Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer spf15

3.2

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5% Octyl Methoxycinnamate), Octisalate (2% Octyl Salicylate) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT, Bis Phenylpropyl Dimethicone, Butylparaben, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isobutylparaben, Laureth 7, Methylparaben, Mica, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Propylparaben, Silica, Steareth 2, Steareth 21, Titanium Dioxide, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid 6/2/09

on 4/3/2013 2:40:00 AM

I grabbed a few samples of this from my dermatologist's office and I have been using this moisturizer consistently for the past few weeks. I'm not super picky with moisturizers, but this one is not one of my favorites.
For the most part, this does what I want a moisturizer to do. It makes my face smooth and soft, and it's nice that it has SPF. However, I think the SPF is what causes some of my issues with this. To me, this really looks, smells, and feels like a typical sunscreen for the body. It has that thick, hard to spread feeling, and once it sets it feels a little greasy. It leaves a white cast if I apply too much, and it has that sunscreen smell that takes forever to fade.
I haven't had any negative reactions to this, but it isn't as smooth and as easy to apply as I would like my moisturizers to be. I used up my sample tubes, but I won't be purchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I haven't written a review for MUA for a while, but after using this moisturiser for the last two weeks, I feel compelled to! This moisturiser has been BAD. And it is such a shame because I do like Aveeno products, and I like the idea of this product and the nice packaging. But no matter how much I try to like it, it just keeps giving me reasons to hate it. It has made my reasonably cooperative skin ultra sensitive, and my face burns/stings for a good while after application. I now have dry patches in various areas and a nice big pimple on my cheek. It also balled up on me this morning. I wonder if it is the little particles they add to make you "radiant". I have a feeling they are like microscopic shards that end up tearing the skin all over your face. Anyways, my bottle is going in the bin and I wish I'd thrown it out sooner.

on 3/6/2013 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this product for about 2 weeks now and I am definitely loving it so far. I switched to this from the Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel Moisturizer as I didn't seem to be getting enough moisture from that. I didn't even notice the "sparkle" in this lotion until today when I happened to notice a little on my fingertips after I applied it. It is so subtle that frankly it doesn't bother me and it doesn't seem to affect pictures at all for me at least. It was about $13 from Target and I like the light fresh/clean scent as well. For those with Combination skin that doesn't get too oily in the T zone I think this would work well.

on 2/15/2013 3:57:00 AM

I have dry skin and find that this product works a miracle for dry skin but I did develop pimples.

However, I do not understand the "glitter particles" in this product. It is very difficult to see in most lighting, but in the right lighting, you should be able to see lots of tiny glitter particles. I suppose it is to create a nice glow... but I get a feeling that the glitter/ sparkles become trapped in my pores and account for the pimples which have developed on my skin. It could be the glitter, it could be something else in the product.

I am not sure I want to continue using this product, purely because of my fear of more break outs. Despite this, not everyone may have this problem so I definitely recommend it for those who want soft skin but suggest that you do not use this under make up.

Also, don't use too much or you will end up all sparkly like Edward Cullen

on 2/14/2013 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Using for one month so far and can't live without this . When I first applied on my face after cleansing (with Olay body bar soap), I was disappointed because it was slightly feeling pomaded. However it soaks in within minutes and my face feels smooth, clean and dewy <3 <3 <3
Pros -it remains all day on my face (if it gets oily, i blot with a napkin)
- face never feels dry or tight anymore, but soothing and moistened
-has SPF
-caused no breakouts, does NOT burn when applied
-has a clean odorless refreshing scent
-live in a tropical climate, so helps avoid face from getting oily
-relatively economic - paid US $18.00 and one pump does the job, so a must re-purchase

on 2/8/2013 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

It does everything it says on the box. I love it! The only thing I really hate is how it really stings my eyes when i get too close to my eye area. I really do recommend and I will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't really know if i would by this again, I've had it for about a couple weeks, give or take.
Smell': smells absolutely wonderful to me, just like a clean, no perfume smell.
Package: Pretty cute and efficient pump with twist lock
Price: Many people say its like $20 but I bought it at costco for a pack of 2 at about $7.50 each. The price depends on where u buy it.
Quality: When I apply it i doesn't make my skin feel oily like a lot of moisturizers do, it makes it feel very clean. Also, it absorbs pretty fast. But i don't know it its from the moisturizer or not, but it seems to create little bumps on my previously smooth skin. I also got a pimple but im not sure if thats from this moisturizer or my recent stress. Anyways, it just gives me little bumps that kinda kills the texture of my skin. Kinda also dissolves my makeup so let it absorb before applying any. maybe its just bring out the pimples underneath my skin to get rid of them. I don't know I'll post another review about the affect after a while.

on 1/3/2013 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have used Aveeno products for several years now. I've had great success with a few of their products and have become a loyal patron. The Positively Radiant moisturizer is my favorite moisturizer for the winter. Although I have very oily/sensitive skin, in the winter time I find my skin a bit parched. If you have oily skin, you might know what I mean. During the summertime, I use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. That moisturizer doesn't work as well during the wintertime, especially when I am applying mattifying foundations.

The Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer feels and looks great on my skin. It's oil-free, hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic, which are major factors that I look for in beauty products. Oil does build up on my skin as the day progresses, but my face doesn't look greasy at all. My skin looks more glistened than oily, which is a nice surprise.

Anyway, I really love this moisturizer and I would re-purchase this item.

on 1/3/2013 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skin is super sensitive. Put anything it doesn't like on it, and BAM. Angry acne straight up next morning. So over the years, I've collected a plethora of cleansers, moisturizers, skincare that just fail to work. Until I found this one. And ever since, I've been using it without fail every single day. It has a lovely smell to it. The cream is also light and absorbs quickly. It's gentle, and isn't sticky at all. Moisturizes even in the winter. The SPF is also handy, and brightens my complexion. Holy Grail product. Nuff' said.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this after my dermatologist told me this would be best for my acne prone skin. So far I love it! It has a thicker texture but when applied it dissolves quickly. I also love the fact it has SPF 15 in it. I use it once a day after showering but not under make up so I don't know how it affects make up use. Also, I noticed it is oil free and non comedogenic so I'm surprised to read that it breaks people out...I've been only using it for a week now so I'll edit if anything changes!