April 20, 2014 | 1384 users online

Treatments - Moroccanoil - Morrocan Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by anela07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product - heard great reviews from friends/family so I've been using it for over a year now. It smells fantastic and leaves my hair super soft and shiny if I apply it to damp hair and air-dry. I sometimes apply it to dry hair before straightening, and I find that it really intensifies the look and feel of my hair - and it helps keep its shape (and avoid frizz) for days.
Rather than repurchase (because of the price), I have been using Garnier's Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment, and I find that it is a suitable alternative. I prefer the scent of Moroccanoil, but the results are very similar.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you want to coat your hair with silicone, then go right ahead.

This is not good for your hair and definitely doesnt help.

This isn't a treatment, because it really doesn't treat your hair, and over time will coat your hair with silicone and suffocate your hair.

So skip this overpriced silicone and just simply apply a bit of olive/coconut/almond oil or any other kind of oil on wet hair, after each wash.

for an actual healthy hair mask
Apply tons of Oil and add ALL natural aloe gel and blow dry your hair periodically. simply wash it off with shampoo (rinse and repeat) and condition your ends. Apply a dime size oil at the end (depending on your hair)

THAT is more helpful and will ACTUALLY make your hair nice without always having to use this overpriced crap.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have long hair, very thin and soft but lots of it. Recently my hair started to get split ends and getting dry. This oil helped the problem. It doesn't leave hair greasy at all, I love it and would repurchase if I don't find a cheaper substitute ( I think it's too pricey)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2012 5:05:00 AM More reviews by echenty

I have medium thick hair and I find this is a little too thick for it--it doesn't absorb into my hair properly. Was excited at first but... not sure if I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hairdresser used this on my hair after my previuos haircut. The product was okay. I mean the results didnot make me go gaga over it to make me spend the exorbitant price. FYI, I have bought really expensive products in the past so the price is not big of a deal as long as the product works for me but this was not one of them. It did reduce the frizz mildly but I think there are a lot of products in the market which can perform even better at a lesser price. Sometimes a product works for someone but it doesnt work for someone else. So it kinda depends on everyone's hair. You gotta try it before deciding to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This oil has a nice fragrance and made my somewhat heat damaged hair look glossy healthy and soft again without weighing it down-I have fine hair but the oil (although thick) works like a non greasy serum- lovely (will be updating post in about a month)- I use it after the shower on my long hair- transformed my hair...nice product- cant see it not working- not to be used excessively however as it may make the hair look greasy...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by eribear23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is an absolute staple for me. I cannot wash my hair and not use this. Two pumps for my waist length is all I need. I smooth on from ear level to the ends and allow my hair to air dry a bit before I blow it out. I sometimes use a little of the oil on my arms and chest. It smells sooooo good and moisturizes well. It's my favorite product of all time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by AmazonRises

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for the past 2 years, and it's become an essential part of my hair care routine. I frequently rotate shampoos and conditioners, but Morocannoil is a constant! After age 40, my hair gradually became dryer and coarser, with a tendency to frizz rather than look attractively wavy. This is the only product I have found that will impart a smooth texture to my hair, as well as adding shine. I know it contains silicones, which I am generally against, but I find that using straight argan oil or any other natural oil will weigh my hair down and make it look dirty and oily. By combining the silicones with argan oil, this product works 1000 per cent better than straight argan oil. It is expensive, but a $45.00 full size bottle will last me nearly a year. Love it, what else can I say?

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by mardelmar

Itīs not oil, itīs just pure silicone if you look into the ingredients. The first times you use this product your hair will look healthy and shinny, but then starts to look very dry and is sooo disgusting when you touch it. Thats how silicone products work. It does not improve your hair, because it is not oil at all.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by crazypinkhair

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have medium fine hair and this product works well if i dampen my hair before applying. I find it absorbs into it more. sometimes i heat it in shower and sometimes i use it as a leave in conditioner. The best place to get it is at spadina college hair care store. they have everything there and prices are great!