October 30, 2014 | 1641 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I am so late to these wonderful cloths, but I honestly can't live without one now! It gives a better exfoliation far better than those exfoliation gloves ever could, and finally I can scrub my back! I just scrunch mine up in the shower, add my shower gel, wet and give my entire body a vigorous scrub-down. It gives such a strong lather, and to use it on my back I hold it lengthways and shimmy it down my back. I like how it reduces those horrible little body bumps, and I think it gives me a much smoother shave. To finish, I rinse it out and hang it to dry, by morning/night it's completely dry and totally clean. I bought mine from eBay - joei4444 for complete authenticity since some eBay sellers are selling counterfeits! So in conclusion, you get a far better exfoliation that ever before, you can easily wash your back and it helps to eradicate those pesky skin bumps or razor burn. If you don't have one, GET ONE!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I swear, when I first used this, I could practically hear the angels sing.

My skin has been just disgustingly dry ever since I moved into a very dry, desert state. Nothing worked on it...no lotion, no bodywash, dry brushing... nothing. It was flaky and tight and uncomfortable.

And then, on a forum, someone offhandedly mentioned the Salux as a way to deal with ingrown hairs (another problem of mine). I looked at the price, and the hundreds of good reviews, and thought "Fuck it, five dollars can't hurt."

First of all, when you rub this up with a bar of soap, the lather it creates is just incredible. And unlike other loofahs I've used, it isn't already used up by the time I'm done with my legs. I love the size of it, too...I can bunch it up to scrub my arms and legs, and stretch it out to shimmy on my backside...all of which now feel like SILK, by the way. Just from using the Salux cloth. I even excitedly ran up to my boyfriend when he came home from work, making him feel how smooth my arm was. He looked at me like a freak, but hey, he can't deny it: my whole body is smooth as a baby's ass now.

Oh, and as for the ingrowns (i.e. the reason I bought this in the first place)...they're gone. Two days of use, and I was able to get rid of them all. I cannot recommend this cloth highly enough if you are a waxer or use an epilator. It's MAGIC.

EDIT: After having this for a while longer, and paying close attention to my ingrown situation, I can now say that, while this is still the best product I have found so far, it has NOT eliminated my ingrowns completely. It does lessen the amount that I get, and if I use it every day my skin still feels silky smooth, but I'm still looking at another product to see if that will get rid of my ingrowns completely. I would definitely still recommend this product in general though, it's a good exfoliator for cheap!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

How have I not reviewed this yet?! I've been using these for the last four years, and it's become so vital that I feel like something is missing if I have to shower without it.

First off, I have to have some kind of scrubby thing to exfoliate with. I used those mesh poof things forever, and they certainly get the job done. However, I couldn't reach my back with them, they were hard to rinse all of the soap out of completely (which meant they started getting gross residue on the inside after a while), and then I started seeing articles on how much bacteria they can collect if they don't get cleaned well - ugh. I saw these mentioned on some forum somewhere, and when I saw how cheap they were, I figured I'd give it a shot.

Two uses and I was converted. They are long enough to unfold and scrub your back with (same motion like you would use a regular towel to dry off with), and I noticed a dramatic decrease in back breakouts afterwards. There's a bit of a "break in" period where the cloth is very stiff and scratchy, but it softens up a little (not too much!) after several uses. They dry very quickly, so I can keep mine in the shower without it getting mildewy/moldy, and you can throw them in the wash to make sure they're good and clean.

Also? They last for-freaking-ever. The first one I had, I threw out not because it wore out, but because I had been using it for two years and I just felt like I should probably replace it. Compared to salt/sugar body scrubs and the poofs I had to throw out whenever they got gross or fell apart, I am probably saving quite a bit of money. I haven't used either of those in a few years.

If you are already using some kind of scrub or loofah regularly, I would definitely recommend these for the better value. I'd also suggest them to anyone who has rough patches or back breakouts. In any case, they are so cheap I don't feel like anyone would be losing much by giving them a try.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

So, I got this product after a recommendation from another user. I will say that it does exactly what it is supposed to do. It is a great alternative to using a shower loofah or pouf, because it can be washed more easily in the washer/dryer after several uses. Also, I like that I can use the length of the washcloth to scrub my back and legs (i.e. wrap it around).

However, after having lost this bath towel during moving, I have not repurchased. I have been doing just fine using a bristle shower brush with bamboo handle. I found the brush for the same $6 as I paid for the towel. I get better use out of a shower brush because you can really massage your skin. And honestly, how many people have time for both shower brush and this bath towel?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

MUA is like gold dust for introducing me to finds like this! I'd never heard of it, and it hadn't crossed my mind that I needed anything like it until I came across the reviews on here. It's BRILLIANT! It makes shower gel go a long long way, leaves my skin soft and smoothed, and it brilliant prep for shaving my legs.

And I have been noticing that on the days I use it (not every day, out of sheer laziness and needing to be in and out the shower in 2 mins in the mornings), but when I do use it, there's always a point in the day when I notice how soft my arms feel and wonder what moisturiser I used that morning..... None. Just this :)

Plus, a wee exfoliation treatment a few times a week has got to be good for the old circulation, yes? AND this is surely more environmentally-friendly than a grainy scrub that goes down the drain?

Total convert.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Reemyn

OMG. I'd like to say THANK YOU, Ladies. Your useful reviews convinced me to get this cloth. And it is the most amazing scrubby thing I've ever had. Actually I prefer this over dry body brushing (DBB). DBB is time-consuming, scratchy and way overhyped IMO. This cloth leaves your skin silky and smooth. I use it 3-4 times a week in the shower, and when my body is still damp I put on different natural oils. Finally the bumps are gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by finzi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't really add anything new here! I think it's a great product - simple and effective. And cheap, when compared to all the money I could be spending on body scrubs etc.

Great for travelling because even if you pack it when it's still wet, it won't smell musty when you unpack it again.

I shimmy into mine in the shower, shakin' my booty to get it smooth. ;-)

When I want to be gentler on my skin, I just let it skim over, without pressing or scrubbing, and I have no problems whatsoever with it. I can even use it (very gently) on my face whenever I feel I need a little gentle exfoliation. Bear in mind that I also use retinoids (tretinoin) , so saying that I can use the Salux on my face is really a testament to how gently it can be applied when necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by MYovanka

Absolutely fantastic.Today ,I bought in Saluxshop.com for my son uses.They have wonderful price and free shipping.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by sillychicken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Using this before I shave helps me get really smooth legs so the razor glides better and less chance of nicks. That's important to me because having KP makes it easier for me to cut myself due to my skin being bumpy on my legs, but this cloth smoothes the roughness away. I also get a closer shave when I shave underarms as well. I use this cloth all over my body and it makes my skin so smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not sure what I can say about this that hasn't already been stated in the 300+ previous reviews but I do love it immensely. It allows me to reach every square inch of my body and leaves my skin feeling super soft. It lathers up nicely, is wonderfully exfoliating, rinses cleanly and dries quickly. Nothing but high praises - I recommend and will definitely repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No