October 1, 2014 | 1079 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer spf15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 2

Price: 4 (For a drugstore product, really expensive)

Packaging: 3

Buy again: No

-------------------------------------------------

I was really excited to try this at first; it sounded exactly what I was looking for, providing light moisture, light SPF, and helping with discolourations. I am in my mid twenties, and have combination skin that tends to be very acne prone/sensitive.

Performance:

It provides light moisture. The weather is becoming cooler and drier, so my skin craves moisture after washing. I find that when I apply this my skin initially feels better but feels a little tight about 5 minutes later. I've also noticed my skin feels a little warm and slightly itchy when I wear this, which suggests I might have some kind of mild allergy to something in this. Initially, I found this lotion did help with the uneven skintone around my nose and upper lip, and even helped a little bit with some freckles on my cheeks. But after continued use, I didn't notice the same benefits and of course the aforementioned tingling and tightness made me think maybe this is causing it (I haven't changed anything else in my routine). I also noticed lately that I've been getting several breakouts -- they go away quickly, but the point is I'm getting breakouts... which I try so hard to avoid!

Price: for a drugstore product, this is really expensive. It was $20 CAN, but it came with a bonus full-sized matching Cleanser. For that price, I'm expecting a good product; for me, it's not really living up to expectations.

Packaging: Meh. Standard plastic bottles that you can't really see how much is left.It has a pump with a twist-lock mechanism, which is handy if you travel.

Summary:

I don't know what I'm going to do with this product now, since I feel like it's the cause of my recent skin issues... but if you have sensitive skin, I would beware of this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 5:15:00 AM More reviews by naturallyginger17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this product. It has helped to reduce my pimples and made my freckles less noticable. I was hoping that it would also take away some of my blotchiness but alas it didnt really help in that department. It does moisturise quite well but i have found that i have to apply a second or even third layer sometimes. If you have incredibly dry skin i would maybe get something a little richer or just apply more then one layer. If you have oily skin i am not sure if this would do well for you but my nose is pretty oily and it seems to be the place that sucks it all up in a few minutes. I have noticed that it has little specks of glitter in it but it isnt too much and doesn't Sit on the skin, not making you look like the cosmos unlike other shimmery products. I like the bottle and the pump but i hate the box it comes in, it just annoys me. I get it the cheapest i can which unfortunately still isnt that cheap but it lasts for two or three months so I dont mind too much. I have bought this about three times and would reccomend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Tanya94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this product is an absolute pieace of sh*t !!
i cannot believe i used it! it fully ruiend my clean and clear skin!
it gave me a rash all around my mouth which i still effing have!
also it gave me pimples in places where i had smooth skin!
i was very upset and dissapointed! i cannot belive this happened im so sad i look so disguisting and ugly! i could cry and im not even joking! seriously not even makeup can cover the damadge made to my face.
please peoople do not buy this product!!! dont waste ur money!! buy better things!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by maggiemccann11

I saw this product in a magazine ad and immediately wanted to try it.

After reading reviews for it on this site I decided to buy it. Within 1-2 weeks my skin looks AMAZING. My overall complexion is so clear and looks like I'm already wearing makeup.

I use less makeup now because of the way my skin looks!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ca06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, dry skin and burn easily. As such, I'm a big fan of SPF moisturizers. I struggled to find one that wasn't too thick, went well with or without make up, and didn't leave a white cast. I found positively radiant moisturizer SPF 15 and fell absolutely in love. It isn't overly greasy and seems to help reduce dark spots without bleaching your face. It also goes on very well under make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is, dare I say, my Holy Grail daily moisturizer.

I used the Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation for a couple weeks and liked the results I saw in my skin with that, but unfortunately I hated the feel, and the color was off. So, I began my search for skin-improving moisturizers instead.

I saw some reviews for this, and thought I would try it out, and I am so glad I did. It's a bit pricey, but it will probably last me half the year so it's no big deal. I have seen such an improvement in my skin with using this. I put it on every morning after I wash my face, and let it sink in before putting on makeup. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone, but this hasn't made it any worse.

My skin's clarity and texture has improved a lot, and the added SPF is nice as well. My face just looks brighter and more radiant and I love it.

It is a bit of a thicker moisturizer, but like I said, even with oily skin I don't really have problems with it. I don't use it at night, I only use one pump in the morning and spread it over my face and neck.

I will continue to buy this product when I run out and I really hope they never discontinue this stuff as it's really changed my skin for the better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Masia927

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG morning moisturizer. I am easily tempted by skincare products but I always come back to this. I have sensitive, combo (oily with dry/flaky patches), acne prone, clog prone skin. This stuff gives me an excellent amount of moisture without being greasy. It takes a little bit for it to sink in but when it does I'm left with a dewy, dare I say radiant comlexion. My face looks bright and glowy, not oily or sparkly. I do have to use a richer moisturizer at night though so this might not work for those with super dry skin. But for slightly oily to slightly dry I highly recommend it. I've never had any breakouts or rashes of any sort with it, which is rare for me. It has a light smell but it's not offputting. I use this on my upper back, shoulders, and chest as well since they break out so easily and this never aggravates those areas. Using it once a day lasts me about 3 to 4 months. My makeup applies really well over this and makes my makeup look less dull. If this is ever discontinued I will be devastated.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by AmandaYvonne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would not recommend this product to anyone with even slightly oily skin. At first, i would out this on at night before i would go to bed and i would wake up with horribly greasy skin. I tried applying it in the morning for a few days and this just made my makeup look terribly cakey and it made my look way oilyer than usual. It was a waist of 20 dollars, it's just been sitting in my .

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2012 6:51:00 AM More reviews by ashahleigh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Stung my face and made my eyes swell shut!!
I usually swear by Aveeno products (I love their hand creams) but this moisturizer gave me an allergic reaction! Every time I put it on my face stung like crazy for about 5-10 minutes until it finally settled down. I had high expectations and persisted on using it for about 4 days until it stung the side of my face so bad my left eyelid became swollen shut! I do have sensitive skin but I've never reacted so badly to a face moisturizer before and it was actually really scary. I basically paid 20+ bucks to partially lose my eyesight for 3 days...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by 0808j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this moisturizer! My skin is very prone to breakouts and I get a rash from almost anything. This helped my acne tremendously and I didn't have any bad reactions. I also use it as my daily sunscreen because it does not cause breakouts like most other sunscreens.