Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk

3.8

Water/Aqua, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Fermented Grain Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bentonite, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol 5/29/09

on 8/9/2009 12:41:00 PM

I thought I would love this product, but I was disappointed. It's supposed to be good for dry skin, but it dried my skin out even more. It smells like bug spray. And, it didn't do a very good job of removing makeup, even though it claims to. The ingredients are wonderful, but it does contain limonene as a naturally occurring compound in the fragrance, which I've read is a possible carcinogen. Also, I found it a bit pricey (I paid about CAN$40) for a cleanser, even a natural one.

on 7/25/2009 9:20:00 AM

I have used this with a Clarisonic -- no press and roll for me -- and it works great. My skin has gotten sensitive since I started on Juice Beauty Apple Serum, so I have to move on due to the alcohol content in this. I still like to use it with the clay mask though and will go back to it if I ever stop using AHAs. Unfortunately, due to my combo/acne skin, I have got to use those.
FYI - to enjoy this product, you must use a moist washcloth to rinse off completely. For Haushka, I had a great experience ordering from Dusson and Beautorium which often have great sales. Regularly, this retails for 36 USD..

on 7/9/2009 1:39:00 PM

Fantastic product, so gentle, does not irritate my sensitive eyes, will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is the HG of all cleansers, I think its one constant in my bathroom. Although expensive the next best thing is Weleda. The cleansing milk, does a thorough job, I dont use make-up so I normally alternate this between the cleansing cream. Gentle and refreshing for my sensitive skin. Go get some! EDIT: unfortunately this is not a cost effective product for me any more, as much as I like this! Dr Hauschka is a high end range and although does wonders for my skin I simply can't maintain a routine.

on 2/9/2009 4:49:00 PM

I had a very bad experience with this product that literally left my face itching and burning (the burning would wake me up at night) worse than when I started with it (to address an irritation from another product). I read one of the reviews below and now wonder if it was the grains (I am usually good with products that have no lanolin or paraben and could not figure out why I had this reaction).

I even used the sensitive skin ampules to try and soothe my face, but after a few weeks of use I figured that the product was irritating my skin (duh).

I ended up trying the product again maybe a month or so later (after my skin calmed down) and the problem started all over again, so I tossed it.

While I know of two other people who had the exact same reaction that I did, I also know others who have used this product and loved it as much as some of the reviewers here.

Ultimately I switched all of my skin care and make up to other organic lines (Suki, Talulah, Nvey Eco) and have never had this problem again.

on 1/11/2009 10:14:00 AM

I dont use this as a cleanser per say, but mixed with the Dr H Clay Mask to stop it drying out (which it is not meant to). A Dr H esthetician recommended that i use 1 tsp of the clay mask, 2 pumps of the cleanser, 4 sprays of the clarifying toner and a couple of pumps of the lavender bath to make the perfect mask for my acne prone and inflamed skin. Works an absolute treat and really calms the skin, reduces pores - i have seen a great improvement in my skin since using this combination once or twice a week. As i am only using it in my mask it lasts ages making it really cost efficient!

on 1/9/2009 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is nice light cleansing milk,with smooth light texture.Also it makes so gentle feeling when You use it on the face,but I think this doesn't remove make up the way it should.It is not strong enough to remove foundations.I think this milk is good for cleansing face when You don't use make up,as well for people who has very sensitive skin.But,I expect from cleansing milk to make my face CLEAN,but this one doesn't do that good enough.So,I will not repurchase.

on 12/4/2008 12:27:00 PM

Smells nice enough but very expensive considering it is compleetly ineffective at removing make-up.

on 12/2/2008 1:52:00 AM

Not bad at cleaning, but it did make my skin blotchy, red and bumpy (think eczema and milia, not acne). I'm allergic to oats and there are "grain extracts" in this, so I think that is what irritated my skin.

on 10/22/2008 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a lovely gently cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling soft and also moisturised. However I think that it is a little too gentle and sometimes I feel when I use this, that I need to wash my face twice to get thoroughly clean, so for that reason I woudn't repurchase.