September 19, 2014 | 1605 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by reverie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used a whole bottle of this and saw no effects whatsoever. It smells like spit and has a watery texture that's difficult to handle. The only good thing is that it had no adverse effects on my skin. What an overpriced, overhyped product! I'd stick with scientifically proven ingredients like AHA and retinol. Pitera is not it. It's just a great marketing story.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by chxxoo

So sad to hear that others experienced negative results from this product, as it has SAVED my skin. I have combination skin leaning toward the dry side with the occasional breakout. I am also of Asian and white decent, in case that makes a difference. I used Retin-A for about 6 months (for acne control and wrinkle prevention) but my skin never really accommodated (I consistently broke out and had dry flaky skin). Maybe the Retin-A would have helped had I stuck with it longer...I'm too impatient I guess. I happened to purchase a couple SK-II products on a whim and in two weeks time, my skin is SO different. My routine goes like this: an oil cleanser from amore pacific, a powder foaming cleanser by a Japanese brand called Fancl, the SK-II brightening clear lotion, the facial treatment essence, and the brightening derm moisturizer. I do this morning and night (no oil and add sunscreen in the morning). On a side note, the application of the essence is taught differently in the US than in Asia. Not sure if this makes a difference but I follow the Asian instructions of putting a few drops in your hands and patting (more like light slapping) the essence onto your face about 100 times. Sounds stupid, but it's been working for me! ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Sharminii

What is so great about this water! NOTHING!!!

So over hype in Asia, miracle water? More like horrible water! Made my skin have so much of blackheads and small bumps appear within 5 days,

Super pissed paid 99 sgd for this crap.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2013 7:58:00 AM More reviews by mivec

Sephora finally gets this product and I was really excited so I bought it... only to be deeply disappointed (screech!). Ah, I can't believe I fell for the advertising, the hype... I'm Asian and I assumed this would be HG for me... Nope, this stuff destroyed my skin. Destroyed it like it was WW3. I wasn't bothered by the scent, I barely noticed it. There was slight tingling but I used it sparingly (1-2 drops) and after about a week, everywhere that I had applied FTE was red, raised, and angry-looking... and peeling. The last time I had a reaction this horrible was back in the stone age during HS when I had used Neutrogena's swiss formula lotion, I swear my face looked like a big raspberry. :/ I stopped using FTE for a week, things started to calm down, then I tried FTE again (just in case) and the horror came back. Needless to say, I sent this product back ASAP. It's been about 6 months since then and I'm still trying to appease the skin gods. Some of the raised, red patches are no longer red, but dry/scaley/raised and still peeling. It seems like no amount of moisturizer is enough to stop the dryness. :( It took me a while to find products that would quell the raging dragon: Boscia, Arcona, and Josie Maran. Good luck to you if you want to risk using FTE...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by lidyachu

I'm surprised this product didn't receive a good review here. Well, I have been using this product for couple of years and it did change my skin. And now, it become one of my HG product.
This product has a strong smell, like Japanese sake (if I'm not wrong) but it never bother me though. My skin feels a bit sticky once applied, but after few minutes gone, my skin feels so smooth.
For me, this product takes quite a long time to take effect. It takes me almost eight months to see the differences to my skin. I know, it is such a long time and I had almost given up on this product. But after eight months, I can see the spots are brighten up, the texture of my skin smoother, my complexion is brighten up, even the scar that I had due to accident is brighten up too. After using it for a year, I can see the glow coming from within and my skin never looks dull anymore. I almost couldn't believe it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by LisTan

I have used this product for a month now. I started off using it after my Estee Lauder hydrationist toner but it feels like the essence is not really absorbing into my skin even though this process was directed by the lady at the counter. There was no difference in my skin at all.

A week ago, I decided to cut out my toner and just put on the essence directly on my skin after cleansing. And now, I definitely see a difference! My problem area has always been oil seeds and white/black heads. So I cant say how it will affect acne prone skin. Now, I feel that the open pores on the side of my nose are getting smaller and some of the oil seeds are starting to recede/disappear.

I apply this product by dropping maybe 8-10 drops on my palm, rub my hands together and pat all over my face with the residual on my neck. It is easy to control the amount you want with this packaging and I never end up with more essence than I need (this is important because its WAY expensive).

I can't say that I have seen a huge difference in terms of radiance but I was told you need to use this product religiously for 3 months to see a huge difference. Would only buy again if this product really gives a healthy glow to my skin. Will keep you updated!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by shalistacey

this is an expensive bottle with no effects at all. i bought this because one of my friend's colleague said it was her maintenance. i bought the set the toner which is the sk lotion and the essence, the saleslady said it takes about 1 month to see results. But its been 2 months and my skin is still the same or even got worse coz i stopped using the other "affordable product" which makes my skin really glow to accommodate SK II. And recently i got 7 acne on my face, BIG UGLy acne on my face which never happened before! my friends and family was wondering where i got my acne, and i also don't know until i traced it down to SK... sigh! what a waste of $$$ and mind you its not cheap... later on i met my friend and told her the sk didn't work and gave me acne instead and she said her colleague stopped too. my essence is still about 1/4 liquid in it while the sk lotion is drained out already. but i didnt continue the essence, i went back to my old product which is waaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper and more effective. and pray to God my acnes will go away soon :(

DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT unless you have money to burn and you're curious.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by fruity

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the FTE for almost 6 years and this is by far the most "I-can't-live-without" skincare product I have ever used. My skin feels really supply, radiant and clear. My makeup stays on so well and actually I don't even need to have makeup. I have come across knowing that this product may not be suitable for some but if you are one of those whose skin is able to take it well, then it's indeed a miracle which your skin has benefitted. 2 thumps up! I use it daily in the morning & night, step: cleansing, toner, FTE (patting onto my face with my fingers) and followed by other skincare products.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by denisiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product sometimes gives an amazing glow when used on a consistent basis and sometimes has no effect at all. I read some other reviews and want to clarify that this is not a toner, it is to be used as a serum after using a toner. A toner in Japanese products is used to balance your ph levels and also to make the skin more receptive to subsequent skincare products. If you do not have a good result with this product, then maybe your ph is off or you're using it incorrectly.

I do wonder about the smell as one bottle was extremely odorous and one only had a light scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I heard so many conflicting accounts about this product that I bought a tiny bottle (part of a gift set) to test it on my skin before committing to the large bottle. It worked beautifully... in the beginning. My skin was so smooth and soft it was amazing. And as quickly as it had turned my skin amazing, it stopped working. And this was AFTER I decided to commit to a big bottle. Figuring that I didn't want to waste my money I'd just finish using the essence, but after using it for a few weeks the essence started to make my skin itch. My skin texture became really rough and I had to stop using it completely. I gave what was left of my bottle - a good 75%- away to my BFF, on whom the FTE works wonderfully. I think this product is really a hit or miss, and it just was a miss for me.