July 31, 2014 | 1257 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 100% Pure Shea Butter

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by hoadang00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the tiny version of this for free. I used it as a lipbalm and brow wax, and to be honest I like Vaseline as a lipbalm better than this...it just sits on my lips for the whole night without sinking in and my lips still look dry in the morning. I can't think of many uses for this except using it as a cuticle balm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 9:53:00 AM More reviews by nailbunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Anything that is 50% Stearic acid is going to be comedogenic on the face, but if you can balance the fatty acids of Shea with another oil that complements it, it will spread easier with little rubbing. I've found that mixing my Holy Grail facial moisturiser, Hemp oil, with Shea 1:1 makes a slightly runny vaseline-like gel that spreads easily and sinks in just enough to still allow application of mineral powder foundation. I also use this mix as my facial cleanser in my modified OCM. I can put just Shea on my hands and nothing works better to keep Eczema away.

I think Shea butter is amazing and L'Occitane is the company that introduced it to the world outside Africa. Bravo to them.

22 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Lisa_Halni

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

100% Pure Shea Butter is a life saver for girls with super dry skin like me! I always find one cheaper at local organic/health food store.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by ash1077

I LOVE this stuff!! When I feel like I am about to get a pimple, I dab a little on before bed and in the morning its gone! Even with a little breakout or bad reaction to a MU product, this stuff works wonders. Without a doubt one of my HG products, and will never be without it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Lapiz

Unhygenic packaging. You have to stick your hands in a tin. Have you ever seen the results from a swab of jar/tin cosmetics? Saw a report where they put it in an incubator for a week in a petri dish. Bateria heaven. So that's my first complaint. Second, does not do anything special for the price paid. There are a ton of shea butter products out there that are no where near as expensive and shabby as the ones from L'Occitane. For $39, I wasted money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by baharh

This stuff is Amazing. My initial response to it was not good, but after some trial and error with clumsy application, i think I have finally found the best moisterizer for my dry skin. Its consistency is going to take some getting used to. At first it felt waxy on my skin, but as the day progressed, the waxy feeling went away in less than 30 minutes. My skin has never felt this soft, and I don't have to reapply like other lotions and moisterizers which is great because this stuff is considerabley expensive at $39 for a 4.9 oz can. I'm not crazy about the packaging, but considering it's consistency, I don't think there were alot of options. Overall I would highly recommend for dry skin. The label states that u can use it for face, hair, and body, but I just use it for on my lips and body. Lol, I'm too scared to put it on my face. Update: It's hot and humid here during the summer, so i can't really use this during days and be comfortable, but I do use it as a night body treatment. Btw when i first got this, it was hard and solidified in the can, but after a couple of days, it softened considerably.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It took me 6 months to finally buy this jar. It was so expensive and I am not a "butter" girl. I like creams. After my 5th time of "sampling" it, I finally decided on the smaller version. Once you start to use it, you get addicted to it. It quickly absorbs into your skin, and seals in any other moisture. The softness you achieve is unbelievable over a week. I have always had dry skin, and havent really care. LOCcitane prducts have changed that. I use the shower oil, then one of their lotions (all are great), then use the shea butter. This keeps my legs so well moisturized, I can skip a day, meaning if I take a shower the next day and dont have time to lotion, my skin is still soft! After a few weeks of use that is. Anyway, also like that If I use it on my chest or shoulders, it wont break me out. This will stay a staple product. Key is to use a little bit, let it liquify in your hands, then rub. Great on cuticles, hands, feet before bedtime, legs, knees, and all those other rough spots. My husband has called my skin baby soft from this.

UPDATE 11/24/2010 - I still am on the original jar that I purchased when I originally wrote this review. It is just now going empty. I have found a new use fo rit - I use it in my hair before putting it in a hair bun and it smooths my hair down, gives it shine, and it moisturizes it with a deep treatment through the day. Then I wash out at home. Sometimes I repeat. When I go to blow dry, my hair is extra hydrated because I have been conditioning. I still like that this is refined, I have tried other natural shea butters which are also nice, but I like the thick consistency of this. I will continue to repurchase - although probably off of eBay to save a few bucks. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 7:16:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like lotions/creams containing shea butter in general, but this product is not very appealing to me. Its consistency is very hard, which I find annoying. I have to pick some with my fingernail, which isn't very hygienic. As a lip balm it's very moisturising though. I've also tried using it on my cuticles, but I get much better results with natural oils. On a positive note, it doesn't irritate my skin at all. I'm still a believer in natural alternitives, and would definitely want to try another shea butter product in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the smaller tin and keep it in my medicine cabinet. I use it on my lips, cuticles, and hands (I have a terrible time with dry hands). I love this stuff! It is very thick, but super moisturizing and luxurious. It feels a bit greasy at first, but skin feels amazing after. It really works! Great on lips, too. I also like the cute little tin, small enough to toss in my purse or a makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by boezoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I keep a small tin in my makeup case & another on my desk at home at all times. I use it on my lips & cuticles. It's my favorite product from L'Occitane. It moisturizes really well. It's too pricey for me to use all over my body so I make it last longer by using it just on my lips & cuticles. A wonderful product.