December 19, 2014 | 1587 users online

Blush - Bourjois - rose d'or

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

I don't think this tone of pink suits me. It doesn't give me a natural flushed look, it looks very fake on me, which is why i can never use it on it's own. I only use it if i want to add a little pink to my bronzer or something. I dont really like the packaging either, the blush particles flicks out of the little pot when i swirl my brush around. I wont be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by muffinphonic

I'm pretty new when it comes to blush, this was first blush purchase. I don't really use it much as i usually do smokey eyes or bright red lips, both looks don't look too good with blush on me. This is great for when i am doing neither though, on a normal day when i'm fairly au naturale.

It's a pretty pink colour that looks similar to the natural flush i have in my cheeks which is great, and the subtle gold sheen brightens the face when i am feeling worse for wear.

I haven't had any trouble with it being too hard which some reviewers have noticed, it seems fine though i don't know if this develops over time. I'm not sure about the brush like others, i have to be careful i don't end up with OTT bright pink cheeks. Doesn't last that long but most blushes don't on me because i forget i have make up on and wipe my face.

The product itself is lovely as it wakes the face up with a golden sheen and a gentle natural pink colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by 3lizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is probably my all time favorite blush. I'm fair with dark brown hair and this compliments my coloring perfectly. I took a lippie off because of the hardness. You really have to scrub your brush on there to get the color. But it's gorgeous! I love how you can't see giltters on your face even up close, but it still makes you luminous. Looks natural no matter how much you put on, even in direct sunlight. The adorable girly fragrance is delightful. Doesn't irritate my skin at all. Love it! I had to go to two different Ulta's to buy it, I'm not sure if Ulta won't carry it anymore or not. But if anyone knows what's going on with that let me know so I can stock up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

Finally found an Ulta store that had this blush again. I do love Bourjois blush, well a lot of their products, and it is a real shame they are being discontinued. I hate it! Back to rose d'or. This is a classic color that is so beautiful with so many different eye shadow combinations. The fragrance is lovely which adds to it's beauty. The cute little brush is just that, cute, but useless. Kind of like the mirror. ;-) Nice cute addition, but pretty useless as far as being able to see in it. LOL None the less, I love rose d'or, and should probably stock up on Bourjois blush when I find more of the colors I love.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by chinaxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very expensive for the amount you get, but it's a lovely pink colour and shimmery too. I'm not really on to use blushers because i love just looking pale, but sometimes when I want to look like i've got a bit of colour in my cheeks, I use this and it works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by francescacaca

I just got one of the vintage packaging versions of this blusher from asos.com. I haven't used bourjois for years but thought i'd try this one out seen as it had such lovely packaging.

(Firstly, be warned if you order anything from asos that they package orders really badly, and this was just thrown into a large box and left to roll around. thankfully it arrived in one piece but i wouldn't order anything too delicate from them)

anyway, back to the blusher, this is a lovely bright pink with gold shimmers. the product comes in a dome shape and you get 2.5g, which actually isn't that great value really.....considering that mac blushers are 6g and cost 13 and this is 2.5g for 6.25. (and bourjois is a drugstore brand in the uk) having said that, i've never hit the pan of a powder blush so even 2.5g of product is going to last for a long time.

I apply mine with a mac 116 and it gives a lovely pop of colour, (the brush it comes with is pretty useless.) lasting power is pretty good and at the end of the day my cheeks still have a notable amount of blush.

Overall i think this is a great little blush, it has a mirror in the compact, which is always a bonus in my opinion, it smells gorgeous (kind of like powdery sweets) i'd actually wear this scent as a perfume i like it so much, but if you're not into fragranced products them i'd avoid this one, as the scent does tend to linger.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by skysobleu

This blush is my favorite for the spring and summertime when I want a flushed, rosy glow. The little container is so cute, and it is the exact same color as the product inside (minus the sparkle of course). This is a candy pink color with gold sparkle--perfect for daytime and nighttime. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Bartley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this quite a while ago, mainly because the price is good and the shade looks lovely.

It is such a flattering colour, but I do have some complaints - it wears off so I have to touch up about twice a day. It doesn't blend very well even when using a top quality brush, it still looks a little uneven. But you don't really notice unless you are right in the mirror. Smells quite nice, and is not too powdery or cakey!

However for a basic blusher on more natural days, this has gone really well. I still use it quite often. The little pot (too cute!) has lasted ages without going icky.

But! Don't even bother with the little brush inside, unless you want clown cheeks!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Xdevilisious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Whoa. I just bought this on midseasonsales and I'm wowed. I had been looking for a new blush for ages and after reading the good reviews I decided to try it. I was a bit worried when I saw what it looked like in the package because it looked extremely shimmery! But when I applied it it just gave me a nice glow without looking fake. It looks very natural and one sweep does the trick for me. I'm very pale with blonde hair and blue eyes and this is perfect for me. It is buildable but with me that looks a bit weird so I'll stick with one sweep. The package is a bit tricky at first but once you get the hang of it it's allright, just dont use too much force. On the whole a lovely blush, will definetly repurchase and try other colors of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2008 3:30:00 AM More reviews by gina2685

This blush is one of the cutest cheap things you can buy out there. My obsession with Bourjois blushes started around 6 years ago. I own and adore many HE blushes (Chanel, Lancome, Nars etc...) but Bourjois is my cheap fix (costs approximately 10 euro in Greece). I love the cute, small, round pots and I love that the packaging matches the color of the blush so I can reach immediately for the one I want. The smell is not bothering me at all, on the contrary, it gives it a retro feeling that I like a lot, plus it disappears when I put it on. The fact that they are baked means that they can go hard on the surface but it hasn't been a real problem for me all these years. Now the particular shade: Rose D'Or is a medium pink with gold shimmer. It looks a bit scary in the pan but once it's applied the shimmer is really subtle (almost undetectable) and the color is a girly, bubblegum shade. On my skin it always apply very nice, sheerly and evenly, in fact I like it way more than some expensive and really pigmented blushes I own. Pale people (like myself) should be careful though, you should use a light hand with this one. In my honest opinion it looks better on neutral/cool skintones but I have seen it on a warm-toned girl and it looked nice on her too. If you don't like Rose D'Or the whole line of Bourjois blushes is worth checking out. I also adore Lune D'Or (a staple if you're fair) and Rose De Jaspe.