November 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Mascara - Smashbox - Bionic Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by msgenie516

This is NOT the greatest mascara. It can give volume and length, but itís a lot of work. I use my Shiseido base under every mascara, so that may be why I got decent resultsÖFINALLY.

I applied about 6 coats before I could say I was satisfied with the way my lashes looked. In addition to that, I was continually combing it out with my metal lash comb as I worked with it. If I hadnít done that, it would probably have been a clumpy mess. I also very slowly and deliberately applied this from the base to the tips of my lashes so that the mascara would transfer properly. As another reviewer noted, you cannot just quickly swipe this across your lashes and get good results. Just for the heck of it, I tried it and it most certainly doesnít work.

Also, I always look for blue mascara and I was happy to see this comes in blue. However, the blue is extremely subtle, thus hardly noticeable. So the color also does not make me happy. My Lorac Visual Effects has the very best blue of the mascaras I have tried so far, but that one can be extremely messy.

This mascara did not smudge or flake on me and I have worn it all day long. And my lashes also kept their curl. But this could be because of using the Shiseido base. One thing I can say for sure, I would never use this on those busy mornings when I have to get out of the house quickly. It just takes much too long to apply properly.

I didnít find it particularly hard to remove the mascara coupled with the Shiseido base. It was no worse than any of the mascaras I have tried lately and even a little easier than some of them. I use CVS brand makeup remover pads with aloe and then wash my entire face with Olay Foaming Face Wash for sensitive skin.

My Bourjois Liner Effet mascara is my favorite so far but the blue is not quite what Iím looking for either, though a better color than this one. So the hunt goes on for the perfect mascara!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 10:26:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word; SUCKS.
I don't know how Smashbox can come up with such an awful product. Within 2 hours the mascara on my lashes deposited on my undereye area, making me a racoon. Holy c**p. Who on earth invented this?!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ugh, if I had tried only this product of Smashbox, I'd have never tried another. I don't know how I can find a drugstore mascara that applies fine and have nothing but trouble with a more exclusive and expensive brand. This was just horrid. It went on no better than tar would I'm sure! I don't understand how this could have been accepted from their artists over there or their design team? This is the worst mascara I think I've ever tried. I couldn't get it to go on well or look good so I can't comment on how long it lasted because I couldn't stand how it looked I didn't walk about with it on. Oh, on mentioning tar earlier, I believe removing tar from my car's paint was easier than removing this. It isn't even waterproof, yet you'll need waterproof makeup remover to get this off. If I liked the mascara I wouldn't buy again due to I don't want to have to use a remover/additional step when it isn't waterproof for me either.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by 4truth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this mascara as part of a Smashbox kit. It is a good mascara, I just wasn't that impressed with it for the price. It did lengthen and make my lashes fuller, but it was clumpy on my lashes. I like my Lash Blast much better!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

This came with a try me kit I purchased from QVC. I haven't use mascara in a long time because I've been lucky enough to have long lashes but they are very light, plus it's such a hassle taking it off at night. So, with the try me kit, the cost was fair with the amount of products included. I was looking forward to using it but unfortunately, it travelled within the hour of application. It was on my upper lids and the raccoon eyes were again starting back at me. I was not a happy camper. Will not purchase on it's own. Seems, I'm off mascaras, again. :-(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by beckie511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For $19 a tube, this mascara was the ultimate rip off. The brush is way to large, and excess mascara stays at the tip of the wand when you remove it to apply, so you either have to wipe it off with a tissue, or try and dodge it while applying. I bought this to go out on a Saturday night, because I wanted show-stopper lashes. At first I thought it was pretty decent, not great. I woke up the next morning with bright red, irritated eyes, even though I had washed off the mascara before bed. I had to give myself a day off of wearing eye makeup, then wore it to work on Monday morning. Throughout the day, I noticed raccoon eye effect happening, AND it was flaking! Combined with the price, flakiness and raccoon eye is just adding insult to injury. I went back to using my L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes the next day, and wow, for about half the price, it's fantastic! If you use the primer and the mascara, it makes your lashes soo long. Highly recommend that mascara if you are looking for a decently priced, non flaking, non smudging, waterproof mascara! Seriously, I go to wash my face at night and after splashing water on it, the mascara does not budge. Then I just use my fingers to wipe off the little tubes, it's neat!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by erkybunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara gave me lashes that i never realized i wanted! My lashes were long and feathery- not thick like i usually go for but i liked it anyways. makes a pretty day look. would not recommend for a smoky eye or heavy make up, but not everyone wants a mascara for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by MissBoop

I really like this mascara, it make my lashes fuller, appear longer and it gives it a bit of a curl. The only thing I really don't like about this mascara is that it clumps and I find a lot of mascaras have this problem.
They don't make the opening for the applicator small enough so that excess product get scraped off. Therefore, all the mascara is on the brush and then you apply it and it clumps like crazy. I tend to wipe down the brush with a moist paper towel, reinsert the applicator into the tube and then apply. It helps but that shouldn't be necessary with a good mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by lonetabby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm generally a fan of Smashbox, but for as expensive as this mascara runs, I'm disappointed. It requires combing through after, no matter how careful the application it goes on clumpy. It tends to dry and flake as the day goes on, which drives me crazy. I don't like using an eyelash curler, so I like for my mascara to help curve my lashes - this one makes them stick straight out. It does well on color deposit, but that's about it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love smashbox products and this is the first time I've been disappointed. It does lengthen very well, thickens OK, its buildable but it flakes or just makes the area my lashes rub aganist black soon into the day and there are just better mascaras out there that dont do this. I did one eye in this and the other in Almay's One Coat Mascara and they looked the same, but Almay's didnt flake. A little hard to remove.