April 19, 2014 | 809 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those so-called "do it all" multi-use products that actually lives up to the hype! I'm on my second bottle and have used it on my face, cuticles, legs (a few drops added to my everyday lotion), and scalp. I've noticed that a few drops of this oil has an almost magical effect on blemishes, particularly those that may have been picked at or popped. (I know, I know. But we all do it. Right?)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would love to repurchase this lovely oil but unfortunately I am not balling. Other than the nausea-inducing price, I find that it works really well with my skin. Jojoba oil is my HG oil but I loved adding a couple drops of this argan oil which seemed to give my skin even more of a glow! It seemed to balance my skin as well, and left a very soft, comfortable feeling on my skin after absorbing in. I didn't try using this on my hair because OF THE PRICE. *ahem* There are good quality argan oils you can get in other places but I find that the consistency and quality of Josie Maran's is unbeatable (for now!). This argan oil didn't break out my super sensitive acne-prone skin, but I have used other argan oils that did! Either way I love this but I probably won't be able to afford living if I repurchased this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually wait a bit before writing reviews, but I just got this yesterday and used it last night as my moisturizer and again this morning and I had to write something about how amazing this product is. A little background: The past few weeks I've been breaking out really badly around my chin and my nose. One of those bouts when every time you look in the mirror, a new red bump appears. Gah! It's maddening. My skin has been so great up until lately. Now thinking back, there are a few things that could have caused this hell...weather change (it recently just started hitting 90-100 degrees in NYC), Sugary foods (The past 2 weeks with birthday cake, and junk in the office, and ice cream every time the truck shows up) and lack of exercise (my gym was closed and I'm a huge believer in sweating out toxins). Anyway, I attacked the breakouts too aggressively with a number of products containing sulfur, BP, SA and alcohol. I dried my skin out something terribly. Now my skin was peeling and my pimples were inflamed and aggravated. GREAT. FML. So, I decided I need something quick and fortunately there is a Sephora right near my office. Trying to get away from parabens and fragrance and phthalates I go for the straight up Josie Maran Argan Oil. I put some on in Sephora and my dry skin looked so much better! That night I cleansed with Josie Maran's Argan Cleansing Oil (love, separate review to follow) and added a little more Argan Oil. 2 drops for my whole face. I decide not to treat the pimples with anything additional... The next morning, the pimples were reduced in size and less red. Everything seems to have calmed down a little bit. They were not gone, but they were not nearly as angry as they were the day before. The dry skin that was flaking off and peeling looked nourished and somewhat back to normal. Never in my life have I experienced a miracle product, but I am a firm believer in this Argan Oil. I re-read about it on Sephora and Argan Oil prevents inflammation, excess oil production and is healing. ITA!!! I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives, but Josie Maran's Argan Oil is what helped me when I needed it most.

Update: While I still think this is great, I probably won't repurchase.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Pokiloki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well... it's argan oil. Argan oil is amazing no matter what but this stuff is way too expensive. I recommend going on ebay and buying a cold pressed argan oil. Just make sure it's organic. I was able to find a local seller which is cool. I do like the bottle it came in and I still use it and just refill it. Always keep oils in an amber glass bottle to prevent the sun from damaging them as fast. I like to use this on my dry areas and on my wrinkles to fill them up a little.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Karinnne

Good product, provides great moisture. Not too wow about it but would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Mariamcc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It has so many different uses. I apply it on my hair, cuticles, lips and skin. I will not travel without it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

Since my skin is oily and my hair is very thick and a bit dry, I have been using this product only on my hair. I would describe Josie Maran's Argan Oil as a lighter weight, less fragrant version of MoroccanOil in superior packaging. For me it's simply not as effective a product for dry/damaged hair as MoroccanOil is, and I do prefer the (admittedly stronger, but pleasant) scent of MoroccanOil. This product comes with a pipette delivery system that makes it easier to use than MoroccanOil, though, and definitely nicer for travel. If you are looking for a multi-use argan oil, then this is definitely a solid choice, but if dry/damaged hair is your primary concern then MoroccanOil is a better product, and similar in price.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by itzelc18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried this oil about three times and each time it would cause pimples to form on my face. I have pretty normal skin, not dry, not too oily, with no or rare breakouts. I am, however, sensitive to many ingredients in many products and will get pimples from certain things. I recently tried it a third time, applying it to my face at night, about a week ago and I ended up with four pimples on my face. I tried this product three times because I am always on the hunt for organic skincare products and this oil only has one ingredient and many people seem to like it. It does moisturize pretty nicely and gave my skin a glow, but I found that when I would stop using this product, I saw there was no real difference on my acne scars or skin texture. After testing it out three times over the course of one year, I think I won't buy it again, it doesn't make a long term difference to my skin, causes breakouts and the price is too much. Sensitive skin, beware.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

If you don't have dry skin, using this product on your face is a little bit of an overkill(especially in the summer). I'm all about organic and natural hair/skin products, but I felt like my face was covered in a layer of grease for the whole night after I applied it on my face. I did, however, like it for other uses.
FACE:
I live in California, it's dry here so I definitely like to use thicker moisturizers at night. I thought the consistency would be like a serum, so I first applied 3 drops to see if they'd cover my face. They didn't. I feel like if you want to apply a thin layer on your face, you really have to rub it all over your face. I'm not a fan of rubbing my face of any sort because I am terrified of wrinkles. I applied a few more drops to spread the product evenly on my face. My face felt greasy for a long time. I ended up blotting them off because I didn't want the oil to get on my silk pillow case. I think this may be a good product to use in the winter, but it was too much for me in the summer. I don't recommend using this alone. Mixing it with your night moisturizer will help spread the product easier.

LIPS/HAIR:
I definitely will be using this product for my lips and hair. When I apply it on my lips at night, they are always so moisturized in the morning. As for hair, I have damaged hair so I've always been applying argan oil as a leave in conditioner. I only apply a very small amount and it usually makes my hair shiny and soft. It's also a great detangler.

I guess it all depends on what you need Argan oil for. The price isn't very economical, but it didn't bother me since organic/natural products are usually more expensive anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Lipstickjunkie4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is another one of my favorites. I have oily skin and this balanced it out and kept my skin soft and supple. This is truly an amazing product! Another score from Josie Maran!