April 19, 2014 | 1042 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by hellokittybrock

Very nice lp with some coverage. It comes in a 30g tub n I use it everyday. It has been 8 months n I have used only half of it. I think this can last me 16 mths. lol. Money n quantity aside, the quality is not bad if u r looking for a powder that is rather refined. Controls oil n gives a nice finish. Its not as refined as the mufe silica powder which a fren of mine hates. The only con I can think of is it can look heavy if u had lf in the morning, had your lp n during lunch u didn't blot your face well n layered a thick layer of chanel lp on top of the grime. Dry skin types should have no problem. Its just me.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by cahall2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay - yes, this is expensive. Of course it is, it's Chanel. But I have to say that this is the best value for powder that I have come across.
As has been mentioned, this is very finely milled, so it does not look cakey, it does not settle into my fine lines (and oh yes, I have them!) and it provides a really beautiful finish. Matte, but not dead looking. Long lasting. My absolute favorite loose powder - it makes almost any foundation look better. You don't need much to get the job done.

I don't carry this with me - the container is huge and it works best if you can just keep it upright so the powder doesn't go everywhere when you open it. But it lasts most of the day, so I don't need it for touch-ups. You get a ton of product - my most recent one has lasted me a year and I'm not out of it yet. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gift from my aunt. I normally go for pressed powders as they're neater and better for on the go, but I hardly bother with bringing my powder with me, so maybe I should start using more loose ones! This powder feels silky-smooth and does a great job of mattifying my face without caking up (no other powder I've tried has been able to mattify my skin this much!). It has a light, pleasant scent, and fortunately my skin is fine with it. It doesn't completely keep the oil at bay, though; I get shiny (especially around my nose) by the end of the day, but I have yet to find my holy grail oil control products. Also, it provides no coverage (I have a lot to cover), but I won't take any points off as I got the translucent version. If I had the money, I'd definitely buy this, and I'd get one that isn't translucent!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by hireen

I got it after reading such great reviews, but still don't know how I feel about this. Let's see...

The pros are that it gives an even coverage that lasts all day. I don't have to reapply it, good for covering blemishes/redness. Plus, it's expensive, but there's SO MUCH, and the jar is lovely.

Cons - it's a little too .. much, too powdery for my liking, and the smell, oh my god, it smells like baby powder.

Plus, it made me break out! A week before my period, I always get hormonal acne in my nose/mouth/chin area. Three or four big, annoying pimples on schedule, like clockwork, and it clears out after a week-ish, depending.

But with this... I'll break out all the time. Little pink spots and dry bumps all over my face, even in places I never usually have acne - forehead & hairline, cheeks & jawline... even eyebrows. I'm just happy that it wasn't cystic acne, and the spots were mostly manageable, disappearing after a day or two. It's just not fun to deal with when I'm already sensitive about my complexion.

So... now I'm back to using MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, but I might give this another shot when my skin calms down & I don't have anywhere to be for a week. Maybe I have to use a lighter touch, like I didn't shake off the excess enough, or use it alone days when I'm not using liquid foundation... I dunno. It's too expensive to throw out. Or I might just repurpose the jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Recussion

I bought this powder after reading great reviews and because my other powders ran out. First of all, this powder makes your skin look very even, it gives you a matte finish (be careful not to apply to much as this will make you look powdery). The key is to apply a LITTLE. One huge downside of this product is the packaging. I seriously hate it so much. Whenever I open the jar, a lot of product just falls out, as I keep it in my make up bag (which moves a lot). This is rather wasteful as the product is really expensive. When you keep it on the shelf and don't move too much it's probably OK. I also hate the application spunge you get with it. It looks great over Kanebo Sensai Fluid Finish Foundation. I guess it lasts for 4-5 hours so re-applying throughout the day is necessary. All in all: very nice powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by katnchimo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As most other MUA-ers agree, this is a FANTASTIC powder. I've used it over any combination of the following: primer, concealer, liquid foundation, tinted moisturizer, etc. All with excellent results. I really like using the included poof applicator for the loose powder. I wish that there were a separate compartment or some way to keep the poof separate from the powder in transit so it doesn't get covered in powder (hence my one lippie off for packaging, though the rest of it is beautiful).

I also have the pressed powder compact to keep in my purse. Honestly, if you are going to buy the loose or the pressed powder, I like the loose powder more. It picks up and applies the product better, and thus it's easier to get a great finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by mimisang

Very smooth and pigmented product! Value for money and the quality is superb. Very fine and a little goes a long way. This product is my HG even powders like MUFE, MAC are not as good as this......I LOVE IT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

I Am HUGE on Setting powders cause unfortunately I have OILY skin!!!
I have tried everything from NARS to Palladio and although the price is a bit steep this is still by far the BEST Setting POWDER ever!!! It sets everything.. DIMINISHES my small pits and big pores...
it stays matte for a pretty decent amount of time.. lets be honest.. NO powder will make an oily face stay matte FOREVER.

THIS makes my skin look super smooth and soft to the touch.
cause i hate my foundation feeling sticky on my face..
I am on my 3rd container.. decided to shop around and test other powders cause chanel is a bit pricey.. but this still tops it all!!! even the MUF matte is not as finely milled as this..

BEST BEST POWDER for oily, sensitive, acne prone skin!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in the pressed compact version because it's way easier to travel with and to take in your handbag. This powder is so beautiful. Not cakes, no white cast, it doesn't make all this little invisible hairs on your face stand out, it doesn't add a heavy layer to your face. It is magic, light weight, hides pores and diminishes shine. But it doesn't make your look unnaturally matte. Just lovely natural finish. Gosh I love this powder...go try it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by andreeamanu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i bought this powder 2 weeks ago from sephora and i like it so much! i decided to take 40 dore translucent 3, it is a bit darker than 30, my regular channel colour, but it gives a nice finish touch to the make up and the skin is getting a slightly tanned colour. generally i put make up for ever primer, teint innocence channel foundation and then this poweder using mac brush, then little blush. really great combination. i would buy it again.