November 27, 2014 | 1109 users online

Bath Treatments - Epsom Salt Bath

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:45:00 AM More reviews by ubar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This little gem is my HG! I have mild eczema and KP and this is the ONLY thing that really keeps them at bay. Every now and again I fall out of my regular Epsom bath routine and then my skin goes downhill, reminding me why I should keep using the salts. ;-)

I use 1-2 cups (about 250g-500g) per bath and soak for at least 20 mins. I do this 3-4 times a week and only do sponge baths the other days. If I shower or bathe in water that doesn't contain the salt my skin is horribly itchy again until my next bath. I also find this helps me sleep and I feel wonderfully relaxed after an Epsom salt bath. I often add essential oils for scent, because I don't use bubble bath or bath oils (worried they will only aggravate my skin).

Because I use it so regularly, I buy it in 25kg boxes because it works out SO much cheaper than buying it in small boxes from my local pharmacy. Run a search and you'll find sellers, I usually pay about £25 including postage. If you are buying in bulk it's best to look for "BP grade" or (in the US) "USP grade". This means pharmaceutical grade, which is safe for consumption - remember you are absorbing this through your skin! I do recommend trying to buy in bulk if you are going to use Epsom salts on a regular basis, otherwise it can become rather expensive - I think a 500g box can cost about £2 as opposed to 50p for a kilo when buying bulk!

A true wonder product, I wouldn't be without it. I hope it helps your skin as much as it's helped mine.

***Gave this 3 stars for packaging even though the packaging is usually just a plastic bag, but you're not buying the product so it will look nice on the bathroom shelf, are you? ;-) ***

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 4:32:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I used to have really bad foot pain when I was working a sales job and I was on my feet all day. I like to work out as well and by the time I got off of work my feet were MISERABLY SOAR. I would sometimes treat myself to an epson salt foot spa at my house while watching TV relaxing after a long day.

Epson salt mixed with warm water does wonders on relaxation and helps loosen up soar feet. Love the epson salt treatment and its so cheap too!

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Katedutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I originally purchased Epsom Salts at CVS upon the recommendation of my doctor after I got a toenail infection from a professional pedicure (I know - ew), I was prescribed an antibiotic and told to do soaks with the Epsom Salts to draw out the infection, and it cleared up within a couple of days. I then had a milk-carton shaped jug of Epsom Salts taking up space in my bathroom closet with absolutely no idea what else I could use it for. Of course, these are the times the internet comes in quite handy.
I began taking baths with Epsom Salts after running to relax my muscles, it speeds up my recovery time unbelievably and is amazingly relaxing. Then, after someone on here told me to stop using sugar scrubs on my face as they are far too abrasive, I wondered if Epsom Salts could be a cheap and effective fill-in. Sure enough, it is. I mix some Epsom Salts with a little Grapeseed oil (my favorite) and VERY gently scrub my face or body. The first time, since it didn't feel rough, I went to town scrubbing my face with the Epsom Salts and just water and my face was bright red for about an hour. Now I mix it with a little oil to soften it a bit and do it very gently for a short amount of time, my skin looks phenomenal afterward.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Jamieflan1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE Epsom salt baths after a long day. There is nothing more relaxing. For years I have had chronic tendinitis is my Achilles tendon in my foot and soaking in Epsom salt has proven to be a huge relief at the end of the day. Sometimes I even just take warm water in a bucket and throw in some Epsom salt to let my feet relax and it sooths the pain and loosens up the tendon

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by blueclaire

Epsom salts have saved my irritated skin and achy body SO many times

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by misslu990

Cheap & effective. I usually buy any generic brand whether its Walgreens or cvs and I just get the regular Epsom salts with no lavender oil or any of those other scents. I usually use this in my bath after a long stressful day or if my muscles are sore from a work out. This literally helps soothe your muscles and detox your body. Drink a glass of water after to help even more with the detoxification. I used this a couple times on my face and it made my sensitive skin break out and form rashes so I don't suggest using it on your face is your skin is sensitive. But I totally 100% recommend this for baths. I haven't tried this for soil to help flowers and plants like it says usually on the back of the bag, but its worth a try if you've got a green thumb:)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by teleah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i just had my first epson salt bath. i soaked for 20 min in a warm not hot bath and have to say not bad. it did not help with my sore leg muscles after a 6km run but my skin is smooth and i have a sense of calm. i have blisters on my hard cracked feet from new runnners but now they are a little softer and the blisters are way softer. i really love how my body feels softer and more relaxed. this is going to be a regular weekend bath time ritual for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by rhiannonheather

I've been using these in baths after workouts for soreness and bruises since I was in middle school.
It's also a great body exfoliant when I mix it with oil or lotion.
And taking a bath with epsom salts makes me happy. I guess that's the mood-boosting effect that everyone keeps talking about.
That's all.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I heard about Epsom salt from a colleague over 10 years ago. She had broken leg and walking with crutches and I mentioned her that I had blisters from new shoes. She told me to soak my feet with Epsom salt and that was what she did at nights to beat smells and pain of her broken leg. So on the way back home on that day, I bought a carton from CVS and also bought a fancy foot spa/bath/massage from Hecht’s (now Macy’s) near the office. I noticed the relief of my pain from the blisters after one soak. Since then, I soaked with Epsom salt to relief itch from insect bites (very itchy from ticks’ bites on the Appalachian Trail) before applying with grapeseed oil. It was way better than prescription lotion from the doctor. Of course, I had to take blood test after 6 weeks for Lyme disease. I also soak in the bath to relief muscle pain from various reasons such as intense hikes and menstrual cramps. I am not regular bath taker so I can’t use often but whenever I take bath, I tried to soak with Epsom salt. I keep a pack in the bathroom. When I take showers not long after coming back home from the sun (hot days), I rubbed with Epsom salt to my wet feet then start pouring/spraying water from the knees before shower. It relieves the heat from the body. I heard that any salt do the same but since I keep a pack of ES in the bathroom, why not use better salt.  It is also a great rub for tired feet.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by prncss

I take a minimum of two baths per day and all of my life I've been using bath bombs, milk powders, bubble baths, bath products from Lush, and Bath and Body Works. A girlfriend gave me a bag of Epsom Salts as a gift, knowing that I liked taking baths so much. All that I can is Wow! I can't believe that I've been wasting my money all these years on junk bath products. Sure, the other products might have good scents but all of them fail in comparison to Epsom Salts.

With these salts, I actually notice a difference in my mood. The salts actually help to relieve tension and stress, and I can actually feel the toxins being drawn out from my body. It feels like a magnet drawing things away from my body. When I'm done taking a bath, not only do I feel relaxed but this also relieves the tension and sore muscles in my neck, shoulders, and back. I also love how it changes the texture of the water. Where I live in Canada, we have hard water and the salts soften the water and make the bath water feel silky on my skin. I am a true believer of epsom salts and I will never go back to any other bath product again!

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No