DuWop Lip Venom

2.9

Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Flavors/Aroma, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea Leaf) Extract, D&C Red #7 Lake (CI 15850).

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I purchased DuWop's mini Lip Venom for $16. I was super disappointed as not only does it not plump the lips (I mean, less than five minutes doesn’t really count in my book – what good is that going to do anyone?), but it doesn’t leave your lips “glossy” either. I mean, it should be called lip gloss for a reason. I hate to be a big-fat-complainy-pants, but the best thing about this product is the name.

on 7/28/2011 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Firstly this is a deceptive product, what you see as the package is not what you get, its just a big cardboard tube holding a tiny wee little lipgloss. Secondly the product itself is just an over hyped clear lipgloss, as it didn't do anything for my lips that a clear lip gloss couldn't do. The only thing that separates this product from a clear lipgloss is that yes you do get a tingling sensation to your lips for a little while but thats it, my lips weren't any bigger or smoother and just like a normal clear lipgloss it wears off after about fifteen minutes. So really I just wasted money to get a 'tingly' sensation to my lips, had I known I wouldn't have purchased.

on 7/28/2011 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a big waste of money and hopes for me, as it costs $25 in Australia and does not increase the size of my lips at all! it just stings and burns, and together with the smell it makes me feel a little sick. a have medium size lips to start with, and all it does is makes them more red and has a clear glossy shine to it like any clear lip gloss. plus burns. also the packaging looks much better in poctures than in real life, the tube is tiny and plastic, the walls of it are thin and im sure if someone steps on it it would get squashed straight away.

on 6/1/2011 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is probably the worst lip product out there - I honestly do not understand the hype. The plumping effect which is the main selling point only lasts for a few minutes. The gloss itself does leave a nice shine and has a strong cinnamon scent. But, it does not have much staying power. You can expect dry lips in about an hour.
You get a very small quantity of gloss - it is comparable to sample vials of perfume. Worst of all, the oily consistency of the gloss will often leak out of its tube.

WARNING: Do NOT use this product if your lips are even a little chapped. It will burn horribly and look chunky!

on 5/21/2011 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I don't like this lip gloss! It dosen't work for me, it don't get my lips bigger, and I will not buy it again!

on 5/20/2011 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is really not much more then a cinnamon-scented/tasting stinging gloss - I don't notice much longevity to lip plumping, just redness and increased color to my lips.

However, I do like it, for the bee-stung shiny effect. Although it doesn't last very long.

$15-17 is a lot for such a small tube, but it seems to last me a long, LONG time.

on 5/14/2011 3:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I originally received this product when I was in my young teens. It was a super hyped product among my friends, because of the tingle effect. I had my parents buy it for me for Christmas. I used it a few times, but that was it. I recently dug it up & used it. Wasn't to thrilled. I feel like most adults wouldn't use this product on a normal basis. It is a cool product, but I wouldn't purchase again. It is also pretty expensive for its size.

on 5/13/2011 2:19:00 PM

I love the tingly sensation that makes me really think that it is plumping up my lips. Decent as a clear gloss, but very expensive. Will probably repurchase it sometime, although I have not felt the need to buy it in several years!

on 5/13/2011 1:50:00 PM

I originally bought this product because of the ads. I don't think it is worth 18$ though. When you take it out of the tube, it is tiny!!!! It does feel interesting upon application(burns and tingles), yet after a week, I felt nothing. I did not notice a difference in the fullness of my lips. The bottle also started leaking, so I can't carry it in my purse. Would not recommend.

on 4/6/2011 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this product, although I have been out of it for a while and haven't repurchased, so it is not something that I have to keep on hand at all times. It is a splurge for me. I have very full lips to begin with, but I am obsessed with glosses, balms, and chapsticks. This temporarily plumps your lips by increasing bloodflow, which also brings more color to your lips. I love the tingle and it doesn't bother me at all, but it may be too much for some. The plumping effect is noticeable, but more than that I like how it smooths out my lips. Even though I am only in my mid-to-late twenties I have some fine lines on my lips and this product really helps to smooth those out with the plumping effect.
So, while this is not an everyday use kind of product, I do like it for nights out and special occassions and will repurchase.

Recommended for Medium Skin