SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 5/1/2014 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is priced like liquid gold. I heard that Missha's Time Revolution is a comp to this pricey product at an affordable pricepoint. That being said, this stuff is worth its weight in gold. I have aging skin that I'm trying to keep as youthful as possible. A difficult task considering the sun is the enemy of healthy skin and I live in sunny Hawaii. I know, poor me, boo hoo! but seriously my ancestors came from a snowy climate and I do not tan, I burn, no matter how much sunscreen I slather on. And we all know the ravages of the sun: wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, etc... I suffer from all of this and I am sadly only in my mid-thirties. The SK-II treatment essence is the only OTC product that I have used that had any visible effect. It reduced my pores, made my skin more even toned, and felt nice while doing it. Makes me feel like bathing in sake every night, but that would cost a fortune! So I'll stick to the SK-II.

on 4/23/2014 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Received this as a gift and was excited to use it. I'm so glad I didn't spend money on it because I've been using it for months but I see no results. My biggest gripe is that it smells like saliva, ick! Thankfully the scent fades but lingers on my hands. This is prob best used on normal to oily skin. I have dry skin and can use this on humid days as a light weight moisturizer. Not a terrible product, but not worth the price tag.

on 4/14/2014 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I have oily/combination skin with acne problem since my teenage years, I'm now in my mid-20s. I have used the SK-II facial treatment essence religiously every night for the past 6 weeks, it did leave me with some cystic acne which I rarely had before starting SK-II. I couldn't see any noticeable improvements to my skin so I stopped it 2 days ago. Surely the purging would have finished after 6 weeks? Now its absence is breaking out my skin like crazy! Not sure if I should continue with it ._. Any advice?

on 4/4/2014 11:47:00 AM

I used this religiously for over a year. I never saw any particular benefit from using it for my skin though I searched and searched hoping to validate my over the top purchase!

on 3/21/2014 4:57:00 AM

The exorbitant price put me off ever buying a full sized bottle of this stuff, but I did receive a 30mL sample to try. With Melbourne's harsh winter coming up, I've been definitely looking at upping my moisturizers. Although this seems like a pointless step in the standard skincare regime (like toner/lotion/softener) after using this essence for a few days, I noticed that my skin felt even softer and smoother than before! When I wake up in the morning, it is positively glowing!

on 3/18/2014 2:57:00 AM

I've been using the FTE since I was 24. I first bought this product because I was breaking out on the right cheek all the time and the pimple comes one after another. Then, I was reading online and read that FTE does calm down pimples so I bought a 75ml bottle. And I never stopped using it.

How do I use it?
I am an Asian, with combination skin; oily around the T-zone area and I will never touch-up or re-apply my make up at work. I use the FTE twice a day, everytime after my bath. I use it after my toner (Clinique's Clarifying Lotion) and after then, moisturizer (H20 Face Oasis / Biotherm's Aquasource, depending). It is even light enough to use around my eye area.

What positive effects it has?
The FTE controls the oil production, due to the hydration characteristics and it always gives me a healthy glow. Because it controls my oil production, I will never touch up my make up and actually, I barely need any make up at all.
My pores seem to have reduced in size.
When I have pimples popping, I put a little more on the spot and allow it to airdry. It calms the pimple and a day or two, then it goes away.
Before using FTE, I also had blotchy skin with red patches on my cheeks, now I have even skin tone.
And remember my break outs prior to FTE? I used to have scars, and now I have no signs of any previous breakouts.

What negative effects it has?
The downsides of the FTE besides that it is extremely pricey (and the price never stops increasing from year to year), if you start using it and your skin loves it, you can never stop using it. I've tried to stop, I lost my glow and I looked 'gloomy'. My question is, are you willing to make this 'lifetime' investment?

I personally don't think I can ever stop using this product though I've been trying to cut down gradually to see if I can reduce usage. I have been trying to substitute with other serums which is equally as effective.

on 3/17/2014 10:01:00 PM

I did see an improvement in my skin upon using this but I'm not sure if it's a combination of using the SK-II face wash and some other treatments. Sinks in very nicely and doesn't have a strong scent

on 3/16/2014 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Iíve been curious about the hype behind the product for years, so when this became available at Sephora I decided to take the plunge. The Treatment Essence has the consistency of water and the instructions were a bit vague, which didnít inspire a lot of confidence, but Iíve found that two drips of the Essence in the palm of my hand, then spread on my face, is plenty for my full face and neck. When I started using this I was pregnant, third trimester with my third child, and my skin (which pre-pregnancy was oily, sensitive, and break-out prone) had become occasionally flaky, my skin would be oily one week then dry the next, and increasingly sensitive and uneven. I had also noticed very fine wrinkles, which I was not happy about. Within one week, the Treatment Essence evened out my skin tone, flakiness was gone (and has not returned), the fine lines disappeared (yes, they were gone!), and the oiliness was curbed and the dryness ended. My skin was glowing and I was in shock! After my baby was born, I immediately had a breakout (hormones), but when it cleared up, my skin was glowing again. My son is now 18 months and I still love and use the Treatment Essence every day. I still get the occasional, hormonal breakout, but this keeps my skin overall calm, clear, and smooth. Iíve gotten compliments on my skin since using this product (even from my laser technician who gets up-close and personal with every square inch of my skin). I will continue to buy this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used half a bottle of this. I don't know about the whole two week transformation thing. My skin was really bad to begin with so i guess it did heal my skin. Maybe my skin is not used to high end brands

on 2/27/2014 2:50:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've had this since Christmas and have been using it regularly since. Initially, it made my skin glow. However, recently, it hasn't been doing much for my skin. It actually stung a bit when I used it last night. Ironically, when the heater was on full blast earlier this winter, it seemed to keep my skin supple and glowy, but now when it's warmer and we haven't turned on the heater it doesn't do much for my skin.

I use this at night after cleansing my skin and apply a night moisturizer on top. I liked the results a lot better when I paired this with SKII Essential Power Cream, but now that I've run out I realize that it was the cream that was doing all the heavy lifting and not this essence. I'm also using SKII's Essential Power serum, which I like much better. Disappointed in this treatment and wouldn't repurchase.

Popular Treatments (Face)