December 21, 2014 | 1887 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by nadiagee

I love this product! It gives my face very good coverage and hides my dark spots even zits. I apply it on top my concealer but i do not need to put on foundation. It is good for everyday wear and I definitely recommend it to someone who is looking for something not too light or heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by eanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally writing a review after years of using this!

A little background: I'm acne prone/combo, broken capillaries, sensitive to whatever I stick on my face. Also using Differin and Erythromycin 2% topical for acne. I use CeraVe moisturizer (no spf) as a primer, and cleanse with Cetaphil. If I need extra moisture, I use Clinique Moisture Surge Intense at night (too tacky for day use).

I use a very soft EcoTools Kabuki brush to apply. Almost Powder looks mostly natural and stays put for about 8 hours in the office, then I blot/touch up some shine before I leave or before going to dinner. It can settle in to lines a bit, but not enough to upset me. I prefer powders, light to medium coverage, and it does well. I can get away with very little concealer using it.

Overall, my only complain is the color matching. 03 Light is a smidgen dark/pink for me, and 02 is ok in the winter only (with lots of moisture so I don't look like a ghost with it).

After trying so many different powder foundations (my apologies to Ulta), I keep coming back to my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Very pleased with this purchase. I actually got this because my cousin (who was staying over) had gorgeous glowing and healthy skin--or seemed to have.
All days she had kohl on...but sometimes she looked incredible, and sometimes just normal. So she told me that she was using this Clinique powder and some eyeliner on the "awesome" days. So I got this and it's awesome. I thought Diorskin nude sculpting powder was great, but I think i prefer this. It makes my skin look good. My acne marks disappear, but there's no cakiness. It's finely milled, just like the Dior powder. I use the provided sponge.
Btw you need to get a good colour match. The lady matched me to neutral and neutral fair --but I tried on medium just in case, and it matched better than the other two. The other two looked kinda obvious and ugly, and this one was invisible.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I bought this pressed powder recently to set my foundation and I absolutely hate it. It is so powdery, not finely milled and leaves you with a matte finish- and not a nice matte finish but a literal dead looking matte finish. Even with a the lightest hand on a powder brush, using next to no product, this made me look so cakey and like I had so much foundation and powder on my face. Now I know Clinique is notorious for their hypoallergenic products but just as a warning, the second I put this on my face my skin got all itch and bumpy which has never happened to me with any cosmetic. Lastly though you could call this a low blow point, the packaging of this powder and basically all Clinique products is horrible. It makes me feel like I raided my grandmas reject makeup bag from the 1960's. Come on Clinique.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by erappelt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just recently switched my powder after getting over the whole bare minerals fad. I love it. It has great coverage without feeling too cakey, and I'm glad that it does not at all contribute to acne, which I was concerned about when switching my make-up. So far so good, and it's the same price as a bare mineral foundation with smoother coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by teardrop78

I use this to set foundations, and I love it! It's sheer enough to not look cakey on me, and on good skin days, I can just use this with some concealer and I'm good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by irvinjon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome! awesome! I have an acne prone skin and its the best powder foundation I ever used. first of all its a natural finish and the best thing is it doesnt break me out..
1.)i never even feel that im wearing make up...
2.)it gives me a flawless finish without the cakey looking..
3.)its very natural looking and no one would detect that your wearing makeup ...

(I use this at school and my skin is flawlesly beautiful because of this!) i bought 3 of this because im so contented and happy :) thanks clinique mwaaa

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The color selection is awful and the overall packaging is tacky. I would think clinique would come up with something classy and sleek. Anyways, my skin looked ashy and dull. Oil control was awful with this and I looked like a hot mess within 4 hours. Returning this tomorrow.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by ksurya89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product creates a beautiful finish- but beware if you have oily or acne-prone skin. I think this product is mispackaged and thus often mis-sold at lots of Clinique counters- it's not necessarily meant to be a setting powder so much as an actual foundation in and of itself. When I visited the counter, I told the assistant that I wanted a light coverage powder simply to set my foundation. She handed me this, presumably for the "almost" title. I may not have had the best counter experience, but this assistant completely failed to mention that the product is a powder foundation and can/should be worn alone. I loved the finish in the store, but when I tried it over my foundation at home I looked cakey, a little oily, and very "made up." Within two days, I was experiencing severe breakouts. Needless to say, I went back to Macy's and exchanged for the Oil Free Sheer Matte Clinique powder, with which I have had MUCH better results. A lot of people with oily skin have posted here saying how much they love the product, and it's definitely possible... my skin might just be very acne-prone, or perhaps they were using it as a standalone makeup without a foundation underneath. Either way, this product is NOT oil-free, so if you are wary about putting things like that on your face, stay away!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by TiniD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its the absolutely best powder product on the market! I had everything, from Chanel to MAC, Bobbi Brown and Dior and Lancome ... I even tried out every single powder from Clinique and this is the best powder I ever had in my life.
It has good coverage but looks absolutely natural. You can use it to set your make up or for touching up on the go. The formula is just perfect. Theres nothing even close to be not so good about it.