Neutrogena Healthy Volume

3.7

on 2/7/2011 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

very disapointed. It makes the lashes really thick and long, but it does NOT look natural. It is not soft either, but not as hard as other mascaras. I think I lost some lashed removing this last night. did not smudge. I disagree with it being healthy for your lashes. I thought this was similar to maybelline soft n full, but it is not at all. gotta put a lot of coats on and it becomes heavy and sticky. I also think it might be whats irritating my eyes.

on 1/26/2011 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the big fat brush on this, and the fact that it makes my lashes look really long and separated. However, after wearing it for a few hours, I had major smudge raccoon-ness going on. I usually never have this problem with any mascara, to the point where when I looked in the mirror I wondered why I had such dark shadows under my eyes. It took me a minute to remember that I had used this mascara for the first time, and that it had made quite the mess around my eyes. Yet another tube relegated to the mascara grave-yard.

PROS: Natural. Big fat teddy-bear brush that's pretty easy to use. Lasted pretty long before flaking. Not smearing on me. Washes off easily when removing.

CONS: Just not quite enough volume or length for me; a little too natural. Nice size tube for storing in purse, etc.

APPLICATION TIPS: Shiseido's primer (even the new one) helps this stay on a bit longer.

ALTERNATES: Milani's Runway Lashes is great for volume/length (covered by Clarins Double Fix, to waterproof it) OR The Rocket by Maybelline (also covered by Clarins Double Fix) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, I like Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof. If you don't need much to enhance your lashes (already have pretty good length, etc.), you may like CoverGirl Last Blast Fusion.

on 1/4/2011 10:32:00 PM

This mascara is so great, it is definetley(?) my new favorite! I got it at a local drugstore with a Neutrogena Lip Soother for only $3.50, so I was not expecting much at all, and I was so surprised! This mascara rocks! Thank you Nuetrogena!!

on 12/25/2010 12:55:00 PM

excellent mascara! I wear contacts and my eyes are super sensitive, typically by the end of the day I'm constantly at my eyes because of the clumpy, flakey, overly glittery crap. I have naturally long lashes but they're pale and this makes them nice and thick and really makes my blue eyes stand out,, I use the brown black to avoid looking harsh. If I'm tired this and everything else will smudge a little but it's nothing I can't touch up with a quick swipe of powder.

on 12/17/2010 1:34:00 PM

Best mascara I have used.No clumps or dryness.I was using another mascara brand,which seemed great the first week using,then it seemed to be drying & a flakey mess.Finally,switched to a better product ~~

on 12/2/2010 2:53:00 PM

I received a sample of this mascara when I purchased Neutrogena's Eye Makeup Remover. I have oily skin and I wear contacts. I *always* have problems finding a mascara that washes off easily, doesn't end up under my eyes and doesn't flake. So far, so good with this mascara.

on 10/10/2010 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just okay. Doesnt hold a curl. Doesnt give any drama at all. You can barely tell Im wearing Mascara.

on 9/22/2010 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to love this product. That brush was insane! It looked so good and big. The olive oil marketing ad was genius. I really wanted this and bought it when it first came out.

The formula was irritating to my eyes and flaked a lot. I had itchy eyes and almost couldn't wait to get it off my eyes. I kept using it, too, once a week hoping that it was a fluke beacuse I wanted this to be my perfect mascara. Ahhhh that brush! Oh well. It is like dating a hot guy who is completely dumb. You want it to work in theory but it's a total FAIL.

on 9/19/2010 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love this mascara, it makes my lashes really stick out and I love love the brush, it does such a good job separating, lengthening and fattening the lashes! love it!