December 18, 2014 | 855 users online

Fragrances - Calvin Klein - Obsession

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a fragrance I used to wear many years ago and I absolutely loved this scent. I tend to like Calvin Klein's fragrances and at that time, this was my favorite. I was so paranoid that they would discontinued this that I would buy two at a time. Soon afterwards, I found that many women were wearing this, which turned me off. I also became bored with the scent as well. Imo, this was a very sexy scent. At this point in my life, I would not repurchase this because I'm so fickle and like to rotate fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by RikaTika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love bergamot and sandalwood, so, Obsession is right up my alley. Very musky and very sexy! It's got a lot of *heat*, if that makes sense.

IMO, you should ALWAYS try a fragrance on before purchasing and I'd say that goes triple for Obsession. Though I love the scent, I totally understand why the muskiness of it would be a total turn-off. A friend of mine says it smells sweaty on her. Sweaty, musky - it's a fine line and it really depends on your body chemistry.

Also, a little dab will do ya! Obsession has major staying power and you really do not need more than one spritz.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by CheekyLady19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My aunt has this perfume and I've only sniffed it once! The smell is so distinct that I can STILL recall it. As the viewer below notes, it has a slightly spicy punch to it, which I personally like. However, I can definitely see why some people would find it offending and far too strong. It reminds me of a more feminine cologne. To me, it's not a cheap smell. It's very distinctive and has an edge to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 6:07:00 AM More reviews by boombutt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is strong!!! very sweet and spicy. there is no mistaking this scent when someone wears it. i go into a time warp when i smell this...an 80's flashback!! when this came out it was all anybody was wearing and i got sick of it. now that so much time has passed i can appreciate it but still can rarely make myself wear this powerhouse.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by slimm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to wear this a lot when I was younger, but now I am really sick of the scent. It is too heavy and sweet for me. Primarily too sweet because I like heavy scents like Paloma Picasso. It's just the combination of heavy and sweet that doesn't work for me. I have some of the lotion, body cream and perfume spray, but when I wear it, it just isn't me, However, I do like Obsession for Men (on men).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by luckylouie

On me this is amber and sandalwood with a small amount of rich white floral notes thrown into the mix. While it's not my personal favourite oriental, I wear it regularly because my dh absolutely loves it on me and it's one of those perfumes I regularly get compiments on from total strangers. It all comes down to your personal chemistry. I can get away with wearing this to the office in cool weather, and I work in an open office with 3 other people, and it's not too strong or overpowering. Whenever I wear a new perfume to the office, I ask the other people I work with if they are happy with me wearing it, or if it is annoying them. Everyone in the office says this smells warm and spicy on me and not too strong at all. ON the other hand light florals are lost on me. Yes you should apply it with a light hand, and I must admit I would prefer to have this in a bottle without a spray so I could apply it much more precisely, but what are you gonna do? Don't be bound by the rules of sexy oriental frags should be worn only at night on a hot date. Ask those people closest to you if they think the perfume is suitable for office wear and day wear. If they think its not too OTT, go for it. I regularly wear other orientals to work (Tabu, Ciara, Bal a Versailles), with the blessings of the other staff.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by dewdrop

Oh boy, I keep forgetting what great stuff this is. This one has a wonderful not-too-sweet dry-down that puts the newer cookie-cutter fragrances to shame.

The trick with Obsession is to use the tiniest amount possible! I learned this the hard way years ago when I used to spray on enough to kill bugs.

Now I spray a bit onto a little saucer and then dip my finger in the couple of drops there and dot it on the torso area before getting dressed. That way, later on there is this soft, woodsy, incense-y aroma wafting up, helped along by body heat and buffered by clothes. So by the time it hits any nostrils it is rather "quiet" but still noticeable, in a good way. A really good way.

The shower gel is terrific too!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by amey75

I received my first bottle of Obsession--the 3.4 oz EDP spray for Christmas last year.
It took me nearly 6 months to get up the nerve to actually wear it. See, it smells a lot like the knockoff versions when you smell it straight out of the bottle, and I think that's what has always scared me off. But wait—there's something extra that starts to unfold about 5 minutes into it.
The hotness and sharpness of the first spritz begins to round itself out into a smoldering melange of incense and spices, with some kind of green, herbal overtones. Then it morphs into a sexy gossamer version of its previous self, fading into a sweet chocolaty gourmand scent.
Don't get me wrong, it is a very strong scent, not for fruity, floral, or cupcakey chicks. I can imagine Madonna in Desperately Seeking Susan smelling like this.
Does it smell like the 80s? Absolutely. But I imagine it smells like the all best parts of the 80s...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by HoldMyEarrings

This is my favorite perfume. Spicy, not too sweet, lasts all day, not cloying or too strong. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by rachellkimb

I got this as a gift in the form of a knock-off oil. I used up almost the whole bottle. i give the rest to one of my girlfriends who also likes it. Very sexy, but I won't be buying it for a while. I like lighter scents.