April 17, 2014 | 883 users online

Powder - Mary Kay - Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by bilqisss

I lurrrrv this product!!!
I apply just three layers without foundation in the morning and it goes all d way till around lunchtime!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by bellalaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is something in this that makes my skin very unhappy. I wore it for three days in a row, then it took another month or so for my skin to recover. I broke out in horrible, itchy, weepy rashes all over my face.

Also, I would wash my face after wearing it all day and I swear my face fell awful, like I couldn't get the makeup out of my pores. It was also very dusty when I applied.

This product scared me off of minerals.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by larochea1

I prefer a natural look and I despise heavy make up. This product is light and it looks natural. I found that it is very sheer. On days when I need more coverage, I just use a spray bottle and squirt my brush a couple times, then apply the powder, for more coverage. You do need to find a Mary Kay consultant--this can be a pro or con. The price is more than drug store brands, but it is less than the other mineral brands. I switched from CG mineral powder to Mary Kay because I didn't like how CG powder made my skin sparkle.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Moderate coverage at best and by best I mean 3 applications.

I chose to try this foundation as it is one of the very few mineral foundations that does not contain BISMUTH, which can give an allergic reaction to those with Rosacea or sensitive skins. After one hour my cheeks were flaming red and swollen. So there is another ingredient other than Bismuth that is affecting my skin in mineral products. This also created acne all along underneath my jawline.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Duchess915

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very satisfied with this product. I had been using Prescriptives liquid foundation, in Fresh Ginger. It has now been discontinued. My niece is a Mary Kay rep and suggested I try the Mineral Powder Foundation is #2. I must admit, it is light and gives very good coverage. I would definitely purchase this one again. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by isap0007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so in love with this foundation! I got it in Ivory 2 (for reference, I'm a NW 20/25), and ever though I had no references and no samples to color match, I was surprised when it arrived and it was a PERFECT match to my skin tone... how many times does that happen in a lifetime? Anyway, the foundation is smooth, makes my face look flawless and covers way more than I thought it would... I had never wore mineral foundation before, and I always thought it wouldnt cover anything... well I was wearing Revlon Colorstay before, and this one covers a little less than colorstay, but it does an amazing job, and the best thing, it looks so natural, like youre wearing nothing, while Colorstay was making my face look rather cakey and fake. I definately recommend it for a natural medium coverage!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by sandy12294

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in Ivory 1. I found this shade to be a perfect match, but there is a shade lighter if you need one lighter. I found this product to be a very nice, silky, fresh powder. People say a little goes a long way, but i found that that's not true. It feels like you have to use tons of this product to get a nice feel and look. It feels light on your skin and the finish is not matte or dewy. It's perfect and natural. This product is around $18.00 US. You can buy from a consultant @ www.marykay.com. If you buy this product it might be a good idea to purchase the mineral foundation brush that Mary Kay recommends you to use because it is a soft, small, easy apply brush for any size face. I was disappointed when i did see the size of the brush, but just wait until you use it. It's worth it. And also i think the brush is around $10.00 US.
(Mineral Powder Foundation)
(MIneral Powder Foundation Brush)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Pinkiefoxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I have oily skin and it really takes care of the shine I get throughout the day. The coverage is alright, not great, but good enough for me as I use a liquid foundation before this anyways. It's a brilliant setting powder. My only problem is that if you put too much on, you get this sort of orange tinge and that's kind of gross.

Overall I do like this quite a bit so I'll finish what I have left and maybe repurchase, or look for something else. Not bad for what they charge though!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by honeybelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent foundation! I like it better on top of a liquid foundation than alone. I took one lippy off because I have very dry skin and sometimes this product can really accentuate flaky skin on my face. You also have to be careful not to apply too much or it looks cakey, but all in all I like this product and I would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I fisrt did not like the feel of this foundation. Felt very drying and chalky. The coverage was ok, had to use alot of get good coverage. The minerals are not fine and therefore feel rough on the skin. I was not happy with this product at all.