L'Occitane 100% Pure Shea Butter

3.9

Shea Butter

on 12/6/2009 5:08:00 AM

I lve this product on my nails, hands,also my lips- feels very comforting, also has not got a strong smell, which is plus. i will be byuing again..

on 10/27/2009 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

Count me on the Shea Butter bandwagon! This is a wonderful, scent-free product that comes hard packed in a generously sized tin. You need to warm you fingers and scoop it out then it melts onto wherever you apply it.

And you can apply it pretty much everywhere! I put it under my eyes and it is the best eye cream I have ever used. Lips? Leaves 'em smooth and a letting it sit whe you do the rest of your face then wiping off all but a trace guarantees that your lipstick goes on smoothly.

Got dry feet? Wash and pumice them, then generously apply the Shea Butter and cover overnight with cotton socks. Yowza! It makes a world of difference.

The most amazing place I tried it and was thrilled with the outcome was my hair. My hair is halfway down my back and the ends are pretty dry. I rubbed some Shea Butter into the ends of my wet hair, blew dry and they were so soft! Not sticky or hard at all.

I love this product and personally think everyone should have a tub! Sephora and Nordstrom both carry this and they have tremendous return policies, so what do you have to loose?

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My number one use for this would be as a lip salve, and honestly it might now be my HG lip treatment. I put it on last night and was thrilled with it's staying power/thickness. It's not waxy feeling at all or sticky. I've been using Smith's Rosebud salve for a few months and I really like that, but with 100% shea I don't feel like I have to reapply as often. I don't really use it as a body moisturizer since it would take forever to put on- not the most spreadable thing out there. You have to rub it a little to soften it up, but it's no biggie. I also don't have problem dry skin and I'm fine w. regular moisturizers, though I hear it's amazing for that skin type. It's great for callouses or dry patches. Overall a nice product, got mine on QVC with other L'occitane products so the price was right :)

on 7/5/2009 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought the smallest container of this to try it out and was shocked at the price. I would prefer more sanitary packaging (you have to stick your fingers in) as I mainly wanted to use it as a lip moisturizer. It works really well, even for the dry backs of my hands. I only need to apply some to my hands every few days so that makes up a little for the price tag. I find it works much better for me than other moisturizers that L'occitane en provence offers that contain a smaller percentage of shea butter. I will keep using it until I find a cheaper alternative.

on 7/2/2009 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got the tiny version of this for free. I used it as a lipbalm and brow wax, and to be honest I like Vaseline as a lipbalm better than this...it just sits on my lips for the whole night without sinking in and my lips still look dry in the morning. I can't think of many uses for this except using it as a cuticle balm.

on 6/23/2009 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Anything that is 50% Stearic acid is going to be comedogenic on the face, but if you can balance the fatty acids of Shea with another oil that complements it, it will spread easier with little rubbing. I've found that mixing my Holy Grail facial moisturiser, Hemp oil, with Shea 1:1 makes a slightly runny vaseline-like gel that spreads easily and sinks in just enough to still allow application of mineral powder foundation. I also use this mix as my facial cleanser in my modified OCM. I can put just Shea on my hands and nothing works better to keep Eczema away.

I think Shea butter is amazing and L'Occitane is the company that introduced it to the world outside Africa. Bravo to them.

on 6/18/2009 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

100% Pure Shea Butter is a life saver for girls with super dry skin like me! I always find one cheaper at local organic/health food store.

on 6/18/2009 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff!! When I feel like I am about to get a pimple, I dab a little on before bed and in the morning its gone! Even with a little breakout or bad reaction to a MU product, this stuff works wonders. Without a doubt one of my HG products, and will never be without it.

on 6/18/2009 10:36:00 AM

Unhygenic packaging. You have to stick your hands in a tin. Have you ever seen the results from a swab of jar/tin cosmetics? Saw a report where they put it in an incubator for a week in a petri dish. Bateria heaven. So that's my first complaint. Second, does not do anything special for the price paid. There are a ton of shea butter products out there that are no where near as expensive and shabby as the ones from L'Occitane. For $39, I wasted money.

on 6/12/2009 11:56:00 PM

This stuff is Amazing. My initial response to it was not good, but after some trial and error with clumsy application, i think I have finally found the best moisterizer for my dry skin. Its consistency is going to take some getting used to. At first it felt waxy on my skin, but as the day progressed, the waxy feeling went away in less than 30 minutes. My skin has never felt this soft, and I don't have to reapply like other lotions and moisterizers which is great because this stuff is considerabley expensive at $39 for a 4.9 oz can. I'm not crazy about the packaging, but considering it's consistency, I don't think there were alot of options. Overall I would highly recommend for dry skin. The label states that u can use it for face, hair, and body, but I just use it for on my lips and body. Lol, I'm too scared to put it on my face. Update: It's hot and humid here during the summer, so i can't really use this during days and be comfortable, but I do use it as a night body treatment. Btw when i first got this, it was hard and solidified in the can, but after a couple of days, it softened considerably.