April 18, 2014 | 1119 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 3:12:00 AM More reviews by sweetness10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this mascara! It lengthens, thickens, separates, defines and curls my lashes perfectly and best of all it doesn't smudge! My lower lashes curl so that when I blink they touch my lower lid, so I've always had problems finding a mascara that doesn't leave me with panda-eyes by the end of the day - but this one stays put! I only need one coat of this mascara. The consistency is ideal too, because it's not too sticky and not too dry - it's just right!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by lele312

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love how it makes my lashes look, but after a few hours it flakes like crazy getting in my eyes and irritating them.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by miaroseamarie

I find this mascara to be the best I've used so far. It does what it claims to do - doesn't smudge and lengthens eyelashes.

I apply two to three coats and then curl my eyelashes when the mascara is fully dried. This way, my eyelashes are more curled than when the opposite procedure is done. I also apply the mascara on my bottom lashes. This is the only mascara I've ever been able to use on my bottom lashes because this really, doesn't smudge or clump.

As for washing it off, it comes off very easily with running water and blinking my eyelashes against my index finger. Funny procedure, but I find this way to be less harsh on my eyelashes (:

Another thing I like about this mascara, is the fact that it won't run when I cry or sweat a lot. The hot and humid weather doesn't seem to affect its effectiveness either.

The only downside I can think of, is that its holding power doesn't stay for as long as I'd like to. After coming home from school, my eyelashes are completely flat. But it could possibly be due to the weather we have here as well I'm not 100% sure.

As for those who find it to be irritating for their eyes, I suggest you to apply the mascara without touching the inner lids. I used to have this problem until I stopped applying as close to the lids as possible.

I would definitely recommend this to those of you who are looking who would like to try something new for a change. It's not too expensive, nor is it too cheap, but since I'm really happy with this so far, I will definitely repurchase once I'm finished using this tube ^-^

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Csarina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I went back to this last week, after a break when I tried loootttss of other mascaras, and I love it again. The length is breathtaking, and it lasts and I don't find it clumpy. I went on to Sumptious for a while and I thought it was great, but now I think this is better, the best I have tried for ages.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by annqay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice everyday-mascara (adds more legth than volume). It can handle quite a lot of rain without running or smudging. At the same time it is easy to remove with my usual cleanser (which - oddly enough - works far better than the EL eye makeup remover I had as a gift coming along with the mascara).
The only critique I have is that sometimes small particles come into my eyes which are pretty sensitive and turn red within seconds. But I assume that this problem is related to the "waterproofness" of the mascara - I noticed this performance nearly everytime I chose waterproof ones - and mostly it was far worse than this mascara. All in all a good lengthening mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I do like estee's mascaras, but I don't care for this one.
It is a new fresh tube, but the product flakes like crazy!

I've tried wiping the wand, separating my lashes when they are wet, separating when dry, using a lash primer first, not using a primer, using only one coat, using 2 coats..........still flakes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Denamarief

Awesome mascara! I've tried every mascara from lauder and this is by far my fav.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I also received this as a GWP. It's one big goopy gross mess. Honestly, this might be the worst mascara I've ever worked with. Fail.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by SoWhatWhoCares

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a mini tube of this in a GWP, and I hate it.

It makes my lashes spikey and spidery and they stick together, plus it dries so fast I can't comb it out before it gets hard. I've noticed that when I do use a metal lash comb after applying this, that it rips some lashes out by the root!!

The only upside is that it is, indeed, smudge free.

I'm throwing this away, and I almost never, ever throw out a fresh mascara. This is not even worth keeping in the bottom of my gym back just in case.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by ellejs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this GWP and I didn't really rate it because it flakes. It didn't volumize at all but it did lengthen a little. I though it made my lashes look spidery too so I won't be purchasing as it was unimpressive for the price.