November 28, 2014 | 1912 users online

Treatments (Face) - Walgreens - Alpha Hydroxy Lotion 8%

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by kimmyshimmy

3 weeks ago I tried this on my almost 37 year old skin. After 3 days, my skin glowed----and I mean GLOWED! 3 weeks now and my skin looks amazing. The whiteheads scattered about my face are gone- as are the fine lines around my eyes. Pre-foundation it looks like I already have foundation on- Post foundation --my face looks like a picture from a magazine that's been airbrushed. My skin hasn't looked this good since pre-puberty!!! I don't care for the jar since I know it's easier for bacteria to grow--but I wash my hands really good prior to using and also shake the tub and only use the cream that's on the inside of the lid.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by halina729

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lets me say how AMAZING this cream is. I have been using it for about 4 years. When i first started to use it, my acne was so bad. My face was full of cystic acne and nothing seemed to work..... until I got my hands on this cream. Wow the first time after I used it, it minimized all of my pimples and after a few days, they were mostly gone. The alpha hydroxy is the greatest thing out there. The texture of the cream is a little oily, but I highly recommend sticking to this cream. Results will happen! The only problem is that after a while my skin adjusts to it and gets used to it, so I recommend switching to another simple cream every few months for a few days at a time, this way the alpha hydroxy will always work. For anyone who has acne, go to makeup artists choice and purchase their glycolic acid peel and use it daily or every other day. Clear skin will be there in a week! (it helped me, and my acne was so bad that I was on Accutane twice, nothing worked)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the rave reviews hoping it would be a miracle in a jar as it has for others. Sadly, I couldn't use it long enough to find out. I hated the way this felt on my face. Too greasy for my oily skin, too much stinging and itching. I did apply very sparingly as the instructions said. After a few minutes my pores seemed to be "sweating" little drops of oil. It smells just like Elmers glue, which I could have dealt with if it felt better. I also didn't like that the tub wasn't sealed when I bought it. It is a huge amount of product for about 6 bucks so no complaints there. Skincare is my only real way of splurging on myself and I like the products I use to be enjoyable. This just wasn't. I only used it for about two weeks total and had to toss it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The morning after using this for the first time, I woke up with the most beautiful skin I've had in a while. It looked like I was wearing foundation and it was very glowy. It all went downhill from there, after I started breaking out, which I interpreted as "purging," so I waited it out for several weeks. The breakouts never stopped and it clogged my pores everywhere! After a quick search on the skincare board, I found out there is highly comedogenic ingredient in this that triggers breakouts; I'm not sure which one it is. The texture was nice and moisturizing but it stung my skin every time, though it went away. I just bought the more pricey Alpha Hydrox AHA souffle to try out, which strangely enough, contains more AHA but stings less on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

i really really like this cream. During the year I was having some acne issues and some scarring which was weird for me so I went on a search for a good acne cream and I came across this. My acne scars are clearing up, my skin looks better, and when I do get a small break out it doesn't turn into a huge acne problem. This cream is def a go.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Ayuri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love it, but this thick cream clogged my pores and didn't really exfoliate well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by EdenEve

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this Amazing cream for over two months and it has Totally cleared up my skin! I was breaking out badly and had tried most everything until I read the reviews here about this cream, I was happy my nearby walgreens had it in stock. Not only did it clear up my skin it made it even toned and luminous plus helped get rid of a few lines beginning to form around my mouth (smile lines.) I use it only on my face not near my eyes and I do use a light moisturizer over it since my skin is a little on the dry side. I've also used it on my hands on occasion and it makes my hands look Fabulous! I didn't go through much purging as others have, just a little for a few days, nothing a bit of concealer couldn't cover. This cream is really Fantastic for so little $ and you get a big tub of it so it lasts & lasts! I highly recommend it for any age. Great looking skin that glows from within is so wonderful to have again! A big Thank You to all that reviewed this cream :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by cjcrute

I've been using the Ole Henriksen Invigorating night gel with the Sheer Transformation at night and I loved the results. I hated the price though- $45 for each. I read the reviews for this and the Alpha Hydrox souffle and thought why not? I tried this one first since it was the most accessible and I love it! I don't need another moisturizer on top of it and I can use it on my body as well. I've had no reactions to this product at all (purging etc) and will buy it again when I go through it. Awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by sweeetie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pretty amazing. I have acne and lots of acne scars. The first 2 times I used this I gave up because it was a nightmare. The purging was crazy, I got whiteheads, cysts, little bumps. I wanted to give up, so I did after a week or so.
I picked it up again a week later and understood why AHAs are so amazing. Since it got all the crap out of my skin, it started to heal. My skin looks like HEALTHY nice even skin. I'm sure that soon I will be able to go without foundation, never thought that would happen.
My routine is this ( and I recommend this for acne prone skin) :

Day:
Oxy Sensitive 5% BP Wash
Clinique Moisturizing Gel

Night:
Oxy Sensitive 5% BP Wash (sometimes add St Ives scrub)
Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy Lotion (sometimes add jojoba oil)

Buy it! It's so cheap, and worth a try. It can be your hg too :)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was reading a book on skin (I'm hugely interested in skin, I hope to become a dermatologist one day) and I came across the topic of Hydroxy Acids. To put it simply, they're just good for your skin, and I figured I could incorporate it into my daily skin routine. I was glad to find a reasonably priced walgreens version. At the time, I didn't realize that my teenage skin didn't really need an Alpha Hydroxy Acid. (AHA's are for mature, sun damaged, thickened skin while BHA's are for oily, acne-prone skin). So I stopped. I still have the jar, and there's quite a bit left. I tried getting my mom to use it but she complained about stinging. It's true, it'll sting, but like any chemical you put on your face, but need to start off slowly to let the skin adjust. If you're going to try this AHA, I suggest applying it at night once every three days and work your way up every other day, or possibly daily.
I suggest using it at night for a few reasons. One, if your skin does get a little pink and irritated at first, it'll be gone by morning. Two, it's an almost silky, thin cream, and it'll make your skin look quite oily. That's the price of buying a generic, less expensive cream I suppose.
Well, do your research on Hydroxy Acids and if you find you may benefit from an AHA, this is definitely a great one to try.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No