Walgreens - Alpha Hydroxy Lotion 8%

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: WATER, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCOLIC ACID, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, STEARIC ACID, AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, ISOSTEARIC ACID, DIMETHICONE, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, PEG-40 STEARATE, SORBITAN STEARATE, SORBIC ACID, BHT, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Wow.
I am now a member of the Church of Better Living Through Chemistry.
Having been a chem major, one would think I could keep track of the all the fun new verbiage of skin care. Instead, it confused me- AHAs? acid? nia-what? So I ignored it, and figured that as long as I drank enough water and used sunscreen, I would be fine.
Alas, aging changes everything.
I don't have major skin issues- anymore- but I started to notice dullness...weird little bumps that weren't really acne..and of course, scarring left over from years of too-enthusiastic bouts of "picking" at acne.

I lurk about the skin care board- and I had read the glowing reviews of this product. On Day 1 of a 4 day cross country road trip, I pulled into a Walgreens in Nowhere, WY, and picked up a jar of Alpha Hydroxy, and used it that night in my hotel room. I assumed I was setting myself up for a failure of epic proportions.
Oh, not so, not at all.
By the second day, I could see the change.
Little weird bumps? GONE.
Glowy, radiant skin worthy of a 13 year old? MINE.
Diminished acne scars? NO WAY.

Yes, all true. I love this stuff. Never, ever has a single product made this much of a difference in my appearance. No foundation, lipstick, hairstyle, nor great sex has ever made me look this good.

The packaging is bleak, at best- c'mon now, its a DRUGSTORE BRAND. Do not let this dissuade you.
Get this, and get it now.
It does burn, at first. I don't have sensitive skin, and I didn't develop burn scars nor crippling disfigurement. But, YMMV. It does sting.

This product goes down in the annuals of 2010 as the best $7 I have ever spent.

It does smell a bit. But seriously, it could smell like pig dung and I would still use it.

Stop reading, and go buy this right now :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This stuff is AMAZING! I have very sensitive skin and I was a little worried about using lotion that is not a name brand.. I wear this at night and when I wake up my skin is so smooth. Not to mention I get small lil white heads under my skin on my cheeks well this stuff dried those put by the morning!! This lotion has also cleared up 90% of the black heads on my nose after about a week or 2 this is def my HG night creme!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

3 weeks ago I tried this on my almost 37 year old skin. After 3 days, my skin glowed----and I mean GLOWED! 3 weeks now and my skin looks amazing. The whiteheads scattered about my face are gone- as are the fine lines around my eyes. Pre-foundation it looks like I already have foundation on- Post foundation --my face looks like a picture from a magazine that's been airbrushed. My skin hasn't looked this good since pre-puberty!!! I don't care for the jar since I know it's easier for bacteria to grow--but I wash my hands really good prior to using and also shake the tub and only use the cream that's on the inside of the lid.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Lets me say how AMAZING this cream is. I have been using it for about 4 years. When i first started to use it, my acne was so bad. My face was full of cystic acne and nothing seemed to work..... until I got my hands on this cream. Wow the first time after I used it, it minimized all of my pimples and after a few days, they were mostly gone. The alpha hydroxy is the greatest thing out there. The texture of the cream is a little oily, but I highly recommend sticking to this cream. Results will happen! The only problem is that after a while my skin adjusts to it and gets used to it, so I recommend switching to another simple cream every few months for a few days at a time, this way the alpha hydroxy will always work. For anyone who has acne, go to makeup artists choice and purchase their glycolic acid peel and use it daily or every other day. Clear skin will be there in a week! (it helped me, and my acne was so bad that I was on Accutane twice, nothing worked)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this because of the rave reviews hoping it would be a miracle in a jar as it has for others. Sadly, I couldn't use it long enough to find out. I hated the way this felt on my face. Too greasy for my oily skin, too much stinging and itching. I did apply very sparingly as the instructions said. After a few minutes my pores seemed to be "sweating" little drops of oil. It smells just like Elmers glue, which I could have dealt with if it felt better. I also didn't like that the tub wasn't sealed when I bought it. It is a huge amount of product for about 6 bucks so no complaints there. Skincare is my only real way of splurging on myself and I like the products I use to be enjoyable. This just wasn't. I only used it for about two weeks total and had to toss it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The morning after using this for the first time, I woke up with the most beautiful skin I've had in a while. It looked like I was wearing foundation and it was very glowy. It all went downhill from there, after I started breaking out, which I interpreted as "purging," so I waited it out for several weeks. The breakouts never stopped and it clogged my pores everywhere! After a quick search on the skincare board, I found out there is highly comedogenic ingredient in this that triggers breakouts; I'm not sure which one it is. The texture was nice and moisturizing but it stung my skin every time, though it went away. I just bought the more pricey Alpha Hydrox AHA souffle to try out, which strangely enough, contains more AHA but stings less on my skin.

i really really like this cream. During the year I was having some acne issues and some scarring which was weird for me so I went on a search for a good acne cream and I came across this. My acne scars are clearing up, my skin looks better, and when I do get a small break out it doesn't turn into a huge acne problem. This cream is def a go.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I wanted to love it, but this thick cream clogged my pores and didn't really exfoliate well.

I've been using this Amazing cream for over two months and it has Totally cleared up my skin! I was breaking out badly and had tried most everything until I read the reviews here about this cream, I was happy my nearby walgreens had it in stock. Not only did it clear up my skin it made it even toned and luminous plus helped get rid of a few lines beginning to form around my mouth (smile lines.) I use it only on my face not near my eyes and I do use a light moisturizer over it since my skin is a little on the dry side. I've also used it on my hands on occasion and it makes my hands look Fabulous! I didn't go through much purging as others have, just a little for a few days, nothing a bit of concealer couldn't cover. This cream is really Fantastic for so little $ and you get a big tub of it so it lasts & lasts! I highly recommend it for any age. Great looking skin that glows from within is so wonderful to have again! A big Thank You to all that reviewed this cream :)

I've been using the Ole Henriksen Invigorating night gel with the Sheer Transformation at night and I loved the results. I hated the price though- $45 for each. I read the reviews for this and the Alpha Hydrox souffle and thought why not? I tried this one first since it was the most accessible and I love it! I don't need another moisturizer on top of it and I can use it on my body as well. I've had no reactions to this product at all (purging etc) and will buy it again when I go through it. Awesome!