April 19, 2014 | 1680 users online

Lip Gloss - DuWop - Lip Venom

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by soniaemily

I LOVE the cinnamon scent and the tingling sensation when applied. The packaging is a very simple glass vile with a lip brush attached to the screw top lid. Lasting power isn't great and it doesn't significantly enlarge lips. Overall a fairly average lipgloss with an amaaazing scent; only if you like cinnamon like me :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by elainechau329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the mini trio. It gives a thingly feeling when you put it on your lips. I dont really think that my lips were any more or anyless plumped lols I got this as a gift anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by fuzzynavel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This didn't make my lips especially big, but it did make them smooth and glassy. I've been using it as a base under other lip gloss, specifically, Buxom lip polishes. The person who said this eliminates vertical lines in your lips has it right. When the light hits my lips, they look unreal, almost like a cartoon. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2011 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Eighteen BUCKS?!?! For what???
Okay, yes, it does plump my lips, is it so great that I'd buy it again? At that price? no freakin way. The plumping aspect is good enough, but it's a horrible lip gloss. It dries my lips out, tastes and smells gross and needs re-application too often... not at eighteen bucks a tube.
And speaking of tube, what the heck is up with the packaging. First there's this ridiculously HUGE cardboard tube that leads you to think "oh, ok. At least I'm getting alot of product" Once you fight your way thru the impossible cellophane covering the tube so you can get it open (you will hurt yourself at this point) be prepared for a serious disappointment. The gloss is in a vial type thing, which is minuscule, and you apply it with a little brush applicator. I feel like a vain idiot for buying it and even worse when I am seen in public painting my lips with this prissy little brush. Yeah, Caramex does as just a good a job at burning my lips and making them look "stung"
I think I will take it back.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by kmitch137

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this, but if you can't handle the tingle of Burt's Bees, DO NOT try this. It does almost burn a little bit sometimes, but I think it is really fun to use and I do notice a considerable amount of plumping. Be prepared to reapply though, I find myself constantly reapplying when I use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by tangerinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I can't believe all the positive reviews on this product. I'm giving this 1 lippie simply because it does absolutely nothing aside from just being a clear gloss. My lips tingled for a whopping 15 seconds and I had absolutely no visible change in color, size or fullness of my lips. I may as well just buy a $0.99 clear gloss for that.

There are much better (and better priced) lip-plumping products out there ::cough:: Too Faced's Lip Injection!!! ::cough::. This one was useless and overpriced, unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by alleexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like the lip venom. And let me start off by saying that someone actually asked me if i got lip injections while I wearing this, and they didn't know I was wearing it. No joke. Let me also say, though, that I already have pretty big lips. I think if you have thin, quaint little lips it won't do much for you, but if your lips already have fullness to them it will definitely enhance them. I want to try the moon venom and venom flash but many people say they're very similar and the difference isn't noticeable. Personally I LOVE the sting. I really do. I like that I can feel it working. I don't mind the smell or the taste. This product's only downfall is its size for it's price. I love the metal/paper tube it comes in but the actually gloss tube is tiny!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this plumper! It tastes wonderful, I love the packaging, and I feel like a femme fatale applying this. It downright burns, which I love. As far as actual plumping goes, this is as good as it gets without plastic surgery. There is only so much any topical product can do, and this one does a damn good job in my opinion! It tingles, and makes my lips redder and slightly plumped. My fav way to wear this is to first line my lips with a nude/natural liner and fill them in, and then apply this, so they look pink and pouty. Lovely stuff. Will repurchase forever.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Ellenmarieb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh. I have been on a life-long quest to get fuller lips.I have come to realize that nothing, short of something a plastic surgeon could do, will really change the fullness of my lips. Du Wop capitalizes on your desperation. All this stuff does is cause a localized reaction which causes some increased blood flow to the lips. It does not alter the shape or fullness of lips. Plus it burns. Save yourself some money and apply some hot sauce instead. Lol!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2011 8:12:00 AM More reviews by StellaFl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I admittedly only bought this because I really liked the packaging, mostly the font used, and saw it continuously throughout my childhood. The first time I used it, it was pretty tingly and slightly numbing, but there wasn't any pain. I do like the way it makes my lips look, but it doesn't last very long. It only lasts as long as you have it on your lips and it wears very quickly. I'm not really a fan of the taste either, but it's easy to ignore. It should be noted that your lips should be completely bare and even freshly washed to get the best affect. It give my lips the most glossiest finish and looks very nice, but know that after this product rubs off and the lip swelling goes away this totally dries out your lips. Also, be aware this product works by causing an allergic reaction on your lips, so the first time you use it try a very small amount.