October 24, 2014 | 1866 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 4:41:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVED this mascara. I have tried them all: Dior's DiorShow, Lancome's Hynose, Armani's Eyes to Kill, and had so far been unimpressed. I had just resigned to the fact that I'd always be using Maybelline Great Lash. Then I was given a sample of this: it gave me super length and some added volume without smudge, and it's a breeze to remove, it just flakes off. My eyes are usually quite sensitive to makeup products, and I never had a problem with this. I wouldn't say it's a holy grail product, but I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this mascara for its delivery on the promise of keeping me smudge free during the day and it provides a little lift too. This won't provide much added volume but I can use another mascara underneath this for that purpose. If I apply a thin layer of this as a finishing touch, I can rest assured that I can go through the day or have a nap without getting smudges on my brow bone. I wear a high PPD sunblock and the grease from that can break through and cause most mascaras to smudge on me but not this one! Estee Lauder has considered what irritates busy women and has freed us from the time consuming need to keep checking for smudges and wiping the smears away.

N.B: I've marked the packaging down a point as all wands should have something in the rim to wipe away excess and save the waste of
having to wipe it away on a tissue.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by ellietabs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wear contact lenses and I also swim daily. I have struggled to find a mascara that can cope with this! However, Estee Lauder's double wear (both lengthening and curling) have come to my rescue. Yes, they flake, so some work needed with the lash comb before I leave home and they are pricey, but hey, I'd rather spend the money on a product that meets my needs. No issue with my contacts and no panda eyes after swimming. Works for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Gabbycabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really liked the blackest black colour, but it made my eyes sting and red so it's a big no no from me

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this, and it seemed promising initially.

To be brief, I'll just name what I find to be the pros and cons of Zero Smudge.

Pros:

-made by a cruelty-free company
-very black

-lengthens well

-small brush

-stays on *great,* true to its name

Cons:

-expensive

-looks heavy

-doesn't impart any volume

The pros do outweigh the cons, but the high price and heavy look are "deal-breakers" for me, so I'm going back to MAC! I'm glad I tried this, but there are better mascaras out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2011 5:28:00 AM More reviews by kitkat73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used tubing mascaras for a decade - so the concept is hardly new to me and I have some basis for comparison. I was going to repurchase ModelCo Lashxtend mascara (my favourite tubing mascara along with Clinique's version) when this product had just come out, and the SA convinced me to try it.

There really is nothing I like about this, so this will be a list of cons:

smell - strong chemical smell that makes my eyes water.
brush - too big for this type of mascara IMO - lots of clumps.
consistency - too wet - makes my lashes stick together and takes a long time to dry. Makes my lashes very stiff.
staying power - terrible, this flakes badly throughout the day and the flakes irritate my eyes.

actually, one pro, but this goes for any tubing mascara - it's at least easily removed (what's left of it.) Also, the black is really black and rich.

I tried this several times - sometimes a mascara that is too wet improves when it dries out a little - but this didn't. I tried it with a primer, and using a different brush. It didn't really help much. Most of the tubing mascaras give a pretty natural look without huge volume or length - I imagine if you can make this work it will give more volume - but I could never even apply a second layer of this because the clumping was so bad.

Conclusion: there are so many of these mascaras on the market now that there's absolutely no reason for me to repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Kh1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have absolutly nothing bad to say about this mascara at all. it legnthens, seperates, thickens massivly without any clumps or falling bits or smudging. I use the black colour and it is a very dark black which i love!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Mathisk

I think they changed the formula on this one. I am on my 2nd tube now and three days into it i feel like i am using an old dried up tube of mascara. I am done with this product i was buying for a while now. I hate when companies do this. Used to be a great mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 3:12:00 AM More reviews by sweetness10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this mascara! It lengthens, thickens, separates, defines and curls my lashes perfectly and best of all it doesn't smudge! My lower lashes curl so that when I blink they touch my lower lid, so I've always had problems finding a mascara that doesn't leave me with panda-eyes by the end of the day - but this one stays put! I only need one coat of this mascara. The consistency is ideal too, because it's not too sticky and not too dry - it's just right!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by lele312

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love how it makes my lashes look, but after a few hours it flakes like crazy getting in my eyes and irritating them.