November 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Update: Upon further research I realize argan oil breaks me out. So much for an 'oil for your face'.

I really wanted to like this. I got a sample of both this and the light. I have clog prone skin that dries out in the winter and I can't use practically any chemicals. I thought this would be a nice miracle solution, but it was just ok. It didn't moisturize my dry areas as much as I would like, and though it didn't cause massive breakouts, I still had bumps and clogs. It's a *better* oil for me but not super moisturizing. I was so dry I had to use first aid and other mineral oil/petroleum products to help. I did switch to a cleanser with argan oil *in* it, and that's better with moisturizing but still having the same clog issue. Too bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by BadWaitress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's winter here again, and lately we've been having temperatures of -4F with wind chills of -25. I can bundle up most of my body and stay warm, but unless I wear a ski mask and walk around looking like a bank robber my poor face is on its own. So every winter my face starts to peel. and I break out the Argan oil.

What I really like to do is shower at the end of the day, use my Olay Pro-X face brush, and then layer the Argan oil over Kate Somerville Quench. I takes about five drops to do my whole face, including eyes. I read another review where someone said she had found the oil good for her eyelashes and I agree.

So this is my technique, and it enables me to smile without feeling as if my face is going to crack. My face looks full and smooth, and feels soft.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by shrosrule

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked this at first, it is very moisturizing but after about a week, I broke out in cystic acne. Ouch. I threw it away. I am using the Fresh Seaberry Oil and it has done wonders for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by phoenixg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't like this as my moisturizer on its own, I find it to be too hard to fully absorb into my skin and moisturize. However, I do enjoy mixing it with maracuja oil to give my skin a moisturizing boost. I think other 100% pure argan oils do almost the same thing in general, but Josie's absorbs better (though not completely). If I were to use argan oil as my sole moisturizer, I'd get the light version which absorbs way better than the original and is the same on my skin as the maracuja oil. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Ashmack12

This is 100% pure argan oil.. just with josie maran's name on it. Go to your local health food store and get it for way cheaper.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Connorsmom05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love, love, love this stuff!!! I have oily and acne prone skin and I never thought in a million years I would put more oil on my face to moisturize it. I'm so glad I went against my judgement on this one! To me this stuff is liquid gold!! It moisturizes my face so well and it is so soothing. I have to use BP every night to keep my acne at bay and it is such a relief when I put this Argan oil on. It is pretty expensive, but I definitely think it is worth it. I have bought other cheaper brands of Argan oil and for some reason they didn't feel the same as the Josie Maran one. It seemed to take forever for them to sink in. The Josie Maran oil sinks in pretty fast for me. Now I only buy Josie Maran's. I also use a tiny bit on the ends of my hair after I dry and flat iron it and it makes my hair look so much smoother. I hope this is never discontinued!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ktcolt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So I have been hearing all the hype about this product and finally decided to try it. I do not have oily skin I have combo skin at best. My skin to me feels dry and tight and itchy so coming into winter I decided to try this oil. After showering, I put 3-5 drops on my damp (but not wet) face. The next morning I woke up and put on my makeup and I STILL HAVE FLAKES. Grrrrrrrrr. So aggravating. I tried using with a few drops in my moisturizer and same thing. Not sure I can mess up the use of this, it's oil. How hard can it be to use? Anyway, I now have 3, 1oz bottles and if anything I will use in combination with my body moisturizer. As far as my face goes, not sure this stuff is worth the obnoxious price considering you can get argan oil for less elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by najahlasha

I love this!! I use it as a face moisturizer, and also put 2-3 drops in my body lotion! After the first 2 weeks of using this, my acne scars started clearing up, my skin was glowing, and I had absolutely NO active acne! A very versatile product and SO worth the $$!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by EvvieBarrios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've heard great things about Argan Oil so one day at Sephora I decided to buy the small bottle to try it out. I have oily skin, so I'm a bit concerned about putting this on my face, especially since I have a TON of blackheads and heard this can be very pore unfriendly. BUT - I LOVE this as a hair product. I have thick wavy hair that is pretty brittle and dry from daily use of heat products and the occasional coloring. After getting out of the shower and towel drying my hair, I put 3 drops on my fingers and work the oil just through the ends of my hair and than style as normal (still use other products). This has kept my ends feeling amazingly soft and I have fewer fly aways as well. I really do love this for hair. I subtracted 2 lippies for cost though. If I used it for other stuff like my face, than maybe it'd be better, but just for hair, it is expansive. It does seem to last a long time - even though I spilled almost half when I first got it :( it's been 2+ months and I still have a good 3rd of the bottle left.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

This product really made my eyelashes grow beautifully and helped lighten up blotchy spots on skin. I feel like it reduced wrinkles under my eyes. I love the foundation as well