October 22, 2014 | 1052 users online

Cleansers - Dr. Hauschka - Cleansing Milk

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by ks123

I dont use this as a cleanser per say, but mixed with the Dr H Clay Mask to stop it drying out (which it is not meant to). A Dr H esthetician recommended that i use 1 tsp of the clay mask, 2 pumps of the cleanser, 4 sprays of the clarifying toner and a couple of pumps of the lavender bath to make the perfect mask for my acne prone and inflamed skin. Works an absolute treat and really calms the skin, reduces pores - i have seen a great improvement in my skin since using this combination once or twice a week. As i am only using it in my mask it lasts ages making it really cost efficient!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 9:16:00 AM More reviews by footballove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is nice light cleansing milk,with smooth light texture.Also it makes so gentle feeling when You use it on the face,but I think this doesn't remove make up the way it should.It is not strong enough to remove foundations.I think this milk is good for cleansing face when You don't use make up,as well for people who has very sensitive skin.But,I expect from cleansing milk to make my face CLEAN,but this one doesn't do that good enough.So,I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by lammtron

Smells nice enough but very expensive considering it is compleetly ineffective at removing make-up.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by ladyisis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not bad at cleaning, but it did make my skin blotchy, red and bumpy (think eczema and milia, not acne). I'm allergic to oats and there are "grain extracts" in this, so I think that is what irritated my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a lovely gently cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling soft and also moisturised. However I think that it is a little too gentle and sometimes I feel when I use this, that I need to wash my face twice to get thoroughly clean, so for that reason I woudn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by salsagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used the cleansing milk and toner for almost a year and love it. My skin is less dry, my skin texture is more smooth, I have less irritation, and breakouts. I have more of a glow! I do use jojoba oil at night to take off my make up first, and then the cleansing milk, because it didn't seem to remove enough make up. I love this product and usually buy several of each when Whole foods has a sale. I did switch to the Weleda's intensive almond cream due to cost and I really felt like I needed some moisturizer at night. (Dr Hauschka's rose day cream is not recommended to be used at night)

Would I buy it again. most likey. I"ve thinking about switching because of the cost, but this works so well and I have already tried so many things. I have a very challenging list of skin problems: dry, very sensitive, and acne prone. I am still considering switching to the weleda brand for cleansers and toners. Weleda got a very high rating in Germany for Natural ingredients and for some reason Dr Hauschka rated low? I had to update this review after finding out and I changed my 5 to a 4 overall.

update: I suspected that I may have even less breakouts with a cleanser that had less oil in it so I switched to Oranicare daily cleanser. Now I have almost no breakouts and my clogged pores have improved as well. So, I changed my scores. I think this is a great product for someone who is not acne prone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous cleansing milk! I use it in the evenings to remove make up (and then follow with Dr. H's Cleansing Cream) or as my facial cleanser if my skin is feeling a bit sensitive. When using as a make up remover I don't wet my face first, when on bare skin I dampen my face a bit, I massage it gently and rinse. I find with Dr. Hauschka cleansers you really need to rinse your face well in order to remove the product. Cleasing Milk soothes my skin and it looks fresh and moisturized - not tight and dry. I follow this with Clarifying Toner and if its night time - no moisturizer. The no moisturizer at night took a while to get used to, but in the morning my skin looks plump and rested - my tzone is not an oil slick!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by dreamfair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a soft cleanser for my face. My skin always look so healthy and soft after using this product I use it now for a year.
In combination with the dr haushka facial toner there is no need to use night cream anymore. Which is fantastic!

The price seems a bit high, but it goes a long way. So it's not that expensive overall

I really like the natural smell. That's something you might get used to.

What can I say: it's a natural product, it's soft, it's good, it's the best one for me, it has all I search in a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Draper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Me: n/d, 41, no allergies to nuts, some problems with sensitivity/dermatitis. Pros: Silky, clean smelling cleanser which has soothed my face all summer long without irritating a mild case of eczema/dermatitis. Removes light makeup pretty well, but I use jojoba oil too if I'm wearing eye shadow or mascara (I'm sticking to mmu b/c of the dermatitis problems). Substantial bottle, pump makes it easy to control application, clear glass means you can see when you need more product. Price: Very expensive, but you don't need much and I intend to stock up when Whole Foods has its semi-annual Hauschka sale. Cons: Many essential oils in the Hauschka range, including some derived from nuts. Probably not a great cleanser if you wear a lot of liquid makeup or eye products and aren't willing to double cleanse. May also not be cleansing enough for oilier skins. Buy again: yes. I was afraid I'd have to go on antibiotics for the dermatitis and this has really helped me avoid that so far (2 mos. or so).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by benz909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been verrrry careful on how i review products now, every since my hg cleanser, turned out it was causing whiteheads on my forehead. So i've used this for at least a year, and i havnt experienced any dryness, breakouts, increase production of oiliness, you name it. This is the cleanser i've always gone back to. The one that i always go crawling back to when all of the other one's i was trying out let me down. my homebase!

The consistency: not a heavy cream, it leans more on the light side. Think of it as a watery creamy texture. I hope that makes sense.

How it should be applied: It says to moisten your face first. I do this sometimes. i feel like the product becomes extremely diluted with the water on my face and that i can barley feel the "milk" there. At the same time, i dont mind this, infact i prefer this. Especially when im doing everything i can to not breakout.

The result: smooth, no dryness, clean and supple skin. What more could you want?