April 24, 2014 | 1968 users online

Cleansers - Dr. Hauschka - Cleansing Milk

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by benz909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been verrrry careful on how i review products now, every since my hg cleanser, turned out it was causing whiteheads on my forehead. So i've used this for at least a year, and i havnt experienced any dryness, breakouts, increase production of oiliness, you name it. This is the cleanser i've always gone back to. The one that i always go crawling back to when all of the other one's i was trying out let me down. my homebase!

The consistency: not a heavy cream, it leans more on the light side. Think of it as a watery creamy texture. I hope that makes sense.

How it should be applied: It says to moisten your face first. I do this sometimes. i feel like the product becomes extremely diluted with the water on my face and that i can barley feel the "milk" there. At the same time, i dont mind this, infact i prefer this. Especially when im doing everything i can to not breakout.

The result: smooth, no dryness, clean and supple skin. What more could you want?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 12:41:00 PM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this cleanser every evening and morning and it's great for my sensitive skin. My skin feels soft and clean afterwards and it doesn't cause any spots of redness like some other cleansers do. It's gentle and although I don't usually have any spots, they are less red the next day if I use this cleanser in the evening before I go to bed. I haven't found anything better yet, and I've used a lot of different cleaners. I prefer it to the Cleansing Cream just because it's silky in texture so easier to wash off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Mirtilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the last few years, I have tried any kind of organic cleasing milks (both high & low-ends) and I consider this cleanser one of best items on the market. The product comes in a glass bottle w/a gold pump, the milk is white in color with a pretty creamy consistency and a very light smell of lemon. My skin feels very fresh, supple and smooth every time after using it so I really couldn't be happier.
By the way, Dr. Hauschka’s range isn’t cheap and this cleanser makes no difference, but in this case it is true that the price reflects the quality of the product so don't hesitate to buy one if you are thinking about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Nefertati

This leaves my skin glowing, rosy and soft. The glass bottle is quite heavy, especially for travelling. I need quite a lot of the product, so overall it is rather expensive. Will buy again though, because nothing comes close. My skin is rather oily and has large pores, so I use the face oil as well - and the combination is really really great for my skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2008 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Mipmip

This thick cream is good for cleansing if you don't wear makeup, otherwise it is not efficient enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by esoterica7

I love everything about this! It is creamy and gentle (I use it on my eyes and it never stings), with a wonderful natural scent, and it never causes breakouts. I use this as a makeup remover in the p.m. only, and follow with the Cleansing Cream and Clarifying Toner. I start with a warm compress for a few seconds, and then spread one pump's worth of the Cleansing Milk on my face, in circular motions for a minute or so. Then I splash clean with warm water, and finally I take cotton pads and wipe my face in an upward motion until no makeup or grime appears on the pads. When I initially started using this, I would wipe my face clean with a wet washcloth after applying the Milk, but I noticed a big difference when I switched to dry cotton pads (thanks to the advice I found here!). I don't think I was getting all the makeup/dirt off with the washcloth, and, like the Cleansing Cream, I find the Milk is more effective with less water. The glass pump dispenser is great. It's so refreshing to use this, but also really effective at getting my makeup off without stripping my skin.

My acne-prone, combination skin (oily t-zone, very large pores on my cheeks, black heads everywhere), has definitely changed since starting my all-Hauschka routine about 3 months ago. And while I never thought I'd say this about a skincare line, I think you absolutely have to use all (or at least most) Dr. Hauschka products to benefit and truly change your skin. All the products compliment each other. I also think that application technique is very important with basically every Hauschka product, so you have to do some research and find what works best for you. If you're not interested in using all natural products, and can't invest time and patience (and money!!) into this (my morning, night-time, and weekly mask routines take much longer, but it really becomes a happy ritual for me because I feel like I'm taking care of myself), then they're probably not for you.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My favorite cleansing milk hands down. I prefer non-foaming cleansers because my skin is very sensitive and has a tendency to overdry. This product removes my makeup and sunscreen effectively, doesn't irritate (no rashes, bumps, or breakouts), and is the cleanser I always return to if I happen to stray and try another brand. It contains alcohol so it feels cooling on application - like a cleanser & toner in one - yet, it leaves my skin smooth, soft and hydrated enough that I don't feel the need to overload on moisturizer afterwards. I can also apply this on and around the eyelids without experiencing any stinging or blurred vision. One complaint is for the packaging - I don't like the fragile glass bottle and I have difficulty getting the product out once it gets down to ~1/4 empty. I hope they redesign the package to a squeeze tube or some sort of airtight pump like REN brand cleansers. ~~~INGREDIENTS: water * alcohol * anthyllis vulneraria extract * jojoba oil * sweet almond oil * apricot kernel oil * glycerin * fermented grain extract * cetearyl alcohol * bentonite * lecithin * xantham gum * fragrance (parfum) *limonene * geraniol * linalool * citronellol

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2008 7:57:00 AM More reviews by jaws

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ran out of my Laventine olive oil cleanser which I only use to remove my makeup. I decided to try Dr Hauschka's cleansing milk to remove my makeup since I already use the cleansing cream, clarifying toner, normalizing oil, clay mask, and facial toner. The cleansing milk left my skin feeling very oily but did remove my mascara and SheLaq on my eyelashes. It burned my eyes a little. I was able to remove the oily feeling by cleansing with the cream after makeup removal and following with my normal Dr Hauschka routine. The price was high, did what it was supposed to do, and I love the glass bottle but I don't know if I would buy this again for makeup removal.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Terrible terrible, do not buy if you have sensitivity to nuts of any kind! All these products are terrible and aggrevated my eczema so badly. The Naturopath lady was shocked at what happened to my skin using this range. I had the whole skincare line plus the makeups. cost hundreds what a waste. they say chemicals are the enemy but they have nothing on these so called natural ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by jhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Dr. Hauschka products. I have a tendency to want cleansers to leave my skin feeling stripped (which is not good). This product certainly does not do that. It leaves the skin clean and moisturized at the same time. It has a lovely, natural scent.