December 21, 2014 | 1917 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by hisgirl187

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I didn't like this product...It just didn't offer any more coverage....

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by MissEmpress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!

I do admit it can take trial and error to make it work for you. When I first purchased it I thought it made me look completely ashy so I put it aside and didn't use it. Then one day, I was in a rush and put it on. On my way to class 3 different people told me my skin looked amazing. I was like huh, what? I looked in the mirror, and it did! I'm not sure if it is in the moisturizing before use, or that after a while it blends with your skin's oils and starts to look good...but it does.

Now, I use it ALL the time; on top of liquid or alone. I am careful to moisturize well, as well as not use too much as it can be a bit difficult to blend if you slap too much on one place. But done right it can make your skin look perfect and not as though you have makeup on. If you need heavy/full coverage, this isn't for you though. It is light and just polishes your normal skin tone and evens it out. I love it in the summer and I dab some liquid on where I want more coverage then dust this all around. Great for everyday grab and go use.

Con: it transfers easily and I cannot wear white collars with this. The packaging is not my favorite and the "brush" that comes with it is useless (but I never expected it to be good neway).

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by glitterattii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love how this product looks on my skin. It applies smoothly and doesn't cake. It doesn't do well with oil though.
Problem with this is the terrible packaging. The applicator brush on the cap is not really very hygienic since you can't really clean it the way you do with ordinary make up brushes. Also, after barely a week of using this, it gave me awful red rashes all over my face. I wouldn't recommend this for people with uber sensitive skin like mine...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by artsyjill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked other revlon products so I thought I would give this a try. The packaging on this is awful. After opening the product once, the tiny included brush did not work properly and it was way too far into the cap to really get any good kind of application. I did use my own mineral face brush but it was too hard to try and get the product out of the container without making a mess. The sifter is hard to use and only the tiny brush fits in there. I think if they put it in a larger, flatter and round container for powder it would be easier to apply and nix the tiny face brush. Once I was able to apply the powder I was not pleased with the texture or appearance. It just looked cakey and I didn't think it had great coverage for me. I would not repurchase. I think there are better options out there for similar product.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by sweetangel631

i have really bad acne and acne scars and this foundation does not offer good coverage. It barely evens out the discolouration and the coverage is definitely not enough for me or for anyone with acne. Maybe this would be better for someone who didnt need as much coverage. And this foundation would make dry patches on my skin look even drier and noticeable! Overall not a good product. I actually thought this was quite exp for a drugstore foundation. Wasted $16 on this. Id much rather spend $15 more and buy my MAC studio fix fluid

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am always looking to "cut" my BE with another mineral foundation because BE can be too dewey looking for me. This along with the Rimmel work very well for me. Also I think as with the other Revlon foundations you get friendlier colors. Also the blendability with this product is really smooth and nice. With BE alone I know I have to blend blend blend and when I am done blend some more. When I add some of this to it, the blending seems to be super smooth. The only reason I dont use this alone is I really think the BE has positive benefits for my skin. I think either way I would still blend but this stuff works well for me. Also, you can usually get it BOGO. The brush that comes with is is useless. Find a good 'buki brush, and not the one from BE that one is like sandpaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by macabrechaos

love love love it! you have to know "How" to apply any and all mineral foundations to really use it to its best advantage.....dont use the brush lol invest in a quailty one like a kabuki or a nice dense flat top : ) i love this stuff nice feel , good coverage.......and spf! nice product all around.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Femiluv

I love it. Horrible packaging, and brush. But the powder is amazing. I have really oily skin and this helps....a lot!! I stopped using it for a while, but nothing could help my oily skin so I went back - no regrets.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was shocked by the poor reviews of this item! As I absolutely adore this mineral loose powder foundation, but I agree with other reviewers the packaging and brush suck. I transferred the foundation into an old loose powder container to make it easier to acquire the product with my powder or kabuki brush.
I dust and blend a small amount over top of my tinted moisturizer (either Cover Girl Smoother or Tarte Smooth Operator) and it delivers a perfect sheer to light coverage. Sets to a semi-matte smooth finish and wears well throughout the day. Never oxidized, looked cakey, settled into fine lines, or felt heavy and greasy on my face.
I purchased it in "fair" which is a perfect match to my complexion. I like that the colour is quite neutral with no strong pink or yellow undertones. For reference I wear MAC NC15, Cover Girl Smoothers TM in Fair-Light, and Tarte Smooth Operator in Agent 00. In addition to the great shade match I like that it has SPF10. I know that's not a lot, but provides a little extra bonus on top of my TM.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by alina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Not good at all! Didn't stay on, gave no coverage (not even light), and dusted off in no time. Waste of money for me :/