October 25, 2014 | 1107 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by phoenixg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't like this as my moisturizer on its own, I find it to be too hard to fully absorb into my skin and moisturize. However, I do enjoy mixing it with maracuja oil to give my skin a moisturizing boost. I think other 100% pure argan oils do almost the same thing in general, but Josie's absorbs better (though not completely). If I were to use argan oil as my sole moisturizer, I'd get the light version which absorbs way better than the original and is the same on my skin as the maracuja oil. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Ashmack12

This is 100% pure argan oil.. just with josie maran's name on it. Go to your local health food store and get it for way cheaper.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Connorsmom05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love, love, love this stuff!!! I have oily and acne prone skin and I never thought in a million years I would put more oil on my face to moisturize it. I'm so glad I went against my judgement on this one! To me this stuff is liquid gold!! It moisturizes my face so well and it is so soothing. I have to use BP every night to keep my acne at bay and it is such a relief when I put this Argan oil on. It is pretty expensive, but I definitely think it is worth it. I have bought other cheaper brands of Argan oil and for some reason they didn't feel the same as the Josie Maran one. It seemed to take forever for them to sink in. The Josie Maran oil sinks in pretty fast for me. Now I only buy Josie Maran's. I also use a tiny bit on the ends of my hair after I dry and flat iron it and it makes my hair look so much smoother. I hope this is never discontinued!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ktcolt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So I have been hearing all the hype about this product and finally decided to try it. I do not have oily skin I have combo skin at best. My skin to me feels dry and tight and itchy so coming into winter I decided to try this oil. After showering, I put 3-5 drops on my damp (but not wet) face. The next morning I woke up and put on my makeup and I STILL HAVE FLAKES. Grrrrrrrrr. So aggravating. I tried using with a few drops in my moisturizer and same thing. Not sure I can mess up the use of this, it's oil. How hard can it be to use? Anyway, I now have 3, 1oz bottles and if anything I will use in combination with my body moisturizer. As far as my face goes, not sure this stuff is worth the obnoxious price considering you can get argan oil for less elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by najahlasha

I love this!! I use it as a face moisturizer, and also put 2-3 drops in my body lotion! After the first 2 weeks of using this, my acne scars started clearing up, my skin was glowing, and I had absolutely NO active acne! A very versatile product and SO worth the $$!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by EvvieBarrios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've heard great things about Argan Oil so one day at Sephora I decided to buy the small bottle to try it out. I have oily skin, so I'm a bit concerned about putting this on my face, especially since I have a TON of blackheads and heard this can be very pore unfriendly. BUT - I LOVE this as a hair product. I have thick wavy hair that is pretty brittle and dry from daily use of heat products and the occasional coloring. After getting out of the shower and towel drying my hair, I put 3 drops on my fingers and work the oil just through the ends of my hair and than style as normal (still use other products). This has kept my ends feeling amazingly soft and I have fewer fly aways as well. I really do love this for hair. I subtracted 2 lippies for cost though. If I used it for other stuff like my face, than maybe it'd be better, but just for hair, it is expansive. It does seem to last a long time - even though I spilled almost half when I first got it :( it's been 2+ months and I still have a good 3rd of the bottle left.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

This product really made my eyelashes grow beautifully and helped lighten up blotchy spots on skin. I feel like it reduced wrinkles under my eyes. I love the foundation as well

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Whit87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Obsessed!!! For starters I have very dry skin with more than a few dry patches. My skin is also extremely reactive! If I apply one wrong skincare item to my face, within seconds it turns bright red and starts burning, forcing me to run full speed to the sink to try and wash it off before it sinks in any further lol. It's because of this that my skin care regimen is quite lackluster. Anyways one day I was browsing Sephora and stumbled across this gem. Desperate for a moisturizer to get me through the upcoming cold weather/heater months and having had regular lotions and creams always irritate my skin, I figured I'd see what all the hype was about and try a straight up oil so I asked for a sample. Well after my first application that night, I turned around and bought a bottle. Seriously this has changed my life!! My skin is so soft and just glows now! The dry patches and flakes have been greatly reduced which makes my makeup go on so much smoother too. It doesn't cause me any pesky breakouts so that's a huge plus and since you only need a little bit I'm sure it'll last a good amount of time. I also like how I can use this on my eyes without irritation. Being an oil you'd think it would be greasy but it isn't IMO it sinks right into the skin. I find 3-4 drops plenty to cover my face and neck. It isn't scented but I can smell the natural scent of the oil, which to be honest I think it kind of smells like cooking oil but it's so light and doesn't linger that I can look past it. Also the dropper is a bit useless since it drips out whether or not you squeeze it so it can be messy if you aren't careful. Lastly I do notice it to leave a very slight (I mean like hardly noticeable) yellowish tan tint (temporary not staining) to my light skin tone. All in all I found the pros of this product to far outweigh the small negatives. Game changer for me :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Well I never really get pimples probably 1x/3 months ... But the one time I used this product it gave me 3 cystic acne bumps on my forehead, cheek and chin... That took weeks to settle.
I'm so afraid to give it another try :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great skin-balancing non poreclogging but intensive moisturizer. Great on it's own, but also works great with any moisturizer (cream or lotion) that may work for you. I personally have very dry skin and use it on its own but also with Bare Escentuals Purely Nourishing moisturizer. Both work great to heal and soothe my extra dry skin without making it feel heavy or give me any risk much at all for breakouts. But Argan Oil is such a special ingredient and is one of the best things for any skin type as it hydrates but also heals and balances oily skin too. And, it's completely natural and the stuff from Josie Maran is this wonderful ingredient in its most natural form and the topmost quality out there, Try it! Love it and I know you will too!