November 27, 2014 | 1502 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

I don't like this primer at all, mostly because of the coloring. I mean, it's orange. I bought it in 001, which is supposed to be a neutral shade, but it comes out as way too dark and warm for my skin. The color doesn't fade, either. It sticks around and oxidizes. I don't find it does much in keeping my makeup in place as long as my other primers, and for the overall look, it's just not worth it. I've been on the hunt for a great drugstore primer for awhile, and this is not it. If you want a cheaper alternative, try the Revlon Photoready version. It's colorless, smooth and will keep your makeup in place for at least half the day (on oily skin). I wanted to like this, but it was a HUGE flop for me. I'm giving it to a friend with darker, warmer-toned skin. On fair girls, it's a disaster.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by diamond479

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have a warm skin tone like me, do NOT buy this primer! I bought it after seeing '001' on the tube, thinking it was either white or clear. It is actually a dark orange/red colour. While it isn't too visible on the skin, it does add an even warmer tone to my skin, which I don't exactly need (I'm an NW25). In terms of staying power, I find that it doesn't do much in comparison to just using moisturiser alone. Overall, I'm not too happy about this primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by sanaa3300

Okay so I'll make this short and quick; it really depends on which primer you're getting. The 001 is drying, sticks to every dry patch, the lasting power is slightly below average, and overall - not worth your money. The 002 on the other hand is definitely a better buy, smoothes well, it's not as drying, probably better for oiler skin types though, and has great lasting power. I still wouldn't rate the 002 as great as my brand primers (AKA lancome la base or smashbox). I'm more likely to use those primers on special days, but the Rimmel primer is good for casual long days since it's at such a decent price. And on that note - I'll also add that the Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer is an extremely good primer, slightly better than the 002 in my opinion but it is a bit more expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Oliviack

This product did somewhat help even out my skin tone, however it made no difference (if not worsened) the "lasting" foundation aspect it claims to do.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Haley_Comet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh - doesn't do much at all - won't repurchase....no point.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by eteix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this primer because I had never used primer before, and it was the least expensive option. The first thing I noticed was that it came out of the tube a peach/orange color. I knew from pictures of more costly primers that it should probably be clear. I don't understand why they sold it in this color when very few people are orange-skinned. Anyway, I tried it and just was not impressed. My foundation applied a bit more smoothly and some of my pores were masked, but there was no continued staying power. It was also frustrating to wait for the primer to dry and set in before using foundation. I kept it in my makeup collection, but I noticed that I almost never want to use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Babymutt01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am fair skinned. I went to get a primer and found this. I knew there were a lot of good reviews on this so I wanted to try this out. When I saw the product out of the tube it was orange!! I am fair skinned so that is a big NO for me. I thought maybe it wouldn't look bad on my skin so I used it in tiny amounts. It looked like an oxidized foundation!!! It is not gonna work for me. Also, it has a strange smell to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ajewelofgod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this primer and only use it on special occasions as I found this primer to go on best on top of my concealer. As strange as it sounds it doesn't work that great under neath my concealer or tinted moisturizer. But I also can wear it alone on days when I'm running errands. But I wouldn't repurchase as it is my first face primer. Will be trying other primers when I use this up.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by ohtea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The only foundation primer I used so far is Rimmel's Fix and Perfect. The colour of it is not to be a threat as it is an apricot shade, it does blend invisibly and leaves the skin feeling quite soft and smooth. It definitely holds on to the foundation well and keeps it lasting almost all day. The packaging is your standard cream plastic bottle and for some odd reason I like the light scent it has.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by xxAnjelicaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I give it a 3 instead of a 5 because when putting it on my face, it did take a few minutes to let it dry and set, why I took off 2 stars, also with the fact that the consistency is a lot like lotion and thinner..or less silicon-y than other primers which at first scared me and I thought it would not work and not cover anything. It's not as thick as some higher end primers that I prefer so it doesn't seem to last as long as an under eye primer, so if you have severe looking pores, or noticeable fine lines this won't do the job. It's pretty great, however- and does the job for me, not as thick and heavy duty and blurs imperfections like Avon Magix primer, or Smashbox Studio Finish primer, but this a great, light weight, non greasy, cheap, non pore clogging or acnegenic primer, doesn't coat with a layer like others but definitely leaves skin smoother. I used the shade 002 (non tinted, regular white/clear one) and this is a product I would and will definitely rebuy. It's cheap compared to other DS primer..this was $8 and around $7-$8 here, a lot of the other drugstore primers I see are $11-$13 a tube/jar, they don't do shit, smear off, and break me out or make my makeup oxidize, Fix & Perfect is also super kind on my super sensitive, acne plagued skin so I can't live without a primer, although a lot of primers irritate my skin. Will recommend this to anyone who needs a inexpensive primer that's effective on younger or more normal skin types.