October 23, 2014 | 1791 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This oil has became a staple in my hair regime. it keeps my hair very soft. i have 4a/b hair type and this is the only thing i put on my scalp it promote grows, it adds shine and just cheap and great. i use the black jamiacan lavender because castrol oil ahs a scent i heard of but never smelt. it also used for eye lashes

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I tried castor oil and it broke me out. Now I use almond oil and I'm not sure it's growing anything, but it is leaving my eyes soft and wrinkle free :-) I have noticed less creapyness on my eyelids which is a definite plus! I just put a drop or two on my fingers and rub it over my closed eyes and over my brows. It doesn't burn or break me out. I got the almond oil at Huckleberry's health food store. Also, I only do this at night and then wash my face in the morning. Sometimes I switch it up with apricot oil. I love both almond and apricot oils.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- darkens/strengthens lashes
- makes good eye cream

Cons

- sticky
- scent

Comments: I use this nightly on my lashes and they don't break off as easily anymore. It also makes a good under eye cream and helps my concealers apply more smoothly without settling into my fine lines as much. I just hate how sticky it is and the smell isn't too great.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Castor oil is great to condition your eyebrows and eyelashes. Just a dab is plenty. I buy the kind found in your local grocery store or drugstore for a few dollars. And if you're constipated you can use it as a laxative!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yup Yup! I like castor oil too.
A few years ago I went thru a bout of prolonged TE and the hairline area never really came back strong and thick. I'd seen a lot of videos on YouTube that talked about using castor oil to regrow "edges" (it seems it was mostly women of color who used Castor oil for this reason, I guess due to cornrows and tight styles) and well, it's my "edges" that weren't filling in.
I had all this silly, vellus-like hair that was like peach fuzz where good strong dark strands should have been. I thought "what have I got to lose?" and so I applied castor oil every other night to my hairline and temples for the last 2 weeks. So far, the light wimpy hairs have become darker and thicker! The area looks as if it's getting stronger and might grow better quality hair!
So I have been applying it to my eyelashes. I am a big fan of Mavala Double lash, but I am beginning to realize a lot of brush on, non-hormone eye lash serums contain castor oil! I can't afford to buy Double Lash anymore so I am trying castor oil. 2 weeks in, it's just as great as Double lash, if not better.
Today, after washing my face I put a little bit of castor oil on my face as a moisturizer since my skin is super reactive and gets red, I get irritation bumps, and painful welts.
I don't know how putting it on my face will go but I did it because my forehead in the places on my hairline where I apply the CO seems so smooth and hydrated.
I'll let you know how it goes. I think...I think Castor oil is HG material. WE SHALL SEE :D

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I have the Home & Health version that I bought at the vitamin shoppe, (but you can pretty much find this anywhere). I learned very quickly that if you are planning on using this for your hair, this oil NEEDS to be mixed with another oil or something. Because on its own...this is EXTREMELY thick & goopy to be applied directly to hair. I mostly use this for my eyebrows & eyelashes though. I dip a Q-tip into this oil, & directly apply it gently on my eyelashes & sparse areas of my eyebrows every night, before I go to sleep. Surprisingly, (with this being as thick as it is), in the morning I am not greasy, & my skin around my eyes is moisturized...& no break outs! I have been using this method for a while, & I have noticed a difference in eyebrow/eyelash hair growth & overall, health. This does really stimulate my hair to grow, but it is by no means a "miracle worker." You have to use this for a while to be able to see a result, but you WILL notice a difference eventually. It also makes my eyelashes grow out longer & they are glossier/shinier. This is about $8.99, but the bottle is big & you need very little...so this will last forever. This is a great, natural beauty product & I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by natmc13

I plucked my eyebrows a few years ago really thin an they never grew back even when i left them. I was recommended to try Castor oil which i bought off Amazon for £3;80 and i had full thick brows within 3months! All i done was smooth it all over the brow area every night before i went to bed and washed it off in the morning. Also it is good to use on eyelashes but be careful it doesnt go in your eyes as it can be abit gloopy and also good for fine lines on your face x

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by kc3angel

I think I want to just add one small thing to the other reviews. Castor oil in addition to growing hair and all that good stuff actually helps to even out your skin tone. I've been trying to get rid of some dark scars I've had for years, however in my attempts to do that, it made my skin tone very uneven (I was literally wearing three shades of foundation). I started using Castor oil every night for the past month. My skin has evened out a lot (to the point where I can wear one shade if I choose). Sometimes I mix it with my moisturizer for during the day and surprisingly the level of shine that I get by day end has significantly reduced. (I have combination skin).

I bought it on a whim at first, but I definitely use it and I honestly would recommend it.(Just bought another bottle today!) The scent is not the best, but it's not overpowering.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by kpo987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had light thin brows my entire life that I never paid attention to save for the occasional tweezing, but about a few months ago I realized that they weren't that great and went to get them professionally waxed. There was only so much that the lady who waxed them could do because they are really straight across and very light, so even though she waxed all the strays it made little difference in how it looked. In my quest to find something that would help I was recommended castor oil. I've only been using it for a week so far, so once I've been using it longer I'll update, but my initial reaction is that it's ok. It's made out like it's this miracle oil in the reviews, and I'm just not seeing that. It's early days though. I think the most difference it's made is in my eyelashes, because I put some on my lashes at night when I put it on my brows. My eyelashes were already pretty long, but now when I curl them and put mascara on they almost reach my eyebrows.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by lrachel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use NOW brand castor oil and I will buy it again and again and again. I have not (nor will I) bought the stuff they sell near the laxatives. I stick with the pure kind. Still dirt cheap (I think I paid $6-8 for a big bottle).

Excellent results:
Eyebrows - my eyebrows have been thin on the outer 1/3 for years. It began with a hormonal imbalance and they just never grew back. Eyebrow pencil and I are likethis. Enter castor oil. I don't have luscious, thick, perfect brows.......but it's made a remarkable difference. I could even skip the pencil (I don't, but I could and that's the important part).

Hands - I stumbled on this one. I use lotion a TON and figured my hands were well moisturized. I was clearly wrong. I started using castor oil on my hands at night. Yes, it's thick, but it's not hard to spread. And the changes in my hands have been big. They look....and I kid you not......at least 5-10 years younger. Young, smooth, supple looking. My cuticles are healthy and soft. It's very impressive.

Good results:
Eyelashes - I don't notice new growth really. But what has happened is that I lose fewer lashes which has helped then get slightly thicker since they stay around longer. I HAVE noticed growth, which has been fun to witness. I've been using it nightly (I put one small drop on my finger and use that both for my lash line and my eyebrows) for about 6-8 weeks. I would guess I saw growth around week 3.

Under eyes - I read several articles about using castor oil under eyes and its ability to reduce under eye circles. I have used it and yes, my eyes DID look good the next day. But I am too leery of how thick it is to continue. It just seems like it would be too much for such delicate skin. Perhaps I'll mix it with something, but I have other undereye products I like better that aren't as heavy.

No results:
Scalp - I did try this on my scalp to try and help with thin spots (mostly in my bangs and along part.....I know, it's awesome). I ended up giving up after about 4 weeks. I just could not stand the heaviness of the oil on my scalp and roots of my hair. I did not notice any growth.

I love this stuff. LOVE it.

32 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No