July 26, 2014 | 1475 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No 5 Eau Premiere

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by mg86

Eau Premiere is a soft, powdery floral perfume that's more boudoir than candy dish as far as feminine scents go: it's as sophisticated as it is youthful and, in a strange subtle way, sexy. I feel that this is a special everyday fragrance, if such a thing can exist. I want to wear it all the time and yet I feel very guilty dabbing it on if I am having a low-maintenance day. I'd skip this if I wasn't wearing a full face of make-up for example, but I wouldn't necessarily choose it for a special occasion. Despite that, I adore the way this perfume smells - it's understated elegance makes it special to me in a way that the other Chanel perfumes are not. There really is something very classic and pure about it.

Another plus is that Premiere doesn't have the same baggage as the regular No. 5. People may not instantly know this scent the way they do No. 5 and so I think that makes it a bit more personal - the presumptions people have about No.5 wearers may not necessarily apply to people wearing Premiere.

In short it is a smart but casual, somewhat low-key scent with a special edge. Skeptics may find they have a new favorite perfume after wearing it for a few hours. I know I did...

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very nice fragrance- lighter version of the original, but yet still soft, elegant and long lasting. Works well w/ my chemistry :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Katrinket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Received a large sample of this as an extra. Expected to hate it, as I really can't do the original chanel no. 5. But... I like it. Yes, enough to buy it. Huh.

Very easy to wear, not Too Much anything, but not boring either. I think several of you have called this a "sparkling" frag? Agreed. More fem than anything I wear. If I had a bottle, I'd reach for it every time I couldn't decide what to wear.

An odd layering that works: Eau premiere with L'Artisan Tea for Two. Or try anything smoky, probably. They complement each other.

Upping lippies to 5. Have a larger bottle now, and I wear it all the time. It's my go-to frag when I just want something lovely and wearable (not challenging).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by spyro

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent but it doesn't last very long. I like bold scents,and this none evaporates rather quickly on me..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by nena505

Love love love this perfume!!!! So fresh yet sophisticated. I've always appreciated the original, but it always overwhelmed me. Even if you don't like the original, give this one a try!!! And the packaging is so elegant!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by cmayes71

Love, love, love this perfume. The original No. 5 may be a little too much for me but this is a beautiful fragrance. On my skin, this is not a powdery smell. Definitely not "old lady". My husband loves this. Even my kids comment on how nice I smell. This is something I would purchase again and again. It may just be my signature fragrance. I just hope they don't discontinue it. If there's a saks near you please go in and try it out. So many perfumes just don't smell right on me but this one is perfection. I layer this with the chanel No. 5 lotion or velvet body cream. That way it lasts all day. All day I find myself smelling my arm. It's that good.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by chrystelica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not a big Chanel fan, and this starts off as a typical chypre, turns into a breezy, powdery fragrance, very stereotypical, nothing special on me at all, though pleasant. I'm not a big fan of this. Much more wearable than the original, I agree, but then again I don't like No. 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by kelly1600

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find this to be much more wearable than the original Chanel No. 5, especially for us younger ladies. I've learned to appreciate the original, but I don't feel mature enough somehow to wear it, and it makes me slightly melancholy. I know Eau Premiere is made for daytime wear, but I find myself saving it for special occasions also, weddings, graduation parties, etc. Actually a great price for the huge bottle you get (is it a 2.5 oz. bottle for around $110?) but I've only bought a decant so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by wristsniffer

I was a little wary of trying Eau Premiere, as I love the original No 5 and firmly believe in the adage "If it ain't broke don't fix it". In this case though, I admit Chanel have created an absolute delight. Eau Premiere is softer, warmer and kinder than the original and I am falling more in love with this every time I wear it. It also lingers on my skin all day. The feel of No 5 is still there, but with Eau Premiere her smile finally reaches her eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by maripoezia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not a fan of the original No. 5. It reminds me of something my grandmother would wear (actually my grandmother does wear it). The Eau Premiere is a much lighter version of it, and it smells so lovely, sweet and classic! I wear it everyday as my signature fragrance and highly recommend!