September 17, 2014 | 1929 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish I had found this product years ago. I have really fair skin, but persistent redness in my nose, cheeks, chin and have always had to buy yellow foundations to compensate for it. With this product, the redness is alleviated! This stuff works great on it's own, or over my moisturizer (DDMG) without messing up the appearance of my foundation/TM (I use Clinique's Almost Makeup ). This does not ball up like the City Block SPF25 does, so it's an excellent option for those seeking a chemical free SPF. Absorbs easily, and does not leave behind an oily residue (and I have a very oily t-zone). Enough green to even out redness, without making you...well...green! Also very important, this has a non-chemical SPF, making it a sunscreen and primer in one easy step. I might try other products in the Redness Solutions line now, because I love this stuff so much!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by thecoolkid619

This did not work well for me. I have hyperpigmentation in my cheeks and it did not reduce the redness. I am better off with a green tinted concealer.
If you don't have horrible redness this would probably work well.
It also seemed to make my skin look paler.
It isn't that great of a makeup primer for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this for so may reasons. I am super pale and my skin can get really red so this was very attractive to me. I am always on the lookout for a new primer that can help control the oil and not break me out. This goes on like a moisturizer than gets super greasy in less than an hour or two. It made me very oily (oiler than usual in fact). It did nothing for the redness. I also didn't like the way it felt on my freshly scrubbed face. When you are oily like me and your skin is nice and clean, you want a fresh matte feeling before putting on make up because you know that the oil will come eventually. Well this looked and felt oily even before I put my foundation on (bad sign).

I was super oily in only a couple of hours and it just felt greasy. I think this might be a nice product for someone with dryer skin. If you are oily, good luck! I don't need a product that only adds to my oil problem and this totally did. I even used a powder over it one day when I was home not wearing any makeup (thinking maybe then it wouldn't get so oily), but my face looked cakey and oily within a couple of hours (and most powders will not do that over other primers I've tried THIS fast). I love that it's in a tube and made by Clinique because their stuff always smells so clinical and fresh, but this product did nothing for me. I can't imagine this working for any oily skins out there, but if it does more power to you. This was a disappointment for me (and whatever you do, if you are oily at all, don't use moisturizer AND this product together or you will be blotting every few minutes)!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2008 10:16:00 AM More reviews by lilypad1213

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this and liked it enough to buy it. I don't have severe redness with my rosacea, so I think my expectations were not reasonable for what it would do for me. I do have to give it about 5 minutes to sink in well before using foundation. I seem to use less foundation and my skin looks fresher and brighter. I have even gotten compliments on my skin when I wear this.

I would recommend it if you don't have severe redness. It isn't a concealer. But it feels good on my skin, seems to help my makeup look better and last longer. I also like the sunscreen, even if it is a little low, it's more than I was using before. So many suncreens just burn.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 1:02:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have mild rosacea and thread veins around my nose plus a blotchy chin area. While this green base did not sink into my pores, there was no redness reduction. It did not do anything at all for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2008 6:13:00 AM More reviews by intrepidgourmet

I got the Daily Protective Base as part of a set containing the cleanser and the daily moisturizer, and I think this is by far the best product in Clinique's Redness Solutions line. I have mild rosacea, which gives my nose area the typical sun-burnt look, and I have found that the green tint and light consistency of this primer help diffuse some of the redness (if not all of it) without looking obvious. Unlike other reviewers, I am not too concerned about the rather low SPF15. I always wear this primer under Clinique's Super City Block SPF40, whose thick consistency and light beige tint also help diffusing redness and blemishes. I will definitely repurchase.
UPDATE: In the end I decided to do away with camouflage products like this and full-coverage foundation and spend my hard-earned cash on laser treatments, which actually work on redness and rosacea. After a couple of sessions there is still a hint of redness, but I can now finally wear tinted moisturisers and sheer foundations, yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2008 10:26:00 AM More reviews by jomdaly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this as a fall/winter sunscreen if my skin is not too dry. I need to use a non-chemical sunscreen and this one does reduce the redness, but does not work well with my foundations. But, as one reviewer noted, this works well if you do not require a lot of makeup. I used this mostly on the weekends if I were just out and about running errands. It is pricy for casual use, so I am not sure I'll repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by SunnybrookNorth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. The green is ok...it lessens the redness slightly. However, the real benefit of RSDPB is that it is a nonchemical sunscreen that is NOT sticky, white, or too heavy. I agree I would like to see a higher SPF, but at least I know I WILL wear this everyday.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 8:14:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

This is a light green mouse like product.Does not contain any chemical sunscreens,Has a green tint to help conceal redness.It is oil free,and wears well under my make up.This product cost me 22 euros and It comes in a 40 ml tube.It is a stable spf 15 with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.I would like to see this formula but with a higher spf.I have very sensitive oily skin and Its impossible to wear sunscreen with chemical ingredients specially with oxybenzone and this one Its the only choice I have plus the fact that It is oil free.The only negative think that I can thing about this product is that Its a bit oily for my super oily skin during the summer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by MRSLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample at Nordstrom. I have used Physican's Formula gentle cover green stick with SPF 15 for maybe 12 years and thought I would try this. My skin just doesn't like it. After a few minutes my face burned but I left it on and now later in the day I feel greasy and my skin looks red and upset. This product is not for me.