Ecotools 6 Piece Brush Set

4.7

on 3/1/2012 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love these brushes, I have been using this brush set for about 2 years now, give or take a few months. The brushes are all very nice quality, especially for the price. They have very soft synthetic bristles. I have put my brushes through many washings with regular gentle hand soap and have not had any bristle fallout.
I have only two problems with the kit and they are relatively minor so not enough to prevent me from repurchasing or giving a 5-star review. First, the blush brush is too large to be used for blush on my face, instead I use it for foundation and bronzer. Secondly, the hemp case does not hold the brushes in as well as I would like and they occasionally slide out.
I still absolutely recommend this kit, especially for a first brush set or for traveling.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

For the price, this is one of the best brush sets on the market. I've had mine for 2 years and they're still going strong. My favorite brush in the set is the blush brush and the least favorite is the eye shading brush. I do use it for concealer, though.

on 1/21/2012 12:16:00 PM

I love this brush set! It was only 15.99 in boots- which is less than what my MAC brushes cost me. I love the look of them and the bag that they come in. But those things aren't really important. What is important is that they work really well and feel so soft. I use the blush, eyeshadow and eyeliner everyday and occasionally the brow brush/lash comb, and normally i use the concealer brush to put highlight under my brows- don't know why, it just always seems to be the cleanest brush I can find. I'd definitely recommend this to someone who is starting off and doesn't have many brushes as this is a really good selection, at a good price. I remember the first brush set I had and it was no where near as good as this. I wish I'd had this then because good brushes are the best thing you can have in your makeup kit. They make doing good makeup so much easier! Now I'm rambling so I'd just say: buy these, I don't think you'll regret it!

on 1/20/2012 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Great brushes. Great price. Love the eco-friendly part of it. A little light on the hand, needs getting used to.
Shed after 6 months of washing and I wash with brush cleaner. Then the metal part broke. Ok. Not too great anymore.

I love this brushes! These were the first set of brushes that I got ever and i fell in love with them. They are really soft, and easy to wash. I have used all of them but I mostly use the Blush brush and the eyeshadow brush. The angled brush is great too! Also the bag they come in? It's so great! It's great for travelling! I really love them! I highly reccommend this to everyone

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I don't know why I waited this long to get these brushes after hearing a lot of good reviews about Ecotools. I'm actually one of the few who only use synthetic brushes, not just because it's cruelty free, but I personally think they're much softer and easier to maintain than their real hair counterpart, that being said, I can only compare these brushes to two other sets I have, which are the ELF student brushes--which are by far my favorite, and the body shop brushes, which I think are also from the makers of these brushes. And I love them all! I recently bought my second set of these to put in my bag because they are extremely soft and pick up pigment and my powders really well. I seriously have nothing bad to add, they blend powder really well and don't scratch my face when I'm trying to buff mineral powder on my face. After using a lot of synthetic brushes, I don't think I'll ever be buying real hair brushes, no matter how good the reviews are. Highly recommend this.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I'm surprised I have not reviewed this yet. :) I bought this during my US trip in 2009 and promptly fell in love with it. To be honest, of the 5 brushes, I really only use the blush brush and eyeliner brush, but even this two brushes alone justify the price tag. The concealor brush and the lash and brow groomer are still sitting in the brush roll and I use the eyeshadow brush occasionally. No shedding whatsoever, even after 2 years of washing. I will buy this again, or perhaps but the blush brush and eyeliner brush individually.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this brush set! The brushes are SO soft and really good quality! They don't shed while I'm washing them. They are eco-friendly and they are pretty cheap! 5/5 Stars

on 1/1/2012 1:10:00 AM

I love the roll this comes in! I tacked it to my wall for easier access. :)
The brushes themselves are nice and soft, and EXTREMELY cheap. I like the fact it's sustainably made of bamboo too.

on 12/31/2011 11:47:00 AM

This product was incredible! My Auntie brought me these brushes alongside another present at Christmas from Boots for 15.99. Although this may sound a little bit expensive, you get 6 different brushes which are of a fantastic quality. It includes a Blush Brush - which I use for powder as well - a concealer brush, an eyeshadow brush, an eyeliner brush - which I have yet to try because I don't wear liquid as often as I wear pencil - and a lash comb and eyebrow comb. It also includes a make up bag to store these in. The brushes are firm, but so very soft and are such an improvement from my last set of brushes. A fantastic started kit for teenagers like me.

Popular Makeup Brushes