April 21, 2014 | 1451 users online

Blush - Bourjois - rose d'or

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by chinaxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very expensive for the amount you get, but it's a lovely pink colour and shimmery too. I'm not really on to use blushers because i love just looking pale, but sometimes when I want to look like i've got a bit of colour in my cheeks, I use this and it works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by francescacaca

I just got one of the vintage packaging versions of this blusher from asos.com. I haven't used bourjois for years but thought i'd try this one out seen as it had such lovely packaging.

(Firstly, be warned if you order anything from asos that they package orders really badly, and this was just thrown into a large box and left to roll around. thankfully it arrived in one piece but i wouldn't order anything too delicate from them)

anyway, back to the blusher, this is a lovely bright pink with gold shimmers. the product comes in a dome shape and you get 2.5g, which actually isn't that great value really.....considering that mac blushers are 6g and cost 13 and this is 2.5g for 6.25. (and bourjois is a drugstore brand in the uk) having said that, i've never hit the pan of a powder blush so even 2.5g of product is going to last for a long time.

I apply mine with a mac 116 and it gives a lovely pop of colour, (the brush it comes with is pretty useless.) lasting power is pretty good and at the end of the day my cheeks still have a notable amount of blush.

Overall i think this is a great little blush, it has a mirror in the compact, which is always a bonus in my opinion, it smells gorgeous (kind of like powdery sweets) i'd actually wear this scent as a perfume i like it so much, but if you're not into fragranced products them i'd avoid this one, as the scent does tend to linger.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by skysobleu

This blush is my favorite for the spring and summertime when I want a flushed, rosy glow. The little container is so cute, and it is the exact same color as the product inside (minus the sparkle of course). This is a candy pink color with gold sparkle--perfect for daytime and nighttime. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Bartley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this quite a while ago, mainly because the price is good and the shade looks lovely.

It is such a flattering colour, but I do have some complaints - it wears off so I have to touch up about twice a day. It doesn't blend very well even when using a top quality brush, it still looks a little uneven. But you don't really notice unless you are right in the mirror. Smells quite nice, and is not too powdery or cakey!

However for a basic blusher on more natural days, this has gone really well. I still use it quite often. The little pot (too cute!) has lasted ages without going icky.

But! Don't even bother with the little brush inside, unless you want clown cheeks!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Xdevilisious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Whoa. I just bought this on midseasonsales and I'm wowed. I had been looking for a new blush for ages and after reading the good reviews I decided to try it. I was a bit worried when I saw what it looked like in the package because it looked extremely shimmery! But when I applied it it just gave me a nice glow without looking fake. It looks very natural and one sweep does the trick for me. I'm very pale with blonde hair and blue eyes and this is perfect for me. It is buildable but with me that looks a bit weird so I'll stick with one sweep. The package is a bit tricky at first but once you get the hang of it it's allright, just dont use too much force. On the whole a lovely blush, will definetly repurchase and try other colors of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2008 3:30:00 AM More reviews by gina2685

This blush is one of the cutest cheap things you can buy out there. My obsession with Bourjois blushes started around 6 years ago. I own and adore many HE blushes (Chanel, Lancome, Nars etc...) but Bourjois is my cheap fix (costs approximately 10 euro in Greece). I love the cute, small, round pots and I love that the packaging matches the color of the blush so I can reach immediately for the one I want. The smell is not bothering me at all, on the contrary, it gives it a retro feeling that I like a lot, plus it disappears when I put it on. The fact that they are baked means that they can go hard on the surface but it hasn't been a real problem for me all these years. Now the particular shade: Rose D'Or is a medium pink with gold shimmer. It looks a bit scary in the pan but once it's applied the shimmer is really subtle (almost undetectable) and the color is a girly, bubblegum shade. On my skin it always apply very nice, sheerly and evenly, in fact I like it way more than some expensive and really pigmented blushes I own. Pale people (like myself) should be careful though, you should use a light hand with this one. In my honest opinion it looks better on neutral/cool skintones but I have seen it on a warm-toned girl and it looked nice on her too. If you don't like Rose D'Or the whole line of Bourjois blushes is worth checking out. I also adore Lune D'Or (a staple if you're fair) and Rose De Jaspe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 7:07:00 AM More reviews by danai

I bought this very recently and was very excited about it, but I made the unforgivable mistake of using the brush that comes with it to try it for the first time: suddenly I wasn't seeing cheeks anymore, I was seeing easter eggs:-D That scared me a bit but I didn't lose faith, I just used my normal soft blush brush the next time: instant, sexy glow:-)).
Now in the container this is bubblegum pink with golden streaks; pretty to look at, but a bit scary. On my face it turns into a very slightly shimmery, rosy color. I use it with the lightest hand possible, a little bit goes a long way ladies, so the fact that it's baked powder and therefore not too easy to get onto the brush is very convenient to me; otherwise I'm afraid I would overapply all the time.
The scent is noticeable as you open the container and I find it divine; reminds me of vanilla with a slight hint of cinammon. I can understand many of you wouldn't want your blush to smell, but I personally adore it, makes using it even more fun.
Now about the package, I am one of the people that find most Bourjois containers cute, not cheap, but it's a fact that this looks a little brittle. I'm not crazy about the brush lying on top of the actual product and not somewhere next to it (but that would require totally transforming the container) but I think I'll be tossing it anyway as it doesn't do the trick for me.
The price is fine, and considering this will probably last for ages, more than reasonable.
All in all I love this and I hear it also comes in other tempting colors - I'll be getting the lune d'or version sometime soon. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I ADORE this blush!!! It's a sassy bubblegum pink with just a hint of gold and slight shimmer. I agree with one of the other reviewers that said this is better for touch ups rather than initial application, but it's also pretty enough to just swipe on easily for a natural flush when I'm in a hurry and need to get out the door. Its dainty compact with a mirror is perfect for my purse m/u bag. I read somewhere that this is one of the oldest and most classic blushes and it does have a vintage, classic look to it. I also love the light, clean scent, fresh but not overpowering. I am a m/u brush snob but have to admit that I really like the small little round brush that comes with this! I just swirl it in a circular motion on the apple of my cheeks and it looks so pretty and natural. I love this blush so much that I bought two of them! I would recommend this to anyone who can wear pink blushes and if not this color, then try one of the other shades. This just happens to be the shade that looks best on me and it's a good thing because I would buy them all! LOVE this!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2008 6:45:00 AM More reviews by estockburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely colour. Stays on all day. I still look fresh and alive at the end of the day. The brush is a little scratchy though. Will have to get around to buying a proper brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by elizablueuk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i love this colour and i love the scent. the scent is feminine and subtle, and not little girly, and it doesn't last long. i am rather fair and a little of this goes a long way, so the smaller amount people are talking about here is really a non-issue for me. the shimmer is lovely and subtle. my main complaint is that the case broke so soon after i purchased this. i travel a lot for work and i have to leave this at home and keep it flat on a shelf as the top part of the compact (the mirror part) completely broke off. i read that bourjois eyeshadows and blushes are made by the manufacturers who make chanel, but i cannot confirm this.