July 23, 2014 | 2007 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Toasted

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 5:49:00 AM More reviews by merrysunny77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is kind of a review for all of the UD shadows but this one is up there the great ones. I have NC37-42 Skin tone (use a mix of Stromoli and Syracuse when I wear foundation) and dont look good in cool e/s colors. I also have heavily pigmented lids so that's always an issues as well.

I dont really wear e/s anymore but was drawn in by the hype of this palette and given how perfect they are for my skintone, how many great looks are out there, and the AMAZING butter like consistency of the UD shadows how can you go wrong. You literally slap any 2 of these on with any decent brush and you look like you spend hours on your eye m/u.

I knew I wouldnt wear often enough to justify a purchase of the palette but was lucky enough to get this depot in a swap (along with Hustle and Dark Horse). Those is a nutshell are my 3 favs from this palette...I already own Woodwinked, Vanilla, Shroom, Cork, and Sitla GoLightly..so besides Naked and the dark colors I would never wear ( and side car ugh!) have successfully duped the palette with less glittery shades in a more travel friendly palette..so psyched! I think i might be done buying eye shadow for life BUT if I find the depot of naked somwhere...

ANYWAYS. now that I have bored you with that but in case anyone else is trying to find dupes ...

So this shadow is awesome ..it's just warm enough to work on my skintone but pinky enough to not be a dark shadow. Its very shimmery but not glittery. Like all of the UD shadows its like butter..goes well with all the other shades , and lasts for forever. It's never something I would have looked at my own...

I can see this looking great on everyone! Now my problem is find more reasons to wear e/s!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

Love this. Hit the pan on this. I have it in two UD palettes i own, Naked and Show Pony. It seems to be better quality in Show Pony. Use this every day, best neutral with some pep I have ever used, and it lasts and lasts and lasts all day with no primer. Very good quality eye shadow and an amazing universally flattering color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by alldaygirl

Just one of those homerun out of the park products that is the right shade for almost everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this shadow. My favorite way to wear it is as a crease color with Sin or Naked over my lid. I can't say enough about it-- just go buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by sharmilaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

It is a bronze/rose (pink) color. There is slight shimmer but no glitter in it like some of the other Urban Decay eyeshadows. Very wearable day or night. Can be used by itself as all over lid color or used with other eye shadows
This shade is very similar to Mac's e/s Sable. You won't need both as they are similar.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by alisonroxx9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this so much. I really, really love this. Again, LOVE.
Now, down to the review. I got this in the naked palette, so I can't really speak for the packaging/price (as I got it really cheap when you divide up the price of the palette!) but it is SOOOO PRETTY.
It wears really well (I always wear a primer, fyi) and it just looks stunning. I wear this in two ways:
1) Smokey- I pat this onto my lid for more colour, blend out with UD naked, put UD hustle in the crease and outer V, UD virgin in the inner corner and put on brown gel liner and mascara.
2) More every day- I blend this all over the lid with a mac 217, blend the edges really well with UD naked, and use UD hustle as eyeliner. Then I wear brown or black mascara.
I don't know why, but this really complements my blue eyes and makes them stand out more. It is also a very complex, versatile shade I would really recommend.

Just so you know: I am very pale and blond, and this doesn't wash me out (like a lot of colours do)

I plan to buy this when I hit pan on my palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by angelwingsx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite crease color of all time (ok, maybe tied with smog). On me it's a gorgeous plummy brown, on my much tanner cousin it's a lovely crease shade, on me in my signature look I apply Clinique lucky penny on the lid and this in the crease, paired with top wet n wild creme liner and covergirl mascara to make a pretty almost-neutral wide awake school look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

I. LOVE. This. Shadow!
Three days ago, I was in Sephora (for the first time!!!) and I asked a SA how to get the look of a model on one of the photos in the store. She had similar coloring to me and had the "no-makeup makeup" look. She referred me to a MA who, at first, gave me the "photo ready" version of the look: silver and brown GLITTERY shades. After convincing her that I just want a "my eyelids but better", slightly shimmery, defining shade that will help me look pulled together and polished with little effort, she applied this color to my eyelids. Then I looked in the mirror and saw not only my eyelids but better, but my eyes, but browner! I was waffling about spending ~$18 for this shadow, but it was too late. I was hooked.
Toasted looks unassuming in the pan, but transforms into something really nice on my lids. On me, it's a bronze with the same intensity as my skintone, but with pinky undertones. Paired with a dark brown liner, it gives my eyes subtle definition without screaming "I have on makeup!" It blends seamlessly and, with my ELF eyelid primer, lasts all day. Even without primer, it lasts for hours without creasing or disappearing.
I say all that to say this: I love, love, love this shadow. From reading the reviews, it seems universally flattering, so I encourage anyone to give it a try.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by sumansaran

After having this eye shadow for almost a year now, I think it deserves a fair (and very positive) review. Eye shadows have a notoriously bad relationship with my eyes, which are slightly darker than the rest of my medium/tan-yellow skintone (NW35-40) and very oily. Most shades look very different on my eye than when swatched, even with primer. This is perhaps the only eye shadow I own which looks amazing on my eye but rather unassuming in the pan. It is a versatile lavendar/taupe/light bronze with a tinge of peach that works well with warm skintones. The finish is about 2/3 satin and 1/3 frost, but a very light frost that is more like a soft shimmer. It goes on beautifully with just my fingers - I rarely use a brush - and blends into my crease without darkening it. It almost melts into my skin and brightens my eyes - which lo and behold, is what a good shadow in this shade range is suppose to do - rather than change on me. No muddiness, no unexpected and darker gathering of the shadow into my crease. This is the only shadow I care to travel with, and it works both for day and night. I gave it a 4 for price because it is much less expensive that the complicated formulas of more high-end shadows today, but obviously more expensive than drugstore brands. Would repurchase if I ever hit the pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Emma93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There is a reason why this product is rated 4.9 out of 5.
I love it. It is one of the most gorgeous colors I have seen in my entire life. Great pigmentation, no fall out, great blendability, works very very well with all skintones, doesn't make you look like you have been crying for hours although it has very purple-y reddish undertones and it works so so well with a variety of other eyeshadows and colors.