October 25, 2014 | 1781 users online

Bath Treatments - Epsom Salts

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Jamieflan1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE Epsom salt baths after a long day. There is nothing more relaxing. For years I have had chronic tendinitis is my Achilles tendon in my foot and soaking in Epsom salt has proven to be a huge relief at the end of the day. Sometimes I even just take warm water in a bucket and throw in some Epsom salt to let my feet relax and it sooths the pain and loosens up the tendon

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by blueclaire

Epsom salts have saved my irritated skin and achy body SO many times

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by misslu990

Cheap & effective. I usually buy any generic brand whether its Walgreens or cvs and I just get the regular Epsom salts with no lavender oil or any of those other scents. I usually use this in my bath after a long stressful day or if my muscles are sore from a work out. This literally helps soothe your muscles and detox your body. Drink a glass of water after to help even more with the detoxification. I used this a couple times on my face and it made my sensitive skin break out and form rashes so I don't suggest using it on your face is your skin is sensitive. But I totally 100% recommend this for baths. I haven't tried this for soil to help flowers and plants like it says usually on the back of the bag, but its worth a try if you've got a green thumb:)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by teleah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i just had my first epson salt bath. i soaked for 20 min in a warm not hot bath and have to say not bad. it did not help with my sore leg muscles after a 6km run but my skin is smooth and i have a sense of calm. i have blisters on my hard cracked feet from new runnners but now they are a little softer and the blisters are way softer. i really love how my body feels softer and more relaxed. this is going to be a regular weekend bath time ritual for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by rhiannonheather

I've been using these in baths after workouts for soreness and bruises since I was in middle school.
It's also a great body exfoliant when I mix it with oil or lotion.
And taking a bath with epsom salts makes me happy. I guess that's the mood-boosting effect that everyone keeps talking about.
That's all.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I heard about Epsom salt from a colleague over 10 years ago. She had broken leg and walking with crutches and I mentioned her that I had blisters from new shoes. She told me to soak my feet with Epsom salt and that was what she did at nights to beat smells and pain of her broken leg. So on the way back home on that day, I bought a carton from CVS and also bought a fancy foot spa/bath/massage from Hecht’s (now Macy’s) near the office. I noticed the relief of my pain from the blisters after one soak. Since then, I soaked with Epsom salt to relief itch from insect bites (very itchy from ticks’ bites on the Appalachian Trail) before applying with grapeseed oil. It was way better than prescription lotion from the doctor. Of course, I had to take blood test after 6 weeks for Lyme disease. I also soak in the bath to relief muscle pain from various reasons such as intense hikes and menstrual cramps. I am not regular bath taker so I can’t use often but whenever I take bath, I tried to soak with Epsom salt. I keep a pack in the bathroom. When I take showers not long after coming back home from the sun (hot days), I rubbed with Epsom salt to my wet feet then start pouring/spraying water from the knees before shower. It relieves the heat from the body. I heard that any salt do the same but since I keep a pack of ES in the bathroom, why not use better salt.  It is also a great rub for tired feet.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by prncss

I take a minimum of two baths per day and all of my life I've been using bath bombs, milk powders, bubble baths, bath products from Lush, and Bath and Body Works. A girlfriend gave me a bag of Epsom Salts as a gift, knowing that I liked taking baths so much. All that I can is Wow! I can't believe that I've been wasting my money all these years on junk bath products. Sure, the other products might have good scents but all of them fail in comparison to Epsom Salts.

With these salts, I actually notice a difference in my mood. The salts actually help to relieve tension and stress, and I can actually feel the toxins being drawn out from my body. It feels like a magnet drawing things away from my body. When I'm done taking a bath, not only do I feel relaxed but this also relieves the tension and sore muscles in my neck, shoulders, and back. I also love how it changes the texture of the water. Where I live in Canada, we have hard water and the salts soften the water and make the bath water feel silky on my skin. I am a true believer of epsom salts and I will never go back to any other bath product again!

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

I have been using Epsom Salts for bathing since I was a teenager. I have KP both on my arms and sides of my face. When I am really having a hard time with my skin in general, I have an epsom salts bath. Within a week of baths every other day my skin is normal again HG<3

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by meikii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Holy crap I've never get such result from any scrub, gloves, loofah, dry brush, ect... My skin was so soft and bright I've been touching it since. My mixture is epsom salt and evoo massage on for a good 3-5 minutes.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Epsom Salt is a pure mineral compound (magnesium sulfate) in crystal form that gently exfoliates skin and smoothes rough patches. Mixed with your favorite deep conditioner, Epsom Salt helps to add body to hair. Dissolved in a bath, Epsom Salt is absorbed through the skin to replenish the body’s levels of magnesium. Studies indicate this may help to relieve stress in a number of ways, including:

