BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 5/24/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my go-to highlighter, and I've been using this for years. I have a simple skin beauty routine, consisting of a light foundation or tinted moisturizer, a bit of concealer, and some highlighter and possibly blush. I do not contour or highlight with anything beyond this highlighter, which I apply to the bridge of my nose, above my cupid's bow, and on my upper cheekbones/brow bones. I do this every day, and it adds a bit of dimension to my otherwise non-dimensional foundation routine.

The formula is good, though occasionally causes drying or buildup on the bridge of my nose. Otherwise, this product is long-lasting, does not cause breakouts, and adds a youthful dewiness to otherwise flat skin.

If I were to find a superior highlighter--I have only tried NARS' highlighter as an alternative, which was inferior--I would give this up. Until then, this is an excellent option.

on 5/23/2014 11:29:00 PM

Less is more with High Beam - so keeping that in mind this little bottle will last a long time, Iv'e had mine nearly a good 2 years and its still chugging along (I don't use it daily but often enough)..It kind of reminds me of a bottle of twink/grammar corrector - the brush is a good small size for placing a few dots of product on cheekbones - and a few dots is definately all that is needed, overdoing this tends to make it sit more on the skin, where as less is easier to blend and meld into the skin for a lit from within sheeny glow.

On my NC15 skin this is a nice light pinky/hint of silver sheen colour.

if there was to be a downside it would be that it can get a little messy around the lid and dry cakey around the bottle opening. Nothing a regular tissue or wet wipe can't fix. A good shake up now and then will stop it from going gluggy too.

I like to to dot this on and blend and buff in with a small soft brush on top of blush - so this looks seamlessly glowing. High Beam lasts all day too - gotta love that.

on 5/21/2014 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I always seems to come back to this product. I love it. Beautiful rosy glow to the cheeks. Easy to apply.

on 5/21/2014 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is definitely a universal kind of highlighter. It does the job very well however it may be quite glittery-esque which may also be controllable by the way you apply it and blend it onto your skin. It gives a nice dewy healthy glow effect onto your skin. It works on all skin tones as I've already tried to do so since I put make up on people for a living. It's just an absolutely brilliant product

on 5/14/2014 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have a very small bottle of this stuff that just lays around. I use it rarely. It dries really quickly so you cant just streak it on and go. I like to put it on the back of my hand and use a sam chapman pink setting brush to lightly place on cheekbones. It is beautiful in color. Just takes some skill in applying so that it doesnt look sloppy. It really does last forever though. the packaging bothers me too. I feel like bacteria probably gets in there and just stays. Pretty good product, not a necessity

on 5/5/2014 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice highlighter, but the packaging is very unsanitary. A pump or tube is much preferable. NARS 413BLKR seems to be similar in shade, so I hope to try that in the future. I will not purchase.

on 5/1/2014 11:32:00 PM

This is heaven in a tiny glass bottle. It makes my skin look refreshed and dewy when I apply it on top of my cheekbones without being overly glowy, glittery, or disco ball-like. One trick I like to do is mix it with my MUFE Face and body foundation (great stuff!) and apply it under my eyes and on the top of my cheekbones for an added, glowing effect.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Whilst it's not the cheapest highlighter, it does last a very long time. I find it great for using around my cheeks and temples, but I also use a little bit on my nose for contouring. It is quite shiny though, so be careful not to use too much - a little does go a long way. It works well with bronzer on the temples and I usually apply it right at the end of my make-up routine to finish off the look.

on 4/8/2014 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great on cheekbones, brows, upper lip and easy to blend! Easier to apply with a primer or plain moisturizer. Price is pretty steep- I think $15 would be a better deal VS $25+

on 4/4/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I used to work for Benefit many, many, MANY moons ago....and this product was the first highlighter I ever used. So, its very nostalgic for me! lol I probably still have this somewhere actually. Not that I am looking for it. This overall is a okay highlighter for my NC30 skin tone. I don't see this working on someone much darker. As a matter of fact, I remember putting this on people and it looking straight up white on them. The three star rating is because it IS decent, if you mix into your moisturizer or foundation. But thanks for the crappy nail polish bottle package, that makes it a difficult task to do! I would much rather use LM Radiance primer, or MAC Strobe Cream for the same effect, which much less work! I always thought this was over priced as well! This should be $18 tops. $25 plus dollars is way too much! Its not even 1/2 an ounce of product! If you're really hung up on the idea of a creamy pink shimmer highlighter, I would go for the ELF Shimmering Face Whip in Lilac Petal for $1!

Video Reviews & Tutorials