July 31, 2014 | 1038 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Pressed powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by RMutt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I liked this powder, then a few months later I looked at my face closely after applying. Eeek. It looked too powdery, too pink, and really stuck to my skin even after I desperately tried to wipe it off with a tissue. It also sank into my relatively fine lines, exaggerating them. The color range is also very narrow, I'm an NC15-20 and light is too light, and the next shade down looked too dark to work for me. It also broke into a million bits after minor jostling (I carry it in my purse). Won't buy again. The only plus was the slim, plain compact.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by lalsamiksha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is not the best that i have used. It works well , if its used with Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation, for me at least.
sometimes if you just want to apply the powder without any foundation, it doesn really serve the purpose of making you look lighter and fresh. instead it makes your face look all powdery. To avoid this , i do not use the sponge that came with it, instead i use the big fat powdery brush ,in this way ill be able to dab off the excess powder off my brush.

This powder does give a good coverage, but at the expense of looking all cakey. It however does last for 6-8 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by kmelgoza

this is my go to powder and absolutely love it. i think you know you love it when you buy back ups! great coverage, lasts a very long time and does not transfer or get oily! the packaging is similar to MAC's and i love it! the price is affordable and goes great with the Revlon CS (if you buy it at cvs, you get one get one 1/2 off!) This is my ultimate favorite powder out of any drugstore brand!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by ailasophia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this powder as a setting powder over my Estee Lauder Double Wear. It's important to apply it lightly. The powder alone does not give me enough coverage. I use it over the Double Wear because I don't like the Revlon ColorStay foundation. This powder makes a good setting powder when applied lightly with a big fluffy brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Hopefulash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually love this product, but then again, I like the look of of a matte finish on my skin. I bought this last summer because I was looking for a change from liquid foundation, which just cakes up and slides off in the south Texas heat, which can hover above 100F for days on end and really clogs up my skin and breaks me out, no matter what brand I use.
At first I used the puff that comes with the product. Don't do that, that makes you look like you have a pound and a half of talcum powder on your face. What I do now is I use my Estee Lauder brushes to apply. I use the concealer brush to dab a bunch under my eyes (I have dark dark circles no matter how much rest I get) and then my foundation brush to apply to my entire face. You have to blend really well, as it can cake up on you. But if you use good brushes and blend well, it leaves a soft, flawless finish that lasts quite awhile, even in the most hot and humid environments. And it actually works wonders as a concealer! I hadn't worn makeup in awhile, and I bought a compact for this summer last week and after I applied it the other day I walked into the bathroom and was actually shocked for a minute at how great my face looked! This is my new HG for summer all-over coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by kikihony

if you use the puff that it comes with, you get the worst finish. i use powder brush for this and get the flawless finish that last really long. i have to give 4 stars b/c of this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by crystalxo101

I didn't like this powder at all, i dont know why but it seemed like when i put it on it looked like powder was cake on my face. It wasn't my favorite powder but it FELT light and soft but it just didn't look like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by briii

this powders not horrible, but its not my favorite. i three of these at the same time because i just could not tell which color would work for me. my skin has a pink undertone and all three that i bough have yellow undertones to it. it does make my foundation last pretty long, but it can get really chalky. so i recommend not using the sponge they provide. get a brush, it makes the powder go on so much nicer. like i said though, its not my favorite. i currently do not use it because it just does not do the job for me. it seems like it would be nicer for people with yellow undertones in their skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by bajan5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been using this powder for almost 10 yrs now. It feels very light when when you wear it. Not at all heavy. However, it does not provide great coverage. It doesn't go on very well on top of a foundation too. Perfect to keep for days when you do not want to use a foundation and just go light. It also makes my skin look oily after about 6 hrs or so and needs touch up. But what I love about this product is that it NEVER breaks me out. There have been times I have used the product with constant touch up for almost 16 hrs. Stays true to what it claims - totally non-comedogenic! Highly recommended for oily skin that is acne prone. Must try.

- lasts long. Daily usage once lasts for almost 6 months.
- applies better with a powder brush. The sponge is no good.
- expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by HotPinkNailsXOXO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hate this over my CS foundation but love it on bare skin! I buff a lil on with my Too Faced kabuki(the puff it comes with is no good) for sheer coverage and shine control, it works perfect for me, it evens out my skin and leaves it looking super soft. Whenever I apply it over my combo/oily skin CS it looks horrible though, but it's still a keeper for days when I want a fresh light no foundation look! :) It's a very silky light powder and the compact is nice also.

Medium is too light for my NC40 skin, The next shade Medium Deep is my perfect match.