October 31, 2014 | 1560 users online

Concealers - Becca - Concealer compact

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2007 7:46:00 AM More reviews by micacat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you are looking for a concealer that will match your skin tone, you are sure to find it in Becca. They have a gazillion colors. Unfortunately, as many people have already stated, the consistency of these concealers is like paste, very heavy and settles in lines. Not a good choice for older women like me. I'm not even sure that plenty of eye cream helps.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2007 9:56:00 PM More reviews by lilylotus

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect colours but I echo the sentiments of a few other reviewers in that the formulation is just way too thick and dry. If I don't use a lot of eye cream underneath then the product just creeps into very fine lines and accentuates them all the more. Not a good look for anyone, even young people as it looks very obvious and ageing.
For this reason I would definitely not re-purchase. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2007 10:42:00 AM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with some of the other reviewers, too thick and too dry. I am difficult to match color-wise and I found that even though they have a bazillion colors, they're either, too yellow with a green undertone or too orange. The Sherbet wasn't bad, but it was too light. I use the Three Custom Color custom blend -- I sent them a sample of the color I wanted (but didn't like because the formula was too dry) and it's awesome. It's much creamier than this and the color that I want (unlike Bobbi Brown that is too yellow). Plus you get twice as much for the cost of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Fire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would almost have to reiterate Danielle82's review word for word, except to add that I have used most of the concealers in the known world and this is pretty much the best. I am an NC20-25, light skin with yellow undertones and I have been using praline and will graduate to banana [for color reference]. While there are always considerations like skin texture, etc. when searching for the right product if you really need to conceal things strongly--this is the one to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2007 11:56:00 PM More reviews by leafsmother

Gosh, I love this product. I have olive golden skin and finding a concealer that isn't too pink for me AND has complete coverage has been a nightmare. This has two sides: a sheerer one for regular problems, and a heavier one for really dark ones. It's super smooth and doesn't sink into lines, either! The holiest of my holy grails.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2007 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Nibs09

I have a love/hate relationship with this. On some days it looks great, but on other days (when undereye circles are darker) it seems like I am wearing the wrong color. I have been to the Becca counter many times now to get a color match and everytime I was told a different color.

I find the product to be dry at times, I have to apply alot of moisturizer undereye even then it can look cakey (this could just be my skin). I have had better results applying this with the Becca concealer brush, it does not look as cakey and it goes on more creamy. I think I need to play around with this abit more.

I do like the the fact that this has two different types of coverage, one for undereye (light) and the other (heavier) for blemishes.

I recently tried Becca's stick foundation and I actually liked this alot as a concealer, plus I don't have to work so hard to apply it. If I cannot get this concealer to work for me more often, I may have to give this a miss.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2007 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Scarlet3334

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What this product has going for it is a remarkable range of colors. However, this product is incredibly dry and thick, making it difficult to blend. It also faded quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by lil_lost_yankee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product has replaced MAC concealers as my HG. It's everything I wanted Laura Mercier's concealer duo to be! There are two differently textured (but identically colored) formulas in the compact: a slightly thicker, drier side for blemishes, and creamier, thinner side for undereye circles. Both are highly pigmented, but the difference in texture is genius! Both formulas are blendable and long-lasting, no caking, no creasing. My only argument with with this product is that the compact is so hard to open. I believe it retails for $25, and I expect it to last long enough to be worth the price. For reference, I have relatively clear skin, on the dry side, NW20, and I purchased this in Torrone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2007 6:17:00 AM More reviews by ziggy_medusa

Me: neutral LLL, dry undereye area & do not breakout often now that i have found the right skin routine. I have to note that i did not purchase this but was colourmatched and had it appled by the MA. Pros: Thick opaque coverage, even with the "lighter" formulated side, wide variety of colours, reasonably priced for a high end concealer. Cons: Too thick for my purposes, colour i was matched to (butterscotch) was too yellow, irritated my eyes and difficult to work with (the MA had to spend ageeeesss warming it up first, i wouldnt spend that long in the mornings.) Overall, i gave this three stars as it was a decent product, just not what i was looking for which is something more moisturising for the eye area, more spreadable texture and unfragranced.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2007 11:54:00 PM More reviews by yamroll

I just buy this concealer in Torrone. I am Asian and I use Mac in NC15. I don't like this product because it's too dry for use under eye area but the color match me. I think Bobbi brown creamy concealer is better. Becca concealer sinks into fine line.