October 26, 2014 | 1359 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by InspiredByBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product seems like a miracle! a gift from above lls seriously I cant remember life with out this. I've had palma christi castor oil for about a month now. I remember asking my mom for it and she thought I was crazy she had only heard of using it as a laxative not for hair and eyelashes. My eyelashes have grown alot in just 4 weeks my hair which use to be so dry is now soft shiny and beautiful. I mixed this in my conditioner also put it on my hair then curl my hair with a curling wand it makes my curls last longer and look amazing my hair now just looks so healthy. And my hair has grew since I have really thick dry hair castor oil doesnt weigh my hair down. I put it on everynight on my eyelashes and some times do hot oil treatments with it. When I have cramps I heat this up rub it on my stomach and my cramps go away. I havent used it as a laxative but I heard it works great for that... oh and I almost forgot to mention the main reason I got this after a full year of getting sew in weaves and braids my edges were thinning used this my edges are completely back this stuff is a miracle not a fan of the smell but it doesnt matter with all the good it does I think I can deal with the smell.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This oil has became a staple in my hair regime. it keeps my hair very soft. i have 4a/b hair type and this is the only thing i put on my scalp it promote grows, it adds shine and just cheap and great. i use the black jamiacan lavender because castrol oil ahs a scent i heard of but never smelt. it also used for eye lashes

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I tried castor oil and it broke me out. Now I use almond oil and I'm not sure it's growing anything, but it is leaving my eyes soft and wrinkle free :-) I have noticed less creapyness on my eyelids which is a definite plus! I just put a drop or two on my fingers and rub it over my closed eyes and over my brows. It doesn't burn or break me out. I got the almond oil at Huckleberry's health food store. Also, I only do this at night and then wash my face in the morning. Sometimes I switch it up with apricot oil. I love both almond and apricot oils.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- darkens/strengthens lashes
- makes good eye cream

Cons

- sticky
- scent

Comments: I use this nightly on my lashes and they don't break off as easily anymore. It also makes a good under eye cream and helps my concealers apply more smoothly without settling into my fine lines as much. I just hate how sticky it is and the smell isn't too great.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Castor oil is great to condition your eyebrows and eyelashes. Just a dab is plenty. I buy the kind found in your local grocery store or drugstore for a few dollars. And if you're constipated you can use it as a laxative!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yup Yup! I like castor oil too.
A few years ago I went thru a bout of prolonged TE and the hairline area never really came back strong and thick. I'd seen a lot of videos on YouTube that talked about using castor oil to regrow "edges" (it seems it was mostly women of color who used Castor oil for this reason, I guess due to cornrows and tight styles) and well, it's my "edges" that weren't filling in.
I had all this silly, vellus-like hair that was like peach fuzz where good strong dark strands should have been. I thought "what have I got to lose?" and so I applied castor oil every other night to my hairline and temples for the last 2 weeks. So far, the light wimpy hairs have become darker and thicker! The area looks as if it's getting stronger and might grow better quality hair!
So I have been applying it to my eyelashes. I am a big fan of Mavala Double lash, but I am beginning to realize a lot of brush on, non-hormone eye lash serums contain castor oil! I can't afford to buy Double Lash anymore so I am trying castor oil. 2 weeks in, it's just as great as Double lash, if not better.
Today, after washing my face I put a little bit of castor oil on my face as a moisturizer since my skin is super reactive and gets red, I get irritation bumps, and painful welts.
I don't know how putting it on my face will go but I did it because my forehead in the places on my hairline where I apply the CO seems so smooth and hydrated.
I'll let you know how it goes. I think...I think Castor oil is HG material. WE SHALL SEE :D

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I have the Home & Health version that I bought at the vitamin shoppe, (but you can pretty much find this anywhere). I learned very quickly that if you are planning on using this for your hair, this oil NEEDS to be mixed with another oil or something. Because on its own...this is EXTREMELY thick & goopy to be applied directly to hair. I mostly use this for my eyebrows & eyelashes though. I dip a Q-tip into this oil, & directly apply it gently on my eyelashes & sparse areas of my eyebrows every night, before I go to sleep. Surprisingly, (with this being as thick as it is), in the morning I am not greasy, & my skin around my eyes is moisturized...& no break outs! I have been using this method for a while, & I have noticed a difference in eyebrow/eyelash hair growth & overall, health. This does really stimulate my hair to grow, but it is by no means a "miracle worker." You have to use this for a while to be able to see a result, but you WILL notice a difference eventually. It also makes my eyelashes grow out longer & they are glossier/shinier. This is about $8.99, but the bottle is big & you need very little...so this will last forever. This is a great, natural beauty product & I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by natmc13

I plucked my eyebrows a few years ago really thin an they never grew back even when i left them. I was recommended to try Castor oil which i bought off Amazon for £3;80 and i had full thick brows within 3months! All i done was smooth it all over the brow area every night before i went to bed and washed it off in the morning. Also it is good to use on eyelashes but be careful it doesnt go in your eyes as it can be abit gloopy and also good for fine lines on your face x

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by kc3angel

I think I want to just add one small thing to the other reviews. Castor oil in addition to growing hair and all that good stuff actually helps to even out your skin tone. I've been trying to get rid of some dark scars I've had for years, however in my attempts to do that, it made my skin tone very uneven (I was literally wearing three shades of foundation). I started using Castor oil every night for the past month. My skin has evened out a lot (to the point where I can wear one shade if I choose). Sometimes I mix it with my moisturizer for during the day and surprisingly the level of shine that I get by day end has significantly reduced. (I have combination skin).

I bought it on a whim at first, but I definitely use it and I honestly would recommend it.(Just bought another bottle today!) The scent is not the best, but it's not overpowering.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by kpo987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had light thin brows my entire life that I never paid attention to save for the occasional tweezing, but about a few months ago I realized that they weren't that great and went to get them professionally waxed. There was only so much that the lady who waxed them could do because they are really straight across and very light, so even though she waxed all the strays it made little difference in how it looked. In my quest to find something that would help I was recommended castor oil. I've only been using it for a week so far, so once I've been using it longer I'll update, but my initial reaction is that it's ok. It's made out like it's this miracle oil in the reviews, and I'm just not seeing that. It's early days though. I think the most difference it's made is in my eyelashes, because I put some on my lashes at night when I put it on my brows. My eyelashes were already pretty long, but now when I curl them and put mascara on they almost reach my eyebrows.