» Raising the body’s level of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of well being and relaxation.
» Offsetting excess levels of adrenaline generated by pressure and stress; magnesium ions relax and reduce irritability by lowering the affects of adrenaline.
» Helping to regulate the electrical functions that spark through miles of nerves.
» Lowering blood pressure.
Researchers have found that magnesium also increases energy and stamina by encouraging the production of ATP (adenosine triphosphate), the energy packets made in the cells. Experts recommend soaking with Epsom Salt at least three times a week to look better, feel better and have more energy.
Studies show these benefits from the major components of Epsom Salt may:Magnesium:
» Ease stress and improves sleep and concentration
» Help muscles and nerves function properly
» Regulate activity of 325+ enzymes
» Help prevent artery hardening and blood clots
» Make insulin more effective
» Reduce inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps
» Improve oxygen use
Sulfates:

» Flush toxins
» Improve absorption of nutrients
» Help form joint proteins, brain tissue and mucin proteins
» Help prevent or ease migraine headaches
From Disabled World

Other medicinal and home uses for Epsom salts include:
» Magnesium sulfate can also delay labor in the case of premature labor, to delay Preterm birth.
» Users of Epsom Salts in the gel form can be used for reduction of pain associated with fybromyalgia and osteoporosis.
» It has been shown that both magnesium and sulphate are absorbed through the skin when bathing in 1% solution of Epsom salts.
» Epsom salts can be used to treat pre-eclampsia in pregnant women.
» Epsom of salts solution has also been used to remove blemishes and acne when applied in poultice form.
» Soaking in a bath with added Epsom salts can soothe muscle aches and pains and help improve rough patches in the skin.
From Salt Works:

» Researchers and physicians report that raising your magnesium levels may: Improve heart and circulatory health, reducing irregular heartbeats, preventing hardening of the arteries, reducing blood clots and lowering blood pressure.
» • Epsom Salt improves the body’s ability to use insulin, reducing the incidence or severity of diabetes.
» • Epsom Salt flushes toxins and heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances.
» • Epsom Salt improves nerve function by regulating electrolytes. Also, calcium is the main conductor for electrical current in the body, and magnesium is necessary to maintain proper calcium levels in the blood.
» • Epsom Salt relieves stress. Excess adrenaline and stress are believed to drain magnesium, a natural stress reliever, from the body. Magnesium is necessary for the body to bind adequate amounts of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of well being and relaxation.
» While increasing your magnesium levels, TheraSoak – Epsom salt also delivers sulfates, which are extremely difficult to get through food but which readily absorb through the skin. Medical research indicates sulfates are needed for the formation of brain tissue, joint proteins and the mucin proteins that line the walls of the digestive tract. Sulfates also stimulate the pancreas to generate digestive enzymes and help to detoxify the body’s residue of medicines and environmental contaminants.

Recipes

1.) Relaxing and sedative bath:

» Soak in warm water and 2 cups of epsom salt. note of caution: Do not take an epsom salt bath if you have high blood pressure or a heart or kidney condition.
Basic Salt Soak Bath Formula
Minerals and salts make the bath water feel silky and leave your skin cleansed and soft.
1 cup sea salts
2 cups baking soda
1 cup Epsom salts
1 to 2 tablespoons glycerin per bath
Combine the sea salts, baking soda, and Epsom salts in a bowl. Stir to blend. Pour 1/4 cup or so into the bath while the tub is filling. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons glycerin to keep your skin from drying out (more for dry skin, less for oily skin) and essential oils of choice.
Preparation time: 2 to 3 minutes
Shelf life: Indefinite
Storage: Glass jar with a screw top

2.) Face cleaner: To clean your face at night, mix a half-teaspoon of epsom salt with your regular cleansing cream. Just massage into skin and rinse with cold water.

3.) Homemade skin mask: Apply the mask to damp skin. For normal to oily skin, mix 1 tablespoon of cognac, 1 egg, 1/4 cup of non-fat dry milk, the juice of 1 lemon, and a half-teaspoon of epsom salt. For normal to dry skin, mix 1/4 cup of grated carrot, 1 1/2 teaspoons of mayonnaise and a half-teaspoon of epsom salt.

4.) Foot soak: Soothe aches, remove odors and soften rough skin with a foot soak. Add 1/2 cup of epsom salt to a large pan of warm water. Soak feet for as long

Our biggest use for epsom salt is for my sons baths. He has psoriasis and epsom salt/olive bath has cleared his skin up like no other. Epsom slt and dead sea salt are the closest to the beach saltwater(which is the cure all for almost all skin conditions).We dont use the toxic creams we did a diet change,supplements,sunshine,and our baths. IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WITH THIS CONDITION PLEASE TELL THEM ABOUT EPSOM SALT BATHS

107 out of 112 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No