Bourjois rose d'or

4.1

TALC, MICA, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENTONITE, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, SILICA, CI 15850 (RED 6 LAKE), LANOLIN ALCOHOL, CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, AMMONIUM SILVER ZINC ALUMINUM SILICATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DEXTRIN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BHT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CITRIC ACID Updated as of November 14, 2011

I purchased this blush due to an offer in the shop (3 for 2 on selected bourjois lines) I never tried any drugstore blushes and gave it a shot. I wanted to compare how different they are to a high end brand. I took a while to pick the right colour and swatched a few shades on the back of my hand. When applied onto the cheeks, the result is gorgeous. It is a light pink with a glowing golden shimmer which enhances the cheeks and makes them appear healthier. It also looks matte but the shimmer is very sheer and just highlights the cheeks perfectely. I must say that applying the product is abit trickier as it doesnt glide as smooth as other blushes I have tried in the past. You have to make sure you blend abit more and use a light hand when dipping the brush into the pan of the product as it seems like the blush will harden up within a few uses. If that happens then it might start to annoy me as I have to spend extra time geting the product out of its base. Overall the packaging is very cute (small and pink) what more can you ask for :) Comparing the bourjois blush to a more expensive brands is not hard to do and I truly believe that it doesnt look any different to any high end brands when applied onto the cheeks apart from the packaging ofcourse. Finally I believe this blush would suit any skin types as its not greasy nor very matte and so far didnt break out my super sensitive skin.

on 9/21/2009 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the favorate Bourjois blush among the 8-10 that I have. Its light pink is melted with golden shimmer, gives cheeks soft and healthy glow. Cute and not affected.

on 4/18/2009 10:52:00 AM

I don't think this tone of pink suits me. It doesn't give me a natural flushed look, it looks very fake on me, which is why i can never use it on it's own. I only use it if i want to add a little pink to my bronzer or something. I dont really like the packaging either, the blush particles flicks out of the little pot when i swirl my brush around. I wont be buying this again.

on 4/16/2009 10:14:00 PM

I'm pretty new when it comes to blush, this was first blush purchase. I don't really use it much as i usually do smokey eyes or bright red lips, both looks don't look too good with blush on me. This is great for when i am doing neither though, on a normal day when i'm fairly au naturale.

It's a pretty pink colour that looks similar to the natural flush i have in my cheeks which is great, and the subtle gold sheen brightens the face when i am feeling worse for wear.

I haven't had any trouble with it being too hard which some reviewers have noticed, it seems fine though i don't know if this develops over time. I'm not sure about the brush like others, i have to be careful i don't end up with OTT bright pink cheeks. Doesn't last that long but most blushes don't on me because i forget i have make up on and wipe my face.

The product itself is lovely as it wakes the face up with a golden sheen and a gentle natural pink colour.

on 3/13/2009 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is probably my all time favorite blush. I'm fair with dark brown hair and this compliments my coloring perfectly. I took a lippie off because of the hardness. You really have to scrub your brush on there to get the color. But it's gorgeous! I love how you can't see giltters on your face even up close, but it still makes you luminous. Looks natural no matter how much you put on, even in direct sunlight. The adorable girly fragrance is delightful. Doesn't irritate my skin at all. Love it! I had to go to two different Ulta's to buy it, I'm not sure if Ulta won't carry it anymore or not. But if anyone knows what's going on with that let me know so I can stock up.

on 2/10/2009 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Finally found an Ulta store that had this blush again. I do love Bourjois blush, well a lot of their products, and it is a real shame they are being discontinued. I hate it! Back to rose d'or. This is a classic color that is so beautiful with so many different eye shadow combinations. The fragrance is lovely which adds to it's beauty. The cute little brush is just that, cute, but useless. Kind of like the mirror. ;-) Nice cute addition, but pretty useless as far as being able to see in it. LOL None the less, I love rose d'or, and should probably stock up on Bourjois blush when I find more of the colors I love.

on 2/5/2009 12:03:00 PM

Very expensive for the amount you get, but it's a lovely pink colour and shimmery too. I'm not really on to use blushers because i love just looking pale, but sometimes when I want to look like i've got a bit of colour in my cheeks, I use this and it works wonders.

on 11/30/2008 10:29:00 PM

This blush is my favorite for the spring and summertime when I want a flushed, rosy glow. The little container is so cute, and it is the exact same color as the product inside (minus the sparkle of course). This is a candy pink color with gold sparkle--perfect for daytime and nighttime. I love it.

on 11/20/2008 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this quite a while ago, mainly because the price is good and the shade looks lovely.

It is such a flattering colour, but I do have some complaints - it wears off so I have to touch up about twice a day. It doesn't blend very well even when using a top quality brush, it still looks a little uneven. But you don't really notice unless you are right in the mirror. Smells quite nice, and is not too powdery or cakey!

However for a basic blusher on more natural days, this has gone really well. I still use it quite often. The little pot (too cute!) has lasted ages without going icky.

But! Don't even bother with the little brush inside, unless you want clown cheeks!

on 11/12/2008 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Whoa. I just bought this on midseasonsales and I'm wowed. I had been looking for a new blush for ages and after reading the good reviews I decided to try it. I was a bit worried when I saw what it looked like in the package because it looked extremely shimmery! But when I applied it it just gave me a nice glow without looking fake. It looks very natural and one sweep does the trick for me. I'm very pale with blonde hair and blue eyes and this is perfect for me. It is buildable but with me that looks a bit weird so I'll stick with one sweep. The package is a bit tricky at first but once you get the hang of it it's allright, just dont use too much force. On the whole a lovely blush, will definetly repurchase and try other colors of this.

Popular Blush Products