July 24, 2014 | 1806 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by sweetangel631

i have really bad acne and acne scars and this foundation does not offer good coverage. It barely evens out the discolouration and the coverage is definitely not enough for me or for anyone with acne. Maybe this would be better for someone who didnt need as much coverage. And this foundation would make dry patches on my skin look even drier and noticeable! Overall not a good product. I actually thought this was quite exp for a drugstore foundation. Wasted $16 on this. Id much rather spend $15 more and buy my MAC studio fix fluid

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am always looking to "cut" my BE with another mineral foundation because BE can be too dewey looking for me. This along with the Rimmel work very well for me. Also I think as with the other Revlon foundations you get friendlier colors. Also the blendability with this product is really smooth and nice. With BE alone I know I have to blend blend blend and when I am done blend some more. When I add some of this to it, the blending seems to be super smooth. The only reason I dont use this alone is I really think the BE has positive benefits for my skin. I think either way I would still blend but this stuff works well for me. Also, you can usually get it BOGO. The brush that comes with is is useless. Find a good 'buki brush, and not the one from BE that one is like sandpaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by macabrechaos

love love love it! you have to know "How" to apply any and all mineral foundations to really use it to its best advantage.....dont use the brush lol invest in a quailty one like a kabuki or a nice dense flat top : ) i love this stuff nice feel , good coverage.......and spf! nice product all around.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Femiluv

I love it. Horrible packaging, and brush. But the powder is amazing. I have really oily skin and this helps....a lot!! I stopped using it for a while, but nothing could help my oily skin so I went back - no regrets.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was shocked by the poor reviews of this item! As I absolutely adore this mineral loose powder foundation, but I agree with other reviewers the packaging and brush suck. I transferred the foundation into an old loose powder container to make it easier to acquire the product with my powder or kabuki brush.
I dust and blend a small amount over top of my tinted moisturizer (either Cover Girl Smoother or Tarte Smooth Operator) and it delivers a perfect sheer to light coverage. Sets to a semi-matte smooth finish and wears well throughout the day. Never oxidized, looked cakey, settled into fine lines, or felt heavy and greasy on my face.
I purchased it in "fair" which is a perfect match to my complexion. I like that the colour is quite neutral with no strong pink or yellow undertones. For reference I wear MAC NC15, Cover Girl Smoothers TM in Fair-Light, and Tarte Smooth Operator in Agent 00. In addition to the great shade match I like that it has SPF10. I know that's not a lot, but provides a little extra bonus on top of my TM.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by alina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Not good at all! Didn't stay on, gave no coverage (not even light), and dusted off in no time. Waste of money for me :/

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2010 5:15:00 AM More reviews by makeupdivaamee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this foundation couple of weeks back.. I think its good for the people whi have less imperfections and blemishes. since it give light to medium coverage, it doesn't hide any skin blemishes and imperfection, for that you will have to apply this over the concealer or the liquid/creme foundation. I tried it with the max factor creme foundation and worked very well. So it works great to set the foundation.
Here in India there are only 3 shades available which is very disappointing thing. I paid 1050 INR for this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by girlfromtahiti

I prefer this mineral foundation over Bare Minerals.
why I love it:
-light to medium coverage
-smooth finish
-very long-lasting
-paraben-free
-spf 10
-talc free
-moderately priced
The only aspect that I didn't enjoy is the brush...it's tiny. It works fine but I prefer a larger brush.
Update: I changed the overall rating to 5! I really love this mineral foundation...very natural looking yet it evens out my skin tone. ...love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2010 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Jadinej17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is HORRIBLE. It made my face look sooo dull and dry... not a matte finish. The brush they include is a JOKE, seriously what's the point of even including it? To make us laugh? Might as well buy a powder brush from walmart for like 5$.
I wish they had the option 'f*** no' under the 'Would you buy this product again menu"...
Bare Minerals all the way baby! Matte formula ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by leah421

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with everyone else who says the packaging for this product sucks. I don't use the brush that comes with it at all. I bought this foundation as a replacement for my Bare Minerals foundation when I was running low on cash. I really liked it. The number one reason being: it holds up in the heat. Bare Minerals tends to get blotchy looking after I sweat a lot, but the Revlon mineral foundation does not. I wore it everyday last summer to work in a restaurant where I pretty much sweated from start to finish, and it held up pretty well.
I do not use this foundation alone, I use it to set liquid foundation. I also do that with Bare Minerals. I have found that it works great to set my liquid foundation, but I have never tried using it by itself. I feel like it definitely works better on top of a liquid foundation, so I wouldn't recommend it to be used alone. Overall, I think that if you need something that will stand up to the heat and stay on, you should try this. While the packaging is a pain, I usually just shake it upside down and then open it to get product out, and then apply it with my Bare Minerals brush.