MAC Matte2 - Typographic

4.8

on 6/5/2009 1:21:00 PM

This is far and away my favorite crease color to wear with shadows in the blue and purple range. I love the matte finish and it's a nice compliment to glitter or shimmer shadows since I don't want my eyes to look like a big disco ball.

on 4/29/2009 5:36:00 PM

I agree with most of everyone here, typographic is very versatile, works great for a smokey eye without all the intensity that carbon outputs....

Love to use it with pinks or purples on the lid ..

on 4/29/2009 5:06:00 PM

Great crease color or outer v. I use this with almost any eyeshadow colors, it is very versatile. I use it with Milani sun goddess as a lid color and typographic in the crease. It goes great with mac ricepaper too.

on 4/10/2009 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

MAC Typographic was part of the Matte 2 collection. It's a very dark charcoal that borders on being black. I typically *hate* matte eyeshadows ... but this one gets nothing but love from me! I can't say that it's particularly unique in terms of color .. I mean .. a charcoal eyeshadow isn't exactly hard to find in the cosmetic world .. I think what I adore about this aside from the super sultry color this morphs into on my eye .. is that it is SO pigmented, and blends beautifully! It's so easy to work with Typographic. I have an absolute ton of eyeshadows, this baby is one of the few however that actually has a noticeable dip in it! Another winner from MAC!!

on 3/27/2009 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I love this color! I usually use it as an eyeliner or when I do dark smokey eyes.

on 3/26/2009 7:06:00 PM

Greatest crease color ever! Not quite as dramatic as Carbon, but has the same effect - I actually like it better. It's great for a smokey eye, adding depth to a crease, darkening a color, or an eyeliner etc. I even bought a backup!

on 3/25/2009 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have decided that Matte2 shadows are officially the bomb. Typographic is basically an almost black, or off black. If you want to do a smokey eye without the harshness of a true black, then this one is for you. The color payoff is exceptional, the texture is to die for, and its a must for a soft smokey eye. I wore this with sushi flower, gorgeous.

on 3/18/2009 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this color! It is so rich. Works great as a liner because it is so rich, but also blends wonderfully in the crease.

on 2/17/2009 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is very highly rated. I wanted a semi charcoal shade with a matte finish that is soft and can be smoked easily. I think that's exactly what I got. This can be worked in layers, very soft focus layers to build coverage. Amazing matte shadow, and matte is so in season. I'd like to try more matte 2 shades. This is like silk, and incredible pigment. It just glides on.

This is a must for smoky eyes, it blends well and is very close to black. I do find that it tends to crease though. If you have very dark hair like me, you can also use as an eye brow filler.

Top Rated MAC Products