Ecotools bamboo eye shading brush

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I love most of the other ecotools brushes and if you need a basic set for basic everyday make up then this one is acceptable, however if you want to blend, use pigment or create a dramatic look, this is not the eyeshadow brush for you.

The brush is not stiff enough to pat on dramatic color and not soft enough the blend in the crease etc. what it does do is sweep on some color for a subtle look or applies concealer or primer well :)

I do like using brushes that can guarantee no animal hair has been used however...

on 2/25/2010 10:52:00 PM

this brush is horrible for a eyeshadow brush, it did not pick up any powder at all!!!.. instead i use it as a concealer brush.. but i will not buy again ..

on 2/25/2010 8:36:00 PM

I don't know how anyone can use this for powder shadow---cream shadows yes, but powder? It doesn't pick up any powder, and is far too stiff to blend anything. As for the whole eco friendly stuff, perhaps the brush itself is, but the packaging sure isn't. It was packed in a plastic reseable pouch, but inside the pouch it was lined with bamboo cloth and cardboard. That's a whole lot of packaging for an eco friendly company if you ask me.

on 2/7/2010 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
environmentally friendly
relatively inexpensive
sturdy
very soft
does not shed or bleed
good for packing on color

Cons:
too dense and hard for an eyeshadow brush
better as a concealer brush

I would only use this for packing on color and concealing. Probably will not purchase

Will not repurchase. I have not used the brush in MONTHS! I probably won't again either, unless all my other eyeshaodw brushes are dirty. Like anothe MUAer said, it does not pick up eyeshadow that good.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I hated this brush, a total waste of money. It is so hard and so smooth it wont pickup color. The only time I ever use this is if I use cream colors

on 12/14/2009 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know why so many people like this brush, it is absolutely terrible at picking up colour. It feels almost slippery. The tip isn't too bad for applying colour in the crease, but in general I do not like this at all. Thankfully it was cheap so it doesn't really bother me that much and I guess it's alright to have as a back up. Would definitely not repurchase though.

Decent brush for the price and considering its cruelty free. I'm happy I that I bought it but on the downside the brush doesnt pick up alot of color so its not the brush to use if you just want to pack on color. I don't use this brush too much but when I do it works great on the lower lashline or the inner corners of the eye. Very soft bristles.

Really like this brush, atm I'm using it as a mineral concealer brush as I have my MAC 239 for my eyes. Picks up product well, finely bristled and the bamboo handle is very nice.
Would purchase again.

on 11/17/2009 3:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is one of the best brushes a girl can have for everyday makeup application. The reasons for this are manifold-
Firstly, they are not expensive - this means you can whip your eyeshadow on in the mornings and run out the door and not feel guilty for not washing your "expnsive(!)" brushes because you didn't have time because you slept in and anyway, you'll most likely wear similar shades to work tomorrow, etc...

Well this is the way I work in the mornings...Also, they are recycled and animal friendly so I don't feel morally torn by using these brushes on a day to day basis. This brush is absolutely amazing when it comes to blending and shading. I use it on an everyday basis and after 1 8 months of use (and abuse, see above) it is only starting to lose it's efficiency. I give this brush a big thumbs up for cost, environmental impact and moral soundness. Absolutely love it and when I bury my first one, it will be a moment of reflection as to how useful it was and how many looks it created for me. Now I must be off...I need to go to priceline and buy another awesome brush.

Popular Makeup Brushes