September 15, 2014 | 968 users online

Treatments (Face) - Walgreens - Alpha Hydroxy Lotion 8%

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

i really really like this cream. During the year I was having some acne issues and some scarring which was weird for me so I went on a search for a good acne cream and I came across this. My acne scars are clearing up, my skin looks better, and when I do get a small break out it doesn't turn into a huge acne problem. This cream is def a go.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Ayuri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love it, but this thick cream clogged my pores and didn't really exfoliate well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by EdenEve

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this Amazing cream for over two months and it has Totally cleared up my skin! I was breaking out badly and had tried most everything until I read the reviews here about this cream, I was happy my nearby walgreens had it in stock. Not only did it clear up my skin it made it even toned and luminous plus helped get rid of a few lines beginning to form around my mouth (smile lines.) I use it only on my face not near my eyes and I do use a light moisturizer over it since my skin is a little on the dry side. I've also used it on my hands on occasion and it makes my hands look Fabulous! I didn't go through much purging as others have, just a little for a few days, nothing a bit of concealer couldn't cover. This cream is really Fantastic for so little $ and you get a big tub of it so it lasts & lasts! I highly recommend it for any age. Great looking skin that glows from within is so wonderful to have again! A big Thank You to all that reviewed this cream :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by cjcrute

I've been using the Ole Henriksen Invigorating night gel with the Sheer Transformation at night and I loved the results. I hated the price though- $45 for each. I read the reviews for this and the Alpha Hydrox souffle and thought why not? I tried this one first since it was the most accessible and I love it! I don't need another moisturizer on top of it and I can use it on my body as well. I've had no reactions to this product at all (purging etc) and will buy it again when I go through it. Awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by sweeetie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pretty amazing. I have acne and lots of acne scars. The first 2 times I used this I gave up because it was a nightmare. The purging was crazy, I got whiteheads, cysts, little bumps. I wanted to give up, so I did after a week or so.
I picked it up again a week later and understood why AHAs are so amazing. Since it got all the crap out of my skin, it started to heal. My skin looks like HEALTHY nice even skin. I'm sure that soon I will be able to go without foundation, never thought that would happen.
My routine is this ( and I recommend this for acne prone skin) :

Day:
Oxy Sensitive 5% BP Wash
Clinique Moisturizing Gel

Night:
Oxy Sensitive 5% BP Wash (sometimes add St Ives scrub)
Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy Lotion (sometimes add jojoba oil)

Buy it! It's so cheap, and worth a try. It can be your hg too :)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was reading a book on skin (I'm hugely interested in skin, I hope to become a dermatologist one day) and I came across the topic of Hydroxy Acids. To put it simply, they're just good for your skin, and I figured I could incorporate it into my daily skin routine. I was glad to find a reasonably priced walgreens version. At the time, I didn't realize that my teenage skin didn't really need an Alpha Hydroxy Acid. (AHA's are for mature, sun damaged, thickened skin while BHA's are for oily, acne-prone skin). So I stopped. I still have the jar, and there's quite a bit left. I tried getting my mom to use it but she complained about stinging. It's true, it'll sting, but like any chemical you put on your face, but need to start off slowly to let the skin adjust. If you're going to try this AHA, I suggest applying it at night once every three days and work your way up every other day, or possibly daily.
I suggest using it at night for a few reasons. One, if your skin does get a little pink and irritated at first, it'll be gone by morning. Two, it's an almost silky, thin cream, and it'll make your skin look quite oily. That's the price of buying a generic, less expensive cream I suppose.
Well, do your research on Hydroxy Acids and if you find you may benefit from an AHA, this is definitely a great one to try.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by gabiinchicago

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate the tub, I was reluctant to try this on my face because everything breaks me out! I decided to jump in, and I'm so glad I did. I have not had a single spot since starting this about three weeks ago, so I didn't experience the purging some wrote about. I apply it morning and night on my face, neck, arms, legs, and feet (it's so cheap, why not). I felt no sting at all, and I got past the smell pretty quickly. I apply just about a pea-size to my face because I really don't think I need much, using a mu spatula. I have noticed flakies on my arms and legs, but not on my face. UPDATE: had to stop using this on my face; started breaking out.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by kalisaen

I've been applying this stuff at night (A very small amount) for the past few months and it's made my skin so soft it's ridiculous. I never got that stinging sensation but I did feel itchy the first few days, but it went away as time went on. I had some purging but it quickly went away with some Persagel. I didn't notice too much of a difference with acne scars, but it did make my lighter scars go away very quickly. I hate the jar packaging and it doesn't smell pleasant but I'd definitely purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know people LOVE LOVE LOVE this, but I'm not one of them!!!! Based on the great reviews, I tried it, stuck it out through the purging... which never stopped!!! As soon as I switched to the Alpha Hydrox oil-free product, it started improving!!! Worth a try for the price, but very happy that experimenrt is over!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. Six bucks for a genuine anti-aging (albeit mild anti-aging) product.

I use it all over my body because it's so cheap. Wish it were thinner, though. Keeps my whole body soft. I've been using it forever and I've always gotten compliments on how soft my skin is, especially by menfolk.

I use Retin A on my face, which helps with new acne, but I have a ton of old red scars that the Retin A never helped. This stuff seems to fade them. (I alternate nightly with the Retin A and frequently in the daytime.)

Edit: I've been adding a drop of MUAC 60% glycolic to it - a small dab will cover my entire face with a thin layer. I use it this way once a week or so, in between monthly glycolic peels to maintain.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No