Becca Concealer compact

4.1

Medium Cover: Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Magnesium Myristate, Cetyl Palmitate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Tocopherol, Oleth-10, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [ /- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Red 36 CI 12085, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Ultramarines CI 77007, Carmine CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288] Extra Cover: Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Magnesium Myristate, Cetyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Petrolatum, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Oleth-10, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [ /- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Carmine CI 75470, Red 36 CI 12085]

on 8/26/2007 12:33:00 AM

The reason why I love this concealer is because it lasts all day on my oily skin, looks very natural when applied properly, and the color match is great. I have never come across a natural-looking concealer that stayed on me all day without fading or smearing off except for Becca. I use Tahini for my fair, untanned yellow based skin. You will most likely find a good match if you spend the effort to explore the many different shades and try out a few. I still need to use a moderate amount of moisturizer on the spots where I put this concealer beforehand (the product is very thick and dry compared to most concealers). This thickness is both a pro and con, because it provides good, layerable coverage, but at the same time can be hard to blend and control sometimes. The application takes practice, but once you master it this concealer is fantastic. I recommend this for those with oily to normal skin. I find it best for discoloration, acne scars, etc. It is not ideal for undereye use because of the thick formulation, but I have used it as undereye concealer before with decent results. On the bad side, it is expensive and you don't get a whole lot of product for your money. Still HG!

on 8/2/2007 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

If you are looking for a concealer that will match your skin tone, you are sure to find it in Becca. They have a gazillion colors. Unfortunately, as many people have already stated, the consistency of these concealers is like paste, very heavy and settles in lines. Not a good choice for older women like me. I'm not even sure that plenty of eye cream helps.

on 7/19/2007 9:56:00 PM

Perfect colours but I echo the sentiments of a few other reviewers in that the formulation is just way too thick and dry. If I don't use a lot of eye cream underneath then the product just creeps into very fine lines and accentuates them all the more. Not a good look for anyone, even young people as it looks very obvious and ageing.
For this reason I would definitely not re-purchase. continued >>

on 7/16/2007 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I agree with some of the other reviewers, too thick and too dry. I am difficult to match color-wise and I found that even though they have a bazillion colors, they're either, too yellow with a green undertone or too orange. The Sherbet wasn't bad, but it was too light. I use the Three Custom Color custom blend -- I sent them a sample of the color I wanted (but didn't like because the formula was too dry) and it's awesome. It's much creamier than this and the color that I want (unlike Bobbi Brown that is too yellow). Plus you get twice as much for the cost of this.

on 7/2/2007 6:42:00 PM

I would almost have to reiterate Danielle82's review word for word, except to add that I have used most of the concealers in the known world and this is pretty much the best. I am an NC20-25, light skin with yellow undertones and I have been using praline and will graduate to banana [for color reference]. While there are always considerations like skin texture, etc. when searching for the right product if you really need to conceal things strongly--this is the one to try.

on 6/30/2007 11:56:00 PM

Gosh, I love this product. I have olive golden skin and finding a concealer that isn't too pink for me AND has complete coverage has been a nightmare. This has two sides: a sheerer one for regular problems, and a heavier one for really dark ones. It's super smooth and doesn't sink into lines, either! The holiest of my holy grails.

on 6/16/2007 11:30:00 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with this. On some days it looks great, but on other days (when undereye circles are darker) it seems like I am wearing the wrong color. I have been to the Becca counter many times now to get a color match and everytime I was told a different color.

I find the product to be dry at times, I have to apply alot of moisturizer undereye even then it can look cakey (this could just be my skin). I have had better results applying this with the Becca concealer brush, it does not look as cakey and it goes on more creamy. I think I need to play around with this abit more.

I do like the the fact that this has two different types of coverage, one for undereye (light) and the other (heavier) for blemishes.

I recently tried Becca's stick foundation and I actually liked this alot as a concealer, plus I don't have to work so hard to apply it. If I cannot get this concealer to work for me more often, I may have to give this a miss.

on 5/23/2007 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

What this product has going for it is a remarkable range of colors. However, this product is incredibly dry and thick, making it difficult to blend. It also faded quickly.

This product has replaced MAC concealers as my HG. It's everything I wanted Laura Mercier's concealer duo to be! There are two differently textured (but identically colored) formulas in the compact: a slightly thicker, drier side for blemishes, and creamier, thinner side for undereye circles. Both are highly pigmented, but the difference in texture is genius! Both formulas are blendable and long-lasting, no caking, no creasing. My only argument with with this product is that the compact is so hard to open. I believe it retails for $25, and I expect it to last long enough to be worth the price. For reference, I have relatively clear skin, on the dry side, NW20, and I purchased this in Torrone.

on 4/12/2007 6:17:00 AM

Me: neutral LLL, dry undereye area & do not breakout often now that i have found the right skin routine. I have to note that i did not purchase this but was colourmatched and had it appled by the MA. Pros: Thick opaque coverage, even with the "lighter" formulated side, wide variety of colours, reasonably priced for a high end concealer. Cons: Too thick for my purposes, colour i was matched to (butterscotch) was too yellow, irritated my eyes and difficult to work with (the MA had to spend ageeeesss warming it up first, i wouldnt spend that long in the mornings.) Overall, i gave this three stars as it was a decent product, just not what i was looking for which is something more moisturising for the eye area, more spreadable texture and unfragranced.