wash and towel dry my hair once I'm out of the shower. I empty a 10p (that's between a nickel and a quarter to you Americans) size blob into my palm. I have boob-length hair and this amount works fine - shorter hair should need less and longer hair would need more. I rub my hands together and smooth it down my hair, avoiding the roots and concentrating on my dry ends. I then comb it through with a wide tooth comb and then wrap in a towel for 20-30 minutes to allow the formula to penetrate my hair. After drying my hair feels soft, swishy and smells delicious.

I'd recommend this to anyone with normal to dry hair, especially those with dry ends which need attention - your hair will feel fantastic afterwards. For best results rotate your products every 2-3 months depending on how often you wash your hair - always rotate. When not using Moroccan Oil I use a Bed Head leave-in conditioning spray to keep my coloured hair soft and manageable, although I prefer the oil.I have tried the cheaper Organix version but felt my money was much better spent on the original.

A small bottle cost around 20 from a local hairdresser when I first bought it - it's lasted many months (including rotation time) with much still left and I shall definitely repurchase. Will try the new Light formula in the future but even for my fine hair the original formula is fantastic!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Garbage... I have thick, coarse, color treated hair. I used this in conjunction with their moisture mask. It made my hair worse than what it usually is. I now have a frizzy staticky mop on my head.. I usually use It's a 10 plus keratin shampoo, conditioner, and leave in along with OJON rare oil. That leaves my hair smooth and soft and manageable.

This is a nightmare. The only thing I like about this product is the smell.. And before someone comes along and tells me I used it wrong I didn't. I followed the directions to the letter. Glad I received both products as samples and never spent my money.. I'm gonna stick with my tried and true.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No