December 19, 2014 | 1573 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Pressed powder

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by nylongirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder really does stay on long and the coverage is light-med and blends well. The problem I have is that it dries out my face! I can't wear this powder continuously. I would recommend this for someone with oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I use this only for my nose or other shiny spots. I feel it would be much to chalky and drying on my entire face. I have SUPER dry/sensative skin, so I really have to watch what I put on it. This is good for shine control or probably people w/ oily skin.. but for anything else, I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this in fair/light. im a PPP and NC 10...not even an NC 15 but a 10! I can NEVER find a power pale enough, ever! I had resorted to goth white powders.
my mom gave me this, she bought it by mistake! im so glad she did because I never would have thought it would be light enough
all drug store powders in the lightest shades are still too dark for me including revlon
this was an exception
it didnt oxidize
my face stayed PALE WHITE ALL DAY which I LOVE and for the first time in LIFE! and ive used 'literally white' powders that didnt do that! it STAYS on like it says
yes its heavy.....must be the 'stay' component... like adding almost a second layer of foundation on top of the foundation you already put so I say apply it lightly.
I LOVE IT.
i look pale without the chalky or washed out look
just smooth. my makeup underneath,liquid, did NOT break up or come off. and i did not break out and im prone to
I have very oily skin and this wasnt a problem...didnt make me more oily..it only made my makeup stay on better in spite of my usual oil.
I slept in it (I know bad) but I woke up pleasantly surprised that my makeup was still there...and only the powder accounts for that.
I will definately buy it again! if you only knew I have lke 20 or 30 powders upstairs because I have such a hard time.all price ranges.
this is better than my $40 erno laszlo oil control powder that I just got.
thanks mom!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2011 6:10:00 AM More reviews by CHEERFUL83

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the worst design of a compact that I have ever seen. I switched to Revlon because the compact was easier to open than others. I can only use it at my dressing table because the puff?applicator is not with the powder. I thought the whole point of a compact was for use when away from home. the designer of this should be shot. What were your marketing people thinking of when they accepted it. I would have liked to rate the packaging 0.I cannot be scathing enough. I only bought it because I wanted the colour and he Deputy Manager at my local store was very helpful and opened the actual compact for me. It was not the same packaging as the tester on display.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by cc001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'd rate this more of a 3.5 than a 4.There's not much coverage, but it's a nice setting powder. I use this throughout the day to mattify my face after bloting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by BlackDahlia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with cleverk, this is great for setting liquid foundation, and keeping you matte, but I wouldn't use it alone.
I like this alot, and have repurchased it a few times, I also like the packaging alot, I think its very purse friendly. (:

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by cleverk

This powder keeps my oily skin looking fresh all day at work when paired over Clinique Acne Solutions liquid foundation. The packaging is unexpectedly nice and includes a mirror. This is definitely only a powder, not a power foundation, as it provides little to no coverage. I think the finish it gives is really nice, but as someone with oily skin, my idea of a nice finish is matte. I could see people with normal skin perhaps not getting much out of this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by casell

pros: it minimizes the oiliness of my super oily skin! it hides my blemishes.
con: i don't know if i got a shade darker, but the shade looks unnatural. i got medium. looks orangey? lol not sure.
ill repurchase this again. ill try the lighter shade, if the lighter color works natural, then ima stick to this foundation. tho im not inlove with this since it's also a bit pricey

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by torrieshere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Purchased this product in medium deep and it made my skin look ashy and the color was way off. They didnt have a darker shade, but even if a powder is too light for me in other brands it never makes me look chalky and ashy. Just ridiculous, would not ever repurchase or recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by ada18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am alittle surprised at the bad reviews for this product, mind you my specific Colorstay Pressed Powder comes in much different packaging than that pictured above (they may have reformulated it). Nonetheless, I don't get the cakey look from this that all others are talking about, instead I get a nice fresh, matte look. I use this specifically as a mattifying powder, not for coverage (I get that from my MAC StudioFix Powder Foundation). I use the shade "Light/Medium" and I am a MAC C4. All in all, it is a good powder for "mattifying" purposes, and essentially avoiding to needlessly re-apply your regular foundation. It is a tad pricey for a drugstore powder and is nothing extraordinary, therefore I'm 50/50 on repurchasing, but it is a good powder for what I intended to purchase it for.