October 30, 2014 | 1433 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

I've tried many many types of oils to remove my makeup, especially waterproof eye makeup, but none can beat baby oil. Coconut oils cause stye to grow around my eyes. Olive oil sting my eyes and it doesn't even remove all the makeup like baby oil. I find olive oil too thick to spread and it end up stretching tearing my skin. grape seeds oil is actually very drying in the long run. Almond oils sting my eyes also. I really believe in using natural cold pressed, unprocessed, organic, pure stuff but they haven't been working for me, especially in the facial cleaning department. I also break out from extra virgin, cold pressed, organic oil. Same goes with the coconut. Jojoba makes me break out too. Then I realize that most nuts and seeds are high in allergen. Most will clog the pores even if they are all pure and natural. I end up going back to the cheapest and most effective item to clean my eyes, baby oil. It can be any baby oil, not just johnson's. I usually get the unscented ones. The generic target or walmart brands are usually only half price compared to johnson's and they work just the same. Baby oil is so cheap you can buy a heap for only a few dollars. They last forever and don't get contaminated too easily. My eyes stay soft moist without any issue with break out, clogged pores , eye infection like I get from the natural oils.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After doing some research on the SkinBoard I decided to give this a try as a m/u remover - 1st time I tried, I poured a little on one of my Equate m/u remover towlettes then used on my face - it worked but I wasn't thrilled with it.2nd time I used the giant/jumbo cotton balls. Poured the baby oil onto the cotton ball until it was almost soaked through to the other side then quickly started wiping my face w/it & so far, this has had the best results for me :) I've been rotating between this & my Pond's Cold Cream, but I would much rather use this b/c it's SO much cheaper! (not that cold cream is expensive but this is like,seriously cheap!) I also recently read on the skin board that some ppl have had success using this(mineral oil in general) to help w/clogged pores... I haven't noticed any difference in my own clogged pores yet (I don't have many & they're probably not even noticeable to other ppl but I know where each & every one on my face is & I want em gone! Lol) but I also haven't been using this for more than 2wks now either, so maybe I'll get to update/edit my review w/some great news about less clogged pores! ;D
In the mean time it's great for removing makeup - it certainly removes my Revlon CS & Estee Lauder DW(which are the 2 toughest I've tried!) &Since my skin is SERIOUSLY oily, I DO follow up afterwards with a very small amount of Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser -since the Cetaphil is indeed very gentle, it doesn't strip my natural oils & still leaves my skin glowing.
Will update my review in 1-2months with any more positive or negative effects from this as my m/u remover / cleanser!
*UPDATE 9/8/12*
Baby Oil has become a staple in my skincare routine -an absolute HG product. I use this every evening for makeup and/or sunscreen removal & cleansing. I pour a small amount (quarter size-ish?) into my hand, rub hands together then quickly start rubbing hands onto dry face. Massage for 3-4mins, then tissue off w/an Equate Remover Wipe & follow w/Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. (In the mornings I've been using GrapeSeed Oil) & with this routine (as well as BHA & AHA) -my skin has never looked, felt, or BEEN better!
I had a friend in HighSchool who always had GLOWING skin -face & body.. I asked her one day what the heck she used to always have such awesome skin & she said, "a few drops of baby oil in my bathwater &I also use it to remove my makeup" -At that time, (15-ish years ago!) it sounded *insane* to me & I never tried it..Having oily skin, companies & people tell us to stay as far away from oils as possible, that those of us with oily/acne-prone skin should look for things that are "oil free". &That *may* work fine for some, but for me anything that was labeled "for oily skin" ended up drying me out, therefore making my skin oilier & more broken out :(
I can truely say that oils (mineral & grapeseed at least) have changed my life -I've never been so happy NOT wearing makeup. All of my clogged pores have diminished & I no longer need to wear full coverage foundations on a daily basis(the Revlon ColorStay & ELDW are now only for special occassions!)
I highly reccomend baby oil as a cleanser and/or makeup remover for anyone out there who feels like they've tried everything for oily skin and/or acne. I had nothing else to try & nothing to lose (though even at that I admit it took me a few days of working up the nerve to put actual baby oil on my face Lol ;D) But it has definately balanced out my oil production- I no longer wake up looking like an absolute oil slick every morning. I really couldn't be more pleased even if baby oil were a $100 skincare product, so the fact that I can buy baby oil at ANY drugstore for less than $2 seems almost too good to be true! Yay for baby oil = 5 lippies!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by TrainHoppingInDixieland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this product, I use it every time I'm in the shower. I first use it to shave my legs and they are so soft. Also, I use it right after I get out of the shower and apply it as my moisturizer and I have to tell you I have the softest skin, I get compliments on it all the time. If you use it wrong you can definitely wind up greasy. Since I live in a very dry climate I get out of the shower soaking wet, dab my skin with a towel but leave my skin damp and apply a little amount to each part of my body and my skin just soaks up the moisture. Also, I have used it after the shower and combined it with a small amount of bronzer and applied it to my legs for a sexy attention grabbing look.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by perfectionobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will continue to say bad things about products that broke me out and this is one of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by erika123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

greatest makeup remover ever - love love love my evening routine and slathering it all over my face and then washing with my beloved dove soap...heavenly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by sarahann1994

I use baby oil every single day! It takes off my eye makeup like a breeze and leaves behind soft skin around my eyes. I also use baby oil to clean up hair dye around my bathroom sink when it drips. It comes up perfectly and leaves nothing behind. I have never used this after a shower or bath because I hate the greasy feel of oil as soon as I am clean. I love the smell also! Brings back some memories!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by fr3d420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the Shea & Cocoa Butter variety. I use this almost exclusively on my legs. Always right after a shower, brush teeth etc. for about 5 mins, then throw on some sweatpants. I really really love how soft this makes my legs. My first bottles almost out & I definitely will be getting another. The bottle is a bit annoying but for the results who cares? Putting it into a spray bottle for application makes it a bit easier but usually sprays half the bathroom too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Whiteday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as an oil cleanser before my lotion cleanser. Very good as a cleanser, I can actually see all the foundation getting lifted off. However, I don't use this for anything else, it's too heavy for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by sertasheeplover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What's not to love? I have the most sensitive skin on my legs. I can't wear lotion and I've tried them all. All of them leave me wirh blotchy red blooming rashes. And its only my legs, what the heck? Enter baby oil. It has saved my legs. It moistirizes them and caues no painful rashes. Aaaan its also a kick butt mascara remover. Why pay $$ for high end removers when u can get a huge bottle for a couple bucks? For me its a no brainer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by happyalibaba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Well I have been using this as a pre cleanse for about two weeks. I am totally wrong about doing this. It broke me out horribly. My skin has fewer breakouts due to using Tretinoin but now it feels like my skin has gone back to the condition when I just started using tretinoin or during purging period.