October 23, 2014 | 1689 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Naturally Ageless Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by meeshmu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok. let me just start by saying I have not wriiten a review in a long time. just didnt find the time, wasnt a priority- EXCEPT WHEN I BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT. Uh- this stuff is the best. not oily at all. just absolutely lovely- LOVELY, makes your skin feel and look amazing. I look forward to the whole "experience" of putting it on. its just great! I love it!!!! I mix it with myproctive repair moisturizer- thats right, super acne prone skin here, and this doesnt break me out. heaven in bottle. will always have on hand.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by owl03

I have been using this around my eyes for the last 3 months. It gives a nice glow to the area, but that's about it. The claim on the box says it helps smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. I have not seen any evidence of this. IMO definitely not worth $25.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by choiii8

ive definitely noticed a slight reduction in wrinkles. after my third bottle I haven't noticed much difference in my skin so i'm going to try something new for a bit. switch it up. but this product did work with smoothing out some wrinkles.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

I bought this based on the rave reviews on this board. Sinks into the skin quickly. Smells nice, not overpowering. Tried both day and night. Sadly - there doesn't seem to be much improvement to my skin as a result of using this product. I find I have to be very careful about the amount I put on my skin. Too much and I break out. I also find that if I use it for more than 3 days straight, my pores clog. No difference in wrinkles. Didn't seem to make my skin oilier or drier or more balanced. Ultimately, an extra step/product I didn't need.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by lilacmess

Pretty much every oil product I've tried has made me break out, so I was hesitant to try this. However, it really does seem to help with inflamed skin. I don't know that it helps that much with fine lines, but it has helped my skin stay pretty calm this winter. I mix it with my moisturizer and use it all over my face. I also spot treat blemishes with the serum -it seems to help them heal faster.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by lucypiggie

LOVE! Been using this serum for about 3 weeks to a month now, and I bought it based on reviews here on MUA.

A definite HG for me!

I think those reviewers who are saying it left their skin shiny must be putting on too much. Honestly, for your entire face you only need 2 - 3 DROPS. Anymore than that is too much. I usually just put a drop on my finger and rub it into one side of my face starting at the cheek area. Then another drop for the other side. Third drop for forhead, nose, chin area. Sometimes I just need 2 drops total depending on how well I spread it.

The oil sinks right in. I have combination skin and am prone to breakouts (I've been on Accutane, that should tell you how badly I can break out). This serum doesn't break me out at all or make the oily section of my face (ie nose) oily during the day. Usually in the winter time the dry section of my face (ie cheeks) can get so dry that it peels so badly that it's embarrassing. Usually I have to slather Aquaphor on it or some other equally heavy cream plus exfoliate and even then, i still have flakes. This serum has kept me from having dry bits!

The directions say to just put a small amount on trouble areas like on wrinkles or around the mouth. I do put it all over, and like i said, only 2 - 3 drops for the entire face - anymore than that and you're just wasting product.

I had a whole bunch of lotion samples from Sephora, and I would add a drop or two to them and put it on my face. It really helped punch up the emollient properties of the lotion, so that's another alternative for those of you who have a favorite cream that you need to make "richer" during the winter months.

I should add that perhaps this product is not breaking me out because I'm also using the uber-expensive but oh so good Kinerase clear skin serum. The kinerase serum has totally helped do away with breakouts, and the serum is keeping my face looking and feeling smooth, moisturized and even a bit glowy. These two products are HG for me - definite staples.

If you use Peter Thomas Roth's Un-wrinkle pads (a new HG for me - honestly, I feel so lucky to have come across for the first time in my life 3 amazing products that work so well for my skin) which gives you the most effective peel, I usually use the BB serum right after I use it. Makes my skin look like a baby's bottom. The serum honestly feels so soothing and healing.

OH, and here's another reason for why it's HG status for me - I had this patch of dry skin on my shin that itched like you couldn't believe. My doctor said it was just really bad dry skin and to just moisturize 2 x a day. I used Aquaphor, Eucerin, Vaseline and a whole variety of creams to battle it, but it was still so itchy and dry and it was starting to look like a rash. It was really gross. I decided one night what the heck and just use BB serum. I used 1 - 2 drops on it, and went to bed. Next day, like a 50% improvement and no itchiness. At the first sign of itch, I use a drop on it and the itch honestly goes away (amazing!) and my skin actually looks like it's starting to finally heal and repair itself. LOVE!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2009 9:52:00 AM More reviews by aimeeb212

This serum was just too much for my skin. I wore it for 5 nites straight &ended up w/a bad breakout. I noticed some small bumps underneath the skin after day 3 &by day 5, they came to the surface. I could see this working for someone w/more mature skin or skin that isn't prone to breakouts, but the evening primrose &rosehip seed oils proved to be too rich for my skin. I've never had any luck w/Burt's Bees products and this serum was no exception. I've had great luck w/jojoba oil, so I'll stick w/that for awhile.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by daizyduke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. Not as heavy as some of the other oils I have tried. Since I have started using this a few weeks ago, I have not had a problem with dry skin like I normally do in winter. Also no problems with breakouts. Will definitely use this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2009 4:46:00 AM More reviews by xiaomiaow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination/dry skin. I bought this because the good reviews, and some said that you could put this on your entire face. So I did. The next day I found that my pore was bigger (I have large pores), and it's not absorbed very well, my face was shinny after a whole night. I don't think this is a good product for people who has large pores.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by j_fortier

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. For years, I and my dermatologist were convinced I had oily/combo skin (my mother kept telling me otherwise - should have listened to Mom). So, I stayed far away from all things with oil in it. But, every time I'd get a facial, they'd tell me how dehydrated my skin was. So, I experimented. This was my first venture into oils, and it is wonderful. It smells great, sinks in easily, makes my skin feel supple and really helps keep it moisturized. I use it twice a day - at night under Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless Night Cream (also with oils) and during the day under Avalon Organics Vitamin C Lotion with SPF (really loaded with oils) and my skin finally looks clear, smooth, even toned and healthy. The lines around my mouth have really smoothed out. I has also improved the skin on my upper lip, which was getting that puckered, old lady look. I've got my husband on it too, and he's looking awfully cute lately. :-)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No