July 30, 2014 | 1960 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by vickyboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i do love mascaras, and this one is lovely, i kind of like the chunky packaging and i was pleasantly surprised after the first use; my eyelashes were so dark and looked so thick! they didn't curl, but i had already curled my lashes as force of habit, and while it didn't keep the curl, it didn't lose it either (if that even makes sense). it didn't flake any more than other mascaras i have tried in the past, and it didn't smudge, but at the end of the day it was far too difficult to take off with my regular makeup remover (it is waterproof, but other waterproof mascaras were not that difficult), it sort of clung to my eyelashes and made them feel brittle.. not sure if this is because of the ingredients of both products not agreeing with one another, but was not happy with the way my lashes felt :( i think i'll give it a fair go and try with another makeup remover and see what the results are before i make any final decisions, but if anyone uses particular removers that are A+ let me know!

EDIT: i tried this mascara with other makeup removers and can safely say that this product did not work for me at all. when removing the mascara after having used it for a while, several of my eyelashes fell out which is absolutely unusual when i remove other mascaras! I am sad to say that this is not a product for me, i wanted to like it so badly because it made my eyelashes look so lovely! what a shame :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by muysie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this at a cvs in michigan on an overseas trip . I was about 14 and it was one of the best mascara experiences of my life. why four lippies you say? Because I am allowing for idolisation to have made this more golden and full of wonder and glory in the 7 years since I used it. Why has it been seven years? Because covergirl is not in South Africa. This has made me quite depressed. What cruel world shows your eyelashes their soulmate only to rip them away! Ok enough of that. I loved the brush and thought mascara was always easy and fabulous, I thought clumping only happened to people who used mud instead of mascara.How wrong I was! Every other mascara since has shown me that... The brush is pure magic and the formula just wanted to coat every single lash because it knows they are special too. Covergirl please come to south africa! You probably wouldnt even need a marketing team with the odd seven years of testimonials I have eagerly screamed at anyone who even mentioned mascara! All in all love the product! It was fab!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I got this on a whim one day looking for a better mascara than the one I had. Jackpot. This is my favorite mascara now, it's been 2 years and I still LOVE it to death.

Never had a mascara separate and define like this one ever. You can go big or keep it more natural with this. NEVER clumps or smudges. If its been a LONG day it begins to flake a tiny bit, but I don't mind because it happens after 12 hours or so on me.

The wand is rubber, which now I prefer after this mascara, and the tube is a bit clunky. BEST mascara on the market in my opinion. No fussing with it or any weird learning curve to get the look you want (Benefit talking to you).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for both the waterproof and non-WP versions -- I love the way this mascara volumizes and really enhances my lashes, but I will not buy again because it flakes like a MOFO, especially at the end of the day. I literally have to go wash it off or I can't see the computer screen in the evenings because it has flaked into my eyes. How difficult is it to make a mascara that doesn't flake - seriously?

Also, to continue my rant, the waterproof version is really hard to get off. I use sweet almond oil to remove my mascara, and this works really well on everything except this. How can a mascara flake all to h*ll and not come off -- all at the same time?

In other words, no, I don't like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Rubymm

I have the black brown color and I absolutely love this mascara! I used it for the first time today and it's amazing! It makes my lashes so full but sill looks really natural and it's amazing! I just love it and the price just makes it so much better!!! LOVEEEE!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by vanessakkk

i dont know why so many people love it,to me it doesn't last long and its not waterproof at all.Separate my eyelashes pretty well but only last for a few hours

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by sophiaclaarke

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

amazing mascara I compared this to the Lancome and Chanel mascaras that I used to pay sooo much for and this is absolutley amazing. stunning volume and length! I do not reccomend their other ones..I was a little disappointed with those

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by paddlepops

i love this mascara! i wasn't wowed by it at first honestly, i felt like there was no product on the brush and it didn't make a difference to my lashes. but i found that this was perfect underneath a more wet lengthening mascara. it provides the perfect base because it sort of perfects your lashes in the way you want to without it getting clumpy or heavy. so i could spend 3 minutes really separating my lashes and once i layer another mascara on top it looks amazing. it doesn't clump, no spider lashes at all. i personally enjoy covergirl mascaras over maybelline and even more their volumising ones.

i took a star off because it's not something i would use on its own

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Like the other cover girl lash blast products I wasn't wowed by this product. It didn't lengthen or make my lashes thicker and it smudged badly. For a drugstore product I wasn't surprised. I would stick to my maybelline lots of lashes with the heart shaped brush instead of this product. Don't waste your money like I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by emmajane777

Amazing!!! I have had eyelash extensions for about a year and my lashes have only just started growing back. This does wonders for my poor broken lashes! Only thing that has made them long and thick! Would definitely recommend!