December 18, 2014 | 1646 users online

Toners - Rosewater

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by crossett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it. So simple. I bought some to try after reading the reviews, it's worked itself on to my list of "must have". I use it after deep cleaning to keep my face from feeling too tight. I like the smell of roses. It's also great to spray over make up to give yourself a glow. I don't know what to say - except for the price you should try it. If your skin likes it - excellent, and if you don't love it, you haven't spend a crazy amount of money on a product you don't like. Being in a spray you can use it for many other purposes besides your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by LastNameAvailable

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG toner! I'd bathe in it if I could! For years I tried to find something that was gentle enough and non drying. I've yet to try this with added glycerin but as-is it's phenomenal! It's even bumped my first favorite- Witch hazel- out of the top spot. Whenever I have redness or just plain need a pick me up for my face I reach for it. It's especially nice after exfoliation. Rebottled, it make a lovely body mist, and I've sprayed it in my hair as a perfume as well as a defrizzer. This is one of the few grooming products that I just can't live without.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by caramelkiss19

I just got my second bottle of this. I originally started out with Gow's rose hydrosol (garden of wisdom) and that was lovely. I could really tell my skin liked it, a calmer more radiant complexion. I've tried a few other facial sprays as I like to apply them after my powder foundation to set it. I saw the Heritage products version on my last trip to the health food store. Very inexpensive, smells lovely *I tend to spray all over because I love the fragrance so! This is going to be a staple for me, now I really want to find a good rose lipbalm...Definitey worth it cheap and wonderful stuff.
Update 5/2012- Although cosmetically elegant I can't see any real treatment benefit, I no longer wear powder Mu so this will not be repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

I only started using this product a few weeks ago after reading rave reviews on MUA. My parents had always banged on about rosewater and how good it was, but I didn't think much of it. I hate the smell of roses and it was just rose scented water, right? How ignorant I was back then hehe...

My parents purchased a bottle of rosewater whilst they were on holiday in Morroco, so I thought I'd give it a go. I mixed 3/4 pure rosewater with 1/4 of my La Roche Posay facial mist in a empty spray bottle. I started using it every night after I'd cleansed and applied my moisturizer.

I noticed a difference in my skin almost immediately. I'd been suffering from a bad breakout from a serum I used first time I tried rosewater, and the next day my pimples had cleared significantly. I was pretty impressed! Gradually, I noticed a reduction of breakouts, less oiliness and slightly softer skin. It really has made a difference. I also like to use this instead of Fix+ to spritz over makeup or to cool down on hot days. It does the exact same thing but for a fraction of the price and less chemicals ;)

I've read about benefits of rosewater and there seems to be quite a few...it has some antiseptic and anti bacterial properties. I guess this is why it helps with my breakouts.

I don't like the smell, but I'm not gonna complain much because the actual effect of rosewater on my skin is very good. If you like the smell of roses you could probably use this as a perfume though! Overall I really do like this and would urge all you other ladies to try it out :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 6:07:00 AM More reviews by nelson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe it's taken me so long to write a review for this product when it's one of only a handful of beauty products i cannot live without!
What i love about it most is that i can transform a creamy moisturiser into a lotion if my skin is feeling like it can't handle a lot of moisturiser (after all the only difference between a cream and a lotion is it's amount of H20!)
If my skin is very oily i'll just spray this on my face after washing it and skip the moisturiser, the rosewater stops my skin from going crepey overnight and stops a breakout. I started using this after splashing out and buying a very expensive bottle of Jurlique rosewater ten plus years ago which was more than $30 Australian for a smallish bottle, well hold on to your pennies ladies and gents, seriously don't bother! I buy mine from a Middle Eastern grocer down the road for about Aus $3.99 (and triple the size) and decantered it into a spray bottle and it is exactly the same thing! You can probably buy it at other supermarkets too.
Awesomeness in a bottle, and how good does it smell!
Oh and i should mention as it is intended for food have you tried sprinkling some over baklava or making a rosewater syrup for vanilla bavarois? It's totally delicious and your friends will think you're very fancy indeed, ok i'm digressing now, ha ha!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
Everything
Cons:
Nothing

Bottom Line: This is the best toner you will ever try. I am convinced it works for all skin types as it has worked for me during winter and summer. Definitely HG. I don't think I will ever use another toner again. Enough said. (I could rave on and on about it would that would take up too many characters.)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using the rosewater pictured for about 3 years for just about everything. I buy it at Whole Foods and use it almost daily. It is perfect for the beach to cool off or for removing salt after swimming in the ocean, I use it as a quick toner on the face and hands. It's also great to freshen up hair/makeup on the go. Once, I even used it combined with a Gillette Venus Spa Breeze razor for a quickie shave!
The scent is lovely and dissipates quick. I find that I re-buy this every time I run low. Rosewater for EVERYTHING!! Lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by femmechristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is very interesting. I just purchased this from Super Supplements for I think around $4.99 USD, as a body mist, and to refresh myself on hot days, etc. Then, when I was searching reviews for toners on here I saw it listed as one!! I've used it for a couple of days now and not only is it the perfect, subtle fragrance for me (it does fade, but I keep it in my purse and reapply throughout the day) but now that I think of it, I've noticed that my skin has been looking a little clearer lately! I will definitely start using it specifically as a toner and report back in a few weeks. I think this might be the phenomenon that some refer to as "shopping in your closet." :)

P.S. It is the same brand as the picture listed, but without glycerin. I'm curious, after reading some reviews, to try the glycerine one. I only didn't get it because it was a dollar more and I'm cheap! I've also noticed that if my underarms aren't feeling so fresh halfway through the day, it helps to spray some Rosewater there, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by broadway0rbust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I haven't been using this product very long - only about a week - but so far so good. I was a bit nervous that I'd walk around with a face smelling like roses (not a bad thing), but it dissipates very quickly, and leaves no trace of a smell. It is definitely refreshing, and it makes me feel so fancy! ;-) We'll see if it becomes an HG product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use flower water and herbal tea as a toner. It is affordable, simple, gentle on the skin and all natural. I must have saved a fortune since I switched to a more natural skincare (pure plant oils & butters, EOs, herbs, flower water, clays, etc...) and it also saved my skin! Now let me tell you specifically about rosewater. I'm talking about alcohol-free, genuine rosewater. There are some good cheap versions to be found and some not as good, but if you're aiming for best quality, then organic is the way to go. It is still pretty affordable compared with drugstore toners.
Rosewater, when used as a toner acts calming and feels incredibly gentle and refreshing. It is such a treat to use after a long, busy day, after I remove makeup, but also in the morning before applying moisturizer.
I keep some in an old spray (glass) bottle- and just spray on my face, or all over my body, right after shower. (this leaves my bathrobe smelling divine!)
Rosewater can also be used as a (final) hair rinse if you want your hair to smell like roses. I use the cheaper type for this. :)
(ps. If you're in Europe, akamuti.co.uk has a nice selection of organic flower water, including rosewater)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No