September 23, 2014 | 898 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by kaity1

So far this is the best foundation i have ever used. I have oily combination skin and i went to myer and bought this for around $50 i think it was. the lady said i was an intensity 2 shade (which i dont think i am), I have fair/medium skin and after using this shade for a while i have noticed it is too dark so i am now going to try intensity 1 but other than that after using this foundation for a about a month now i am very pleased with how long it lasts (alllllllllllll dayyyyyy long) my skin produces oil throughout the day but this foundation controls it and my skin looks great even after a long hard day at work on a hot day.The texture when applying is maybe a bit more on the thick side but not too thick and it does dry really quickly when applying so you have to be quick about it. the staying power is like nothing i have ever used. I really hope this lighter shade that i am going to try is not too light and matches my skin shade better because the intensity 2 is to dark and i wont be using that shade again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I spent $32.50 on this foundation and I am pretty dissapointed.

I went to the Estee Lauder counter so I could be tested for the correct color, boy was I surprised when she said I was an intensity 2 as I am pretty fair and wear a natural ivory color in all other foundations. She gave me generous sample to try for the remainder of the week and after just 2 days I knew this was not the foundation for me. At first I really liked the coverage and it didn’t feel heavy on my skin. However what I did notice was it really dried out my face, especially around my nose and mouth area. As the day wore on it was quite apparent that the intensity 2 was indeed too dark and it looked like I was wearing a mask. I did not think that the staying power of this foundation was that great as it looked smeary and cakey after about 6 hours.

It also settled into my pores after about 2 hours which made them look extremely noticeable.

Never buying again

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by EvvieBarrios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a definite improvement over Double Wear for those who don't like that heavy feel-- what is lacking is color selection! Intensity 1 is NOT for all 1's. I

It ends up a warm shade with peach undertones on me and I need a cool shade with pink undertones. I was skeptical about that self adjusting story the SA gave me and with good reason-I don't like looking in the mirror and seeing Oh Great Pumpkin after a few hours. I would however reconsider trying this again for summer months only since I am a dry skin gal- if they get real and expand the color selection.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Purplelovehearts

I absolutely love this foundation, I'm glad I had a free 10 day trial as it took me quite a few attempts to get the application right, you need to work fast on a freshly moisturised face, I have dry skin but my t zone is very oily with large pores, this foundation balances me out perfectly and you can't see my pores at all, it looks very natural and my skin looks flawless but like I don't have any foundation on at all, before using this I would quite often have to blot my oily t zone but I don't get it whilst wearing this product, it's also worth mentioning that the staying power of this foundation is amazing lasts all day and some, I often get complimented on how good my skin is which I'm sure is down to this foundation, wouldn't be without it

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by vivian308

I agree with the other review stated that this one feels like super glue on her skin. It did feel very tight. Although staying power is pretty good, I don't really like how tight it makes my skin feels. I don't think it breaks my skin out, surprisingly, but it doesn't feel so good on my face. I was hoping for it to work cause it does look a bit natural, but oh well, the search continues.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What I love about the product
- Stays on all day
- Great for combination/oily skintone
- Excellent for hot, humid days (won't budge)
- Seems to "perfect" skin
- Affordable price

What I don't like
- If you have normal/dry skin, be wary that it may emphasize dry spots
- Cheap packaging
- Limited color selection

Overall, I do recommend this to some people. It is a good product but by no means the best

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by megan1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favourite foundation, it's the only one that I have triedthat stays put all day (aside from the original double-wear). The range of colours, however, is limited, no.1 is too pale and no. 2 is too dark so I buy both and mix them- not ideal! I like the packaging, as you can get every last drop and wastage is minimal. If EL did a wider colour range I would give it top marks, come on EL!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by JohnnyMakeup

I tried this along the original Double Wear and my only question was, why is this thing called Double Wear? It's totally different products - this one blends without streaks, full coverage, lasts up to 16h and feels light on the skin. My only concern was the color selection, which is probably the reason why I wouldn't purchase it (I think it's the most important thing about foundation anyway).

P.S! I found it to be really similar to the Inglot YMC foundation in a small squeezy tube, which is also cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Bajanac

Too heavy and i still havent found the color that matches me best, it's really drying and i dont have dry skin, you need to apply this foundation fast or it will come on too cakey. I will not be re-purchasing this, i might actually return it because its not a good look!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by zoilarojas

I have extremely sensitive, combination skin that has some redness and hyperpigmentation. After a lot of work on my skin I am mostly acne free and but the hyperpigmentation in my chin and mouth is troublesome. I do not have the time or inclination for a flawless face. I'm okay with my flaws and redness. I wanted a foundation that is light, blends in flawlessly, looks super natural and is my right color.

My skin looks wonderful, bright, and natural with this foundation. And the staying power is AWESOME. I've worn this foundation from 7:30 AM-11:30 PM and at the end of the day it looks pretty good.

If you're looking for a natural looking, blendable foundation that can build up to medium coverage and feels like nothing on your skin THIS IS IT.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No