Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

4.8

Nylon 60% Polyester 40%

on 12/17/2013 1:37:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I just discovered these on MUA a few weeks ago and ordered two from the Salux dealer in Calif. Two for $10 including shipping. Made in Japan. I wouldn't call them a bath towel, nor a washcloth. They are 35 inches long and 11 inches wide. They do a bang-up job of scrubbing my back and butt, and are making the rough bumpy areas on my arms, elbows, legs and feet feel much smoother. I've been using a lot of lather but will use less to increase the friction as my skin gets used to it. I'm going to order more as gifts. I usually roll mine up in my damp bath towel to dry then hang it beside my towel, ready for my next shower. I can see that mildew wont be an issue with these because they really dry fast. Thanks everyone for your positive reviews, I love Makeup Alley!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this after reading the exemplary reviews on a beauty blog and on MUA. I use it on my legs which are always dry and my upper arms and back which are acne prone. On my legs it does leave my skin softer but my dry brush was doing that as well. But to me the best thing was that the parts of my body that tend to attract ingrained dirt seemed much cleaner but it's still hard to reach spots like the middle of your back. I also like that it dries fast. I am counting on it not disintegrating after a few uses like most poufs do. It seems sturdy enough.

Edit: I've been using it for 6 months now and it's still in perfect condition despite some fairly vigorous scrubbing. My back acne is much better as well.

on 12/3/2013 10:33:00 AM

This really is a great bath towel if you're into exfoliating. I use it twice a week (never on the face) and it gives me such soft and glowing skin before I put lotion on. But the lotion just glides and absorbs beautifully. I also dry brush before every shower to boost my lymphatic system and I think using this towel only helps stimulate it even more.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I don't know how I ever thought my skin was soft before I used this cloth. Those little meshy poof things and fancy body scrubs are NOTHING compared to the Salux, which is deliciously scratchy and capable of some badass exfoliation.The first time I used it, I felt like my skin was going to split open! However, within a week I was used to the sensation and will now scrub away quite happily. I use this in the mornings - It really wakes up my mind and body and gets my circulation going.

Because it dries so quickly (like 20 minutes, tops) the Salux is way more sanitary than anything else, but it's machine washable if you want that extra peace of mind. Apparently it lasts well for years too.

I've been using this religiously for 2 months and the results have been wonderful. Besides the all over baby-soft skin, my shaves are closer and the KP on the back of my upper arms has practically disappeared. There aren't any bumps left at all, just a few red dots which I'm pretty sure will vanish eventually. My skin is always smooth and soft now even without body lotion (which takes it to a whole different level, but isn't necessary if you use a moisturising soap with your Salux).

I bought a pack of 2 from the online Salux Shop (do NOT order off ebay or Amazon, too many fakes) and was over the moon with the customer service I received. Shipping was free from the US to South Africa and my package took about 2 weeks to arrive, which is pretty reasonable for most internationally shipped stuff. Joie (the lady in charge of the online shop) even included a lovely, personally signed little note.

Really, I can find nothing negative to say about this product. Just a reliable, affordable way to get smooth, soft skin. IMO everyone should have one of these little cloths in their shower.

on 11/27/2013 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love these. There is nothing that makes you feel better than going for a good steam or soak, having a good sweat and scrubbing all the dead skin off with these. Clears the mind and the body!

on 11/26/2013 11:53:00 PM

I'm currently in my mid to late 30s (37 years old) and have been using this towel since I was at least 15. It is the best wash cloth for your body-EVER! Some people find it too rough, but I like the texture. (I think they make. It in different textures too!) When I use it, I feel like my body is actually clean! I love that it dries extremely quickly, so you don't have a mildew-like smell when you use it the next day. You should definitely try it!

on 11/18/2013 5:08:00 PM

I absolutely love these bath towels. They do such a great job of lathering up and exfoliating your skin. They also make it easy to get at hard to reach areas like the middle of your back. They feel much more hygienic than a loofah, give them a shot!

on 11/3/2013 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Decent product.

I do like apply soap with this.

It exfoliates nicely but it isn't face worthy.

Price is reasonable and it eliminates the need to purchase a body scrub.

It does a good job but I think I like the shower puff better

on 9/25/2013 1:37:00 PM

Great for your everyday shower! Very inexpensive too!

on 9/14/2013 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I've been using these for about 15 years now. Discovered them in an Asian supermarket and fell in love. I have seriously dry skin and go for Korean exfoliation scrubs about every other month. These help in between to keep the flaking to a minimum. Make sure to hang to dry after use so they don't stay damp.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools