October 25, 2014 | 1875 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This highlighter puts Bobbi Brown's shimmer brick into SHAME! This is by far the best powder highlighter Ive ever used ! I had really long time to enjoy a Dior product that much . Applies effortless on the skin ,never streaky always looks very uniform, and gives the most fabulous dewy finish. Most powders like this one they are just matte powders with shimmer in them this one looks like you have used a cream product! The color is just perfect pure beige color but more on the bronzy side perfect for layering it over bronzers. The think that amazed me the most is that applies on the skin and you just cant see any shimmer particles on your face just pure glow is just amazing ! You really need the smallest possible amount of product each time so literally this powder gonna last you probably a life time. I use the first two colors on the top of my cheek bones and I mix all the shades together for the rest of my face cheeks,forehead,chin. if you have very oily skin you probably not gonna like this one. I find the consistency of this powder quite "emollient" causing even more oil production. Usually products like this one look very shimmery and fake on the skin but this one blends wonderfully into the skin giving a wonderful sheen, I have nothing negative to say about this product I just love it !

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by novn32

Beautiful subtle highlighter. Very pretty on the cheekbones and as a eyebrow highlight. This is not a high drama highlighter ( infact im currently searching for one) its more natural and classy. I have to agree with some of the other reviews in that the staying power is not great and you can probably find something that last longer for a cheaper price, but i still love how smooth and subtle it is. I would buy again, although i dont see myself running out any time soon.
For referance i am NC47-50 and it shows up as a beautiful goldie shimmer on me.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by indoorkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really really tried to love this product.

I'm an NC 40 (like the reviewer below me) but my undertones are a clear, almost cool, yellow in nature.

I could not for the life of me get this to show up; once I shellacked enough to get it visible, it looked like I'd rubbed my face in frost. I also by this time found got frustrated that I'd spent so much time layering on high-lighter; it's supposed to be a quick touch'n'go at the end, not a watercolor-level art exercise.

I'm sure this is fab on people with slightly different undertones or overall lighter skin; it was absolutely fail on me. I swapped it to someone who hopefully likes it better than I did.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by flyest_mami

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only had this powder for a week and I'm in loooove! It gives the skin such a beautiful glow without screaming out "she's wearing highlighter on her face!" The colors can be worn individually as eye shadows as well which makes it a pretty versatile product. At $44, the price is a bit steep so its definitely an indulgence. However, you don't use much product with each application so I feel as though it will last you a couple of years. The packaging is very sturdy so I think it will travel well without shattering in your luggage. My NC40 skin really loves this powder and I will definitely repurchase when (if?) it ever runs out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Warning: if you purchase Amber Diamond in hopes of achieving an amazing glow, you will be disappointed. While this is product is gorgeous, it is not amazing. I wore it non stop for over a week trying to convince myself that it was worth the $44 I dropped on it. I was just not 'wowed' at all. First of all, it has nearly no staying power on my combination skin. Second, while the color is very pretty, I know there are other products out there that are similar, but for a lot less. I am still going to give Amber Diamond a four rating, because it does look nice on the skin and I appreciate that it goes on smooth. If you have tan/olive skin and are looking for highlighter that isn't the typical champagne shade, I would go with HUSH Cream Color Base by MAC. It suits our complexion just as well as this, but for only $17-$18.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by haidehh

This givels a nice glow but i don't think it lives up to all the hype. I have used better products that do the same thing. its a nice product, worth the money? no.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I used this prod on my first wedding day (In my culture we have three wedding ceremony days minimum). The other two days i had m/u professionally done. Personally, i thought i looked best that first day, and the pictures turned out pretty too. This has visible glitter though it is finely milled. It photographs really well and is good for special occasions. I prefer Lorac oil free luminizing powder now, for every day; it looks more natural and soft focus but maybe toooo subtle for some. This DIor one also can be usedas e/s!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2011 6:53:00 AM More reviews by MsAmos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Brought this after a bored looking SA told me it would be great on my skin tone. Didnt have time to swatch as I was at work.

Once I tried it I realised you couldnt see it at all on my NC44 skin. Tried desperately to like it but gave up and got rid of it eventually.

NARS albatross is better for darker skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 5:46:00 AM More reviews by stephalison

HG item for me. This product is so versatile for my fair (sometimes fair-medium depending on the shade of my foundation and whether I have drowned myself in St Tropez bronzing mousse) skin. I use the two lightest colours (the white and beige/gold) with a MAC 168 at the very top of my cheekbones. The two colours together give me the perfect glowy, make-up-but-not-make-up look. For extremely pale people, the shimmer and flecks of glitter may show up on skin but I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing if you use a light hand.
The colours also work amazingly as eyeshadows. All mixed together or each colour separately, and you can easily get really beautiful eye make-up. If I'm travelling, I sometimes just pack this product and a dark matte brown for the crease. Easy-peasy.
In the summer time, I love using the darker shades towards the end of the powder just at the top of the hollows of my cheekbones where I've contoured. The gold tones really give a sunkissed look to my fair skin, without making me look like I've just stepped out of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, or worse, Jersey Shore*.
All in all, this is a great product. Sure, it's a little on the pricy side (particularly in Australia, where I live) but definitely worth it.

*no offence meant to Jersey Shore peeps, I love you in all your orange glory.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2011 6:58:00 AM More reviews by lauracrua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is ok. I bought it because I thought it would be a subtle highlighter to use on my pale skin without adding any extra colour to my cheek bones. It doesn't work on my skin as the palest shade is a champagne with gold flecks in it and so it still looks like very obvious gold glitter on my cheeks. Not for pale people!