July 25, 2014 | 1824 users online

Concealers - Becca - Concealer compact

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2007 10:42:00 AM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with some of the other reviewers, too thick and too dry. I am difficult to match color-wise and I found that even though they have a bazillion colors, they're either, too yellow with a green undertone or too orange. The Sherbet wasn't bad, but it was too light. I use the Three Custom Color custom blend -- I sent them a sample of the color I wanted (but didn't like because the formula was too dry) and it's awesome. It's much creamier than this and the color that I want (unlike Bobbi Brown that is too yellow). Plus you get twice as much for the cost of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Fire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would almost have to reiterate Danielle82's review word for word, except to add that I have used most of the concealers in the known world and this is pretty much the best. I am an NC20-25, light skin with yellow undertones and I have been using praline and will graduate to banana [for color reference]. While there are always considerations like skin texture, etc. when searching for the right product if you really need to conceal things strongly--this is the one to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2007 11:56:00 PM More reviews by leafsmother

Gosh, I love this product. I have olive golden skin and finding a concealer that isn't too pink for me AND has complete coverage has been a nightmare. This has two sides: a sheerer one for regular problems, and a heavier one for really dark ones. It's super smooth and doesn't sink into lines, either! The holiest of my holy grails.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2007 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Nibs09

I have a love/hate relationship with this. On some days it looks great, but on other days (when undereye circles are darker) it seems like I am wearing the wrong color. I have been to the Becca counter many times now to get a color match and everytime I was told a different color.

I find the product to be dry at times, I have to apply alot of moisturizer undereye even then it can look cakey (this could just be my skin). I have had better results applying this with the Becca concealer brush, it does not look as cakey and it goes on more creamy. I think I need to play around with this abit more.

I do like the the fact that this has two different types of coverage, one for undereye (light) and the other (heavier) for blemishes.

I recently tried Becca's stick foundation and I actually liked this alot as a concealer, plus I don't have to work so hard to apply it. If I cannot get this concealer to work for me more often, I may have to give this a miss.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2007 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Scarlet3334

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What this product has going for it is a remarkable range of colors. However, this product is incredibly dry and thick, making it difficult to blend. It also faded quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by lil_lost_yankee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product has replaced MAC concealers as my HG. It's everything I wanted Laura Mercier's concealer duo to be! There are two differently textured (but identically colored) formulas in the compact: a slightly thicker, drier side for blemishes, and creamier, thinner side for undereye circles. Both are highly pigmented, but the difference in texture is genius! Both formulas are blendable and long-lasting, no caking, no creasing. My only argument with with this product is that the compact is so hard to open. I believe it retails for $25, and I expect it to last long enough to be worth the price. For reference, I have relatively clear skin, on the dry side, NW20, and I purchased this in Torrone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2007 6:17:00 AM More reviews by ziggy_medusa

Me: neutral LLL, dry undereye area & do not breakout often now that i have found the right skin routine. I have to note that i did not purchase this but was colourmatched and had it appled by the MA. Pros: Thick opaque coverage, even with the "lighter" formulated side, wide variety of colours, reasonably priced for a high end concealer. Cons: Too thick for my purposes, colour i was matched to (butterscotch) was too yellow, irritated my eyes and difficult to work with (the MA had to spend ageeeesss warming it up first, i wouldnt spend that long in the mornings.) Overall, i gave this three stars as it was a decent product, just not what i was looking for which is something more moisturising for the eye area, more spreadable texture and unfragranced.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2007 11:54:00 PM More reviews by yamroll

I just buy this concealer in Torrone. I am Asian and I use Mac in NC15. I don't like this product because it's too dry for use under eye area but the color match me. I think Bobbi brown creamy concealer is better. Becca concealer sinks into fine line.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2007 11:26:00 PM More reviews by whatever05

I liked this concealer but faded after a couple of hours.Also, it doesn't absorb in the skin well and doesn't cover up my blemishes and acne scars much. Maybe I'm not applying it right so if any of you have some tips send me a message.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i have this becca concealer in meringue. i have pretty pale skin with terrible dark circles under my eyes that can NEVER be completely covered no matter what it seems. after reading about this concealer several places i bought it to try on my circles. the girl at sephora helped match my skin and i guess it matches decently, although i get the waaaay too white compared to the rest of my face rings under my eyes from it. used on blemishes or other little imperfections (like the redness around nose) this is pretty good, but under eyes it is AWFUL. much, much too dry to spread around and requires hard tugging. plus it just doesn't blend well at all, and no matter how much heavy duty moisturizer i use before, it always makes the skin under my eyes look dry and aging (and i'm 24!!!). so i guess for smaller, non blending areas i'd give it an ok, but for dark circles a no way.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No