Cover Girl Perfect Blend Eye Pencil

3.8

on 5/12/2009 11:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like this eyeliner because it has a built-in smudger and because I can create soft lines. You kind of have to work at it a little because the formula doesn't "glide" on. I have been using this liner in black for over 6 years and I still prefer it over many other brands. To prevent smudging, I apply primer to my eyelids and lower lash line. I recommend Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

on 5/6/2009 5:02:00 AM

It applies really smoothly and softly, which means it's easy but also smudges pretty easily. I guess that's why you've got your smudger for smokey eyes as well, but I don't tend to use that much...it's easy enough to smudge out with a fingertip if necessary. It also hasn't got great staying power, but I like to use it for everyday wear to uni because it's more subtle and simple than other eyeliners, but still does what I need.

Updated: I really have decided that this one isn't worth my money. Though it's quick and easy to smudge and nice and cheap, it just has no staying power! I'll end up with smears under my eyes more than anywhere else, which just doesn't cut it in our hot summers. On the look out for a new eyeliner fave now. :(

on 4/22/2009 11:51:00 PM

I've stopped using the blender but it was good to start with for the smokey eye . But it turned kinda' gray when you did .
Anyway , instead of using MAC Carbon ( since i dont have a smudge brush to apply it with ) i use this eyeliner pencil to colour it in & then blend it out to make a smokey eye . I`ll have to say , this is like an eyeshadow+eyeliner in one . I love it , & it lasts quite a long time . I mean , if you sharpen it , it can be a straight line eyeliner ( but tends to smudge ) but i use it for both basically .
Will definitely repurchase, no doubts .

Love the pencil and blender, I bought the grey one, forget the name at the moment. Anyway, it doesn't seem very as dark of a grey as the pencil looks:(

I was looking for a smokey grey as an alternative to black but this is more on the lighter side of grey, not silver but maybe pewter in color, if that makes sense.

Oh well, it was cheap, i'll still use it but won't buy again.

on 3/27/2009 11:24:00 PM

I absolutely hated this pencil. I bought it in hopes I can replace my Sephora brand eye pencil with something a bit cheaper (I've been slowly trying to replace some of my expensive staples with drugstore brands to save on costs!). It is extremely hard and doesn't apply color to well. I heated it with my hairdryer, which helped make the color a bit more intense, but it's not soft and easy to apply like what I'm used to. Plus it feels almost like I'm scratching my eyelids when I apply this. Tossing this guy in the garbage and going back to my Sephora staple!

on 3/25/2009 3:07:00 AM

I have used this for YEARS! Eyeliner is something that I never go into public without so its a staple! Its a must have with me to use eye pencils that have a smudger thing on the tip because I use it 1-for blending 2-to wipe away any excess around eyes and 3-for removing eye boogers. Yeah, the lasting power isn't that great so I give it a 4. I think Maybellines version has more pigment and staying power.

on 3/13/2009 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used to use this eyeliner all the time. However, it was only because I wasn't as interested in make up at first either. I find that this is just okay. It's nothing special. It's not smooth. It wears off right after 5 minutes in the waterline. It's not that pigmented either. It's just really not worth it. I wouldn't even recommend this for beginners. CQ eyeliners for beginners would be better and cheaper. You would have to reapply constantly and it's just not even worth the $3 or whatever.

on 3/13/2009 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner is okay, not the best. Smudges a little... havent really found the perfect eyeliner yet though so I will continue to use this until I do.

on 2/14/2009 3:48:00 PM

This has been my HG eyeliner for several years now- I just LOVE this product. I always keep the black and dark brown pencils in my makeup bag (forgot the color names). These pencils go on so smooth and the sponge tip is very soft and blends the eye liner as much or as little as you want. I really love the packaging because both ends have a plastic cap (not just the pencil part). Overall, this deserves an A+!

i have this is soft aqua and sheer purple...really liked them...had for yrs..