October 21, 2014 | 1900 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by carlz33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this powder to set my foundation and I am loving it. It leaves the skin feeling silky, does not accentuate any dry areas of my skin and really stops any shine from appearing. I can go an entire day without reapplying any powder and still be shine-free by the time I take off my make up. This is the only powder I will ever use <3

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Elena1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very good loose powder that gives a natural finish and perfectly sets my Chanel foundation. Like any other loose powder it has a light coverage. Usually I apply it with a puff only on the T-zone and it stays absolutely invisible on my face but at the same time it makes the skin tone more even and the skin feels silkier after applying the powder. I also like that it is oil-free.
This powder goes in a huge container. I believe even if I use it every single morning it will last 1-1.5 year. BUT I strongly believe that the container is over-sized to attract the customers. I compare it with Clinique blended face powder (it goes with a swivel-out brush) and it contains 35g (while Chanel contains only 30g). The container of Clinique is almost twice smaller that makes it comfortable to have it even in my bag if I wish and not just leaving it in a drawer like I do with Chanel.
In spite I am absolutely satisfied with the excellent quality of Chanel loose powder, I didn’t see any difference with the one I had before (Clinique). The difference is only in price. Clinique 35g costs 26.00euro and Chanel 30g costs 51.50 euro.
I will not repurchase it again and will go back to Clinique.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by eileen08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this powder! Gives a lovely finish, great for photographing. You also get allot of product that will last for ages, even though, you loose some of it while dusting so be careful how you use it.
I have it in 25 peche clair, a nice peachy matte colour, that matches my skin perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by lilme1301

Woah baby! The make-up gods have finally heard my prayers. Let me begin with stating that I have tried so many powders over the years hoping to find the one that will offer good coverage, but also wouldn't cause break outs (which resulted in being next to impossible with my kind of skin). So I tried Lily Lolo, Laura Mercier, Sephora, MAC—the list is endless—and all left me disappointed. But THEN, I stumbled upon this beauty! I must admit, my expectations were sky-high after skimming through so many positive reviews, and this product did not let me down. I was thrilled to see how flawless my skin looked after applying, and even more excited to see that it didn't look a mess the following day. The shine control is amazing, and this is coming from someone who has very oily skin. Yes, the price is a bit steep as others have mentioned, but the containers offers so much that I don't see the need for replacement anytime soon. Also, keep in mind that since the coverage is so good, there's no need to cake on the powder; only a little will do. RUN OUT AND BUY IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by dolceviiita

This is such a staple product in my everyday makeup routine. It seriously blurs any imperfection on my face and keeps my face luminous yet free of oils at the same time. How is this even possible? I tried applying this on my lazy days on top of sunscreen, and even then my skin looked incredibly beautiful. Imagine how much it did for my skin when applied on top of tinted moisturizer or foundation! Beautiful beautiful product. I can't live without it now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by xkimberr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

FINALLY! A setting powder that does not make you look like a ghost in pictures with flash. Even though it is a bit pricey, it is worth it. Gives your face a nice glow, and is the perfect finishing touch. I don't think my makeup looks complete without it now because it just gives you a natural glow and pulls all the elements of your makeup together (if that makes sense). It also comes in three colors so don't be nervous that it'll just sit on top of your makeup and not blend. A must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Ritarella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally the setting powder I was looking for! Does not cake the foundation, makes it last longer, has no colour (I have it in naturelle). The jar is massive and you use really little product every time, so the price is not that bad if you consider this. I love this powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by jermainexoxo

Love this product! It keeps my face matte for the entire day and it doesn't cake up or anything. The price may be high but the amount of product you purchase is a lot! I use it on almost every weekdays for 9 months now and there is still so much product left. But i don't really fancy the powder puff which came with it. It picks up to much product and it could leave me looking like a clown. It could be easily solved by purchasing another powder brush.
Another bad thing about this is that the whole powder container is very big. It takes up so much space that i won't bring it out. If your face is extremely greasy and you must touch up on your loose powder, then i guess buying a small loose powder container and transferring a small amount of product over would help?
Would definitely repurchase this. How i wish Chanel could come out w something more compact tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by apalazon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For me this is THE make up piece. I am absolutely in love with this product, from its packaging to the actual quality of it. I would go bare on my face with this as the only make up on and it shows the difference... its perfect for summer since it leaves your skin mate and prevents it from getting that oily nasty look. I would recommend this 100% and if you are going to buy only one expensive make up, this is the one!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by seacolourr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this loose powder. I am normally a pressed powder girl as I have to be into the office early in the morning and it's just easier to grab for pressed over loose; However, this product is amazing. It keeps the oils away longer than any powder I have. Life saver for days that I know are going to be long.

It comes in a nice large container with a significant amount of product, so while it is pricey, you get what you pay for. You probably will never have to repurchase this product because you get such a large amount! The powder puff that it comes with is nice too. Super soft, and great for the "pat and roll" technique. It is also great because it does not interfere with the shade of my foundation. There is color to it, but I find it really faint, which I like because too often I find myself looking a bit ashy with translucent powders.

Highly recommend